Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
*JJ

Birmingham Brummies 2022

20 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

If he rides for Holsted, Birmingham can say Vissing is witholding his services & get a strong guest, no issues there!

They'll get a guest anyway as it's a meeting in his home league. The NDL guest rule I'm sure got binned a while back. The question of the leagues integrity around a signing who'll miss a lot of home matches (if that is that case) would be more my concern. Have the bspl approved all the signings yet?

7 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

They'll get a guest anyway as it's a meeting in his home league. The NDL guest rule I'm sure got binned a while back. The question of the leagues integrity around a signing who'll miss a lot of home matches (if that is that case) would be more my concern. Have the bspl approved all the signings yet?

careful, you'll be accused of making stupid or derogatory comments

5 hours ago, mac101 said:

both teams ride a Wednesday  this is why ben basso moved from poole to glasgow as all danish league match’s now run on Wednesday but will depend if he is the chosen c class rider for holstead 

Birmingham don’t ride every Wednesday for starters and Vissing won’t ride every match in Denmark either. The Danish season doesn’t start until much later either. If planned correctly it shouldn’t be a problem - the ‘planned correctly’ is the important part of that statement though….

Edited by Najjer
  • Like 4

10 hours ago, Najjer said:

Birmingham don’t ride every Wednesday for starters and Vissing won’t ride every match in Denmark either. The Danish season doesn’t start until much later either. If planned correctly it shouldn’t be a problem - the ‘planned correctly’ is the important part of that statement though….

But both sets of fixtures are already published. There are currently 7 clashes, more if Birmingham have any rain-offs. 

Incidentally if there are no rain-offs the Brummie's season appears to end in July!!

10 hours ago, Najjer said:

The Danish League also has a mid season break in July.

Just now, arnieg said:

But both sets of fixtures are already published. There are currently 7 clashes, more if Birmingham have any rain-offs. 

Incidentally if there are no rain-offs the Brummie's season appears to end in July!!

??? We have 7 meetings in July .

Only 1 scheduled for August .

2 hours ago, arnieg said:

No rain offs!!!!      , knockout Cup, play offs, all has to be accounted for and planned into the fixture list. It's not just thrown together. Also time taken out for the local egg& spoon race or intentional bean bag throwing or whatever they do.:D

Edited by Petecc
Missed a bit.
  • Like 2

Be good to have the play offs in decent weather rather than a cold damp night in October or November.. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Dog said:

Be good to have the play offs in decent weather rather than a cold damp night in October or November.. 

Be good to reach them :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On ‎3‎/‎16‎/‎2022 at 12:22 AM, szkocjasid said:

If he rides for Holsted, Birmingham can say Vissing is witholding his services & get a strong guest, no issues there!

According to the ISLB calendar(Speedways Main Leagues), the Danes have priority on a Wednesday so Vissing, if he does not ride for Birmingham on that day, Will not receive a 28 day ban for withholding his services & a guest will be allowed.

On ‎3‎/‎15‎/‎2022 at 2:59 PM, foreverblue said:

If the last rider is Adam Ellis, then they are play off contenders

In the SS there is a story on Plymouth that a Premiership rider turned them down to ride for another Championship club & as there are not many places left, it makes me surmise that this rider is Ellis so is just a matter of doting the "i's" & crossing the "t's" with probably a localised sponsor to help with his demands(wages) being the "British Champion".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IronScorpion said:

In the SS there is a story on Plymouth that a Premiership rider turned them down to ride for another Championship club & as there are not many places left, it makes me surmise that this rider is Ellis so is just a matter of doting the "i's" & crossing the "t's" with probably a localised sponsor to help with his demands(wages) being the "British Champion".

I hope so, after all their troubles, Birmingham deserve a decent side

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IronScorpion said:

According to the ISLB calendar(Speedways Main Leagues), the Danes have priority on a Wednesday so Vissing, if he does not ride for Birmingham on that day, Will not receive a 28 day ban for withholding his services & a guest will be allowed.

Really shows why the sport cannot be taken seriously in GB.Just enjoy the racing ,because winning means nothing nowadays.

Edited by Fromafar
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Really shows why the sport cannot be taken seriously in GB.Just enjoy the racing ,because winning means nothing nowadays.

Exactly

• Like 1

18 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

if he does not ride for Birmingham on that day, Will not receive a 28 day ban for withholding his services & a guest will be allowed.

The team gets a guest because the rider is NOT withholding his services. And if a rider DOES withhold his services, what does the team get then?