British Speedway Forum
*JJ

Birmingham Brummies 2022

Reminds me somewhat of Swindon dragging Miedzinski over to the UK a few years ago to ride in one match, in which he "scored" 000. Can't recall the exact circumstances, and I'm not making any direct comparison whatsoever with Cussing/Birmingham!

2 hours ago, The Dog said:

I don't think any of the Brummies hierarchy have said that he will miss any meetings.

Let's hope not...because after the announcement that "someone" was checking their fixtures and the amount of time that what must have been a thoroughly forensic check has taken, it would be a huge embarrassment if that were to happen now, wouldn't it?

After the massive struggles and heaps of abuse LR and the owners have had to endure to put together an anywhere near competitive team, I am sure they can live with a little embarrassment. If that's what it takes to get through the season and give the fans some exciting racing, then so be it.

Instead of continuing to berate and snipe some people need to back off. Let's wait and see how the season pans out. I get the impression some on this forum would be desperately disappointed if things turns out well.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Be good to see Bomber/Barker/Roynon competing against the new look Brummies on the opening night....Lewis Kerr is no slouch round PB either.

Should be a cracking start to the season!

If the weather is good, I can see a big crowd for this one (HOPEFULLY) !

Edited by GiveusaB

17 hours ago, Hamish McRaker said:

Reminds me somewhat of Swindon dragging Miedzinski over to the UK a few years ago to ride in one match, in which he "scored" 000. Can't recall the exact circumstances, and I'm not making any direct comparison whatsoever with Cussing/Birmingham!

In fairness to Miedzak, he was signed to be the number 1 (no options available) & in his first meeting crashed on the pits bend at the time slicing his fingers away. When he came back at Leicester he was shot to pieces from memory. 

Brummies will probably reveal the final rider on Wednesday,  I did hear a small rumour about someone coming out of retirement to sign, Bjarne Pedersen... Doubt if its true, knowing Brummies luck it will be Brent Werner haha

5 minutes ago, Gerbat1875 said:

Brummies will probably reveal the final rider on Wednesday,  I did hear a small rumour about someone coming out of retirement to sign, Bjarne Pedersen... Doubt if its true, knowing Brummies luck it will be Brent Werner haha

Pedersen was my guess, I still think it will be Adam Ellis 

• Like 2

I like see Max Ruml be in Brummies, well his brother Dillon is in Poole Pirates. I wish Max be in British League as well, but wait and see.

8 minutes ago, speed29 said:

I like see Max Ruml be in Brummies, well his brother Dillon is in Poole Pirates. I wish Max be in British League as well, but wait and see.

Oxford isn't he? Dillon not Max who I think I heard had a full time job in the US so wouldn't come across despite seeming to be much improved since his spell at Edinburgh

12 hours ago, Gerbat1875 said:

I did hear a small rumour about someone coming out of retirement to sign, Bjarne Pedersen

The Brummies need 1,000 people through the door every week, or even more if most of them only pay concessionary admission, and digging up Barnyard Pedalo and putting him into the team is NOT going to achieve that goal. He is widely unpopular at Perry Barr, and would only disincentivise fans from wanting to go again.

Edited by uk_martin
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, uk_martin said:

The Brummies need 1,000 people through the door every week, or even more if most of them only pay concessionary admission, and digging up Barnyard Pedalo and putting him into the team is NOT going to achieve that goal. He is widely unpopular at Perry Barr, and would only disincentivise fans from wanting to go again.

The 1,000 figure may have been reduced, depends on what the deal is with new sponsorship deal with Curtis printers.

Quite possible that the programmes will be printed at a greatly reduced cost or even better for free.

This would allow the club another way to make some extra money alongside the money they make from fans going through the turnstiles.

• Like 1

Only in speedway could a team like Leicester name their riding order before Brummies have even named their team... 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, The Dog said:

Only in speedway could a team like Leicester name their riding order before Brummies have even named their team... 

There should be a deadline well in front of the season start shouldnt there.?

If nothing else so you can market the riders and also (if required), step in and not allow teams who dont reach a minimum standard, as this helps no one, especially the sport itself.. 

24 minutes ago, The Dog said:

Because speedway is the only team Motorsport in the world? 

• Like 1

Birmingham have their team it’s just waiting for them to announce it or will it just be a case of come to Leicester on Saturday to find out ?  Some of these issues have been caused by a rider having their arm twisted to ride for Birmingham as No1 then trying to back track saying if you can get anyone else I will drop out as they are not fussed about starting in  Championship in 2022

• Like 1