British Speedway Forum
*JJ

Birmingham Brummies 2022

30 minutes ago, uk_martin said:

The team gets a guest because the rider is NOT withholding his services. And if a rider DOES withhold his services, what does the team get then? 

A guest.:rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, uk_martin said:

The team gets a guest because the rider is NOT withholding his services. And if a rider DOES withhold his services, what does the team get then? 

A 28 day ban and the ability to use a guest. 

I think everybody would sooner have their own riders in their team other than guests so they would want to be avoiding a ban.

Must be Adam Ellis after Plymouth's news about losing a Premiership rider to another Championship team

Edited by Diamonds85
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Najjer said:

I think everybody would sooner have their own riders in their team other than guests so they would want to be avoiding a ban.

That's what I'm not sure about. The fans would certainly like 7 on their own riders every meeting. But is that Rogers's way of getting into the play-off's? Vissing hasn't got many competitive miles on the clock these past 3 years, and he's not getting any younger. Given that a guest would be up to a 8.92 average, that would be so advantageous to have if Vissing only rides to the ability of a 6 or 7 point rider when he does make an appearance. 

14 minutes ago, uk_martin said:

That's what I'm not sure about. The fans would certainly like 7 on their own riders every meeting. But is that Rogers's way of getting into the play-off's? Vissing hasn't got many competitive miles on the clock these past 3 years, and he's not getting any younger. Given that a guest would be up to a 8.92 average, that would be so advantageous to have if Vissing only rides to the ability of a 6 or 7 point rider when he does make an appearance. 

could work out similar to Peterborough last season with Ostergaard

• Like 1

4 hours ago, stevehone said:

could work out similar to Peterborough last season with Ostergaard

At least it was valid ,as he had an injury.

• Like 1

If you ask me, it should be a condition of the BSPZzzz ratifying a signing that the rider in question should be available for all if not the vast majority of the fixtures, if the fixtures are published before the signing is made. Anything else just invites more ridicule. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, uk_martin said:

If you ask me, it should be a condition of the BSPZzzz ratifying a signing that the rider in question should be available for all if not the vast majority of the fixtures, if the fixtures are published before the signing is made. Anything else just invites more ridicule. 

Just basic common sense isn't it? 

I wonder if there is actually anyone within the sport who scratch their heads wondering why the sport has no major sponsor involvement..

Rendering your own competitions virtually worthless from the outset, by your own rules and regulation of them, is not the greatest starting point for success you would have to think, yet that seems to be the 'game plan' each season...

It is certainly a very uniquely strange way to run a business...

• Like 2

11 hours ago, uk_martin said:

It is

• Like 2

12 hours ago, uk_martin said:

They are only club 'announcements' until the bspl approves them.

12 hours ago, uk_martin said:

And what would happen if someone became available for say just the first 2 months of the season, because of other commitments.

21 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

And what would happen if someone became available for say just the first 2 months of the season, because of other commitments.

i don't see a problem with doing that, as long as Birmingham understand that there will be no facility available when the short term contract expires

• Like 4

2 hours ago, The Third Man said:

i don't see a problem with doing that, as long as Birmingham understand that there will be no facility available when the short term contract expires

Good point...

As they slavishly follow such a subjective measure as averages, there wouldnt be anything wrong for me in using any number of riders for two months at a time (or even less), just as long as their average meets requirements.. 

Even for "just one night only" if required, as it would at least mean that a team use their own riders and not another teams' in the same league. As that destroys any kudos in winning the competitions...

And if you dont have that "it means something" feel to a sporting contest, unfortunately the fanbase can end up apathetic towards it, which cannot be good for attendance levels..

I think everyone is going off on a tangent regarding Vissing as I don't think any of the Brummies hierarchy have said that he will miss any meetings. All surmising atm. 

• Like 3