British Speedway Forum
*JJ

Birmingham Brummies 2022

48 minutes ago, uk_martin said:

Tell that to all the fantasists on the other threads talking about reopening Bradford, Eastbourne, Swindon, Reading, Coventry etc etc

On the other hand, do we want to compound the shortage of riders with an influx of non-riders?  Riders who appear on paper but not in the flesh? It may be hard on Birmingham, but if that stance taken by the BSPZzz is correct then it's the right thing for the sport.

I think it's the timing of it for me UK Martin... helps nobody let alone 'protecting' clubs in the future 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, flagrag said:

It’s not just Danish riders that Birmingham are having a problem signing due to fixture clashes. They had another rider lined up to return to the UK for them but the deal was stopped by authorities  due to him missing a number of weekend away fixtures due to meetings abroad.

Won’t help the support signing riders who can’t fullfill  the fixtures though,doomed to failure I would suggest if going down that road.The riders just don’t care whether they ride in UK anymore.

Reminds me a bit of Leicester in 2014 (?) when they had struggled to put together a team on going up into the Elite league and began the season with two riders who were, it transpired, only on short term deals, in other words a patched-up side. They got through the season somehow but as I recall, the team turned into something of a revolving door and bottom place became inevitable.

I really hope this doesn't become the fate of the Brummies, because finding replacements if riders who start the season then decide after a few weeks to jack it in, is going to be nigh on impossible especially with the Wednesday race night ruling out Denmark as a source. 

But looking at the riders 3-7, there is the added problem of three of them being injury-prone(some more so than others) and a complete rookie. Along with other sane speedway supporters I hope it will all turn out ok, but the emphasis has to be on the word hope (and pray for those who believe in that).

20 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Ellis? Guaranteed

Told ya!!  I wonder how much the guarantee was?!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ljriley90 said:

As a traditionalist ... I'm loving the new race jacket !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 5

Well done Birmingham. Great team which should be challenging. 
new air fence and completely newly laid track. New team sponsor.  The promotion have ticked everything single box. 
just need the crowds to come. 

• Like 5

48 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

TFFT!

I'll second that.  Best of luck to the team. Let's hope they all keep healthy and that the fixture concerns don't materialise.

3 hours ago, The Dog said:

I think it's the timing of it for me UK Martin... helps nobody let alone 'protecting' clubs in the future 

Surely a short term signing will help the Brummies to commence there fixtures before the European leagues start 

1 hour ago, GiveusaB said:

TFFT!

Best team we've had in a long time IMO!

Woohoo!

Agree with that, definitely play off material, could even challenge for the title. Adam Ellis is a top rider and could easily put a point on his current average. 

• Like 1