Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
*JJ

Birmingham Brummies 2022

1 hour ago, Jonny the spud said:

Where did you get that figure from ? 

You mean to say Adam didn’t tell Dickie Head in person?

20 minutes ago, Historian said:

Was at PB this afternoon, Track looked Good,  where were Ellis and Nielson did they clear off after the photo session, dint see them out on the track? Not fan of Ellis, a gater as far as  Im concerened. If I remember correctly his efforts in (2019) Ht15 were less than exemplary, dont give us much chance if it comes down to last ht deciders.

Most impressive rider in my opinion was Bulls no.4 15 yr old Freddie Hodder, quick, smooth and in control, pity hes signed for Belle Vue, certainly one to watch.

Might go to leics even though Morley is riding, at least there's no dog track and you can stand on the exit of bend 2.

Ellis and Nielsen had to be at Sheffield for 2pm for their Press and Practice day which was unfortunatly arranged before the Brummies announced their P&P plans for the same day.

Edited by Fozzie4388
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Fozzie4388 said:

Ellis and Nielsen had to be at Sheffield for 2pm for their Press and Practice day.........

Couldn't Chris Harris have been a guest #1??? :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

36 minutes ago, Historian said:

Was at PB this afternoon, Track looked Good,  where were Ellis and Nielson did they clear off after the photo session, dint see them out on the track? Not fan of Ellis, a gater as far as  Im concerened. If I remember correctly his efforts in (2019) Ht15 were less than exemplary, dont give us much chance if it comes down to last ht deciders.

Most impressive rider in my opinion was Bulls no.4 15 yr old Freddie Hodder, quick, smooth and in control, pity hes signed for Belle Vue, certainly one to watch.

Might go to leics even though Morley is riding, at least there's no dog track and you can stand on the exit of bend 2.

Looking at Adam Ellis's record in heat `15 appearances for last season for Sheffield.

Home 

8 appearances 

2 occasions winning the race

4 occasions finishing 2nd ( 3 were paid wins)

2 occasions  finishing 4th

Away

7 appearances

3 occasions winning races

2 occasions finishing 2nd 

2 occasions finishing 4th

Very nearly a 50% record for either win or paid win, I would say that was not too shabby.  

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, spin king said:

Looking at Adam Ellis's record in heat `15 appearances for last season for Sheffield.

Home 

8 appearances 

Away

7 appearances

Very nearly a 50% record for either win or paid win, I would say that was not too shabby.  

Was only referring to his B,ham rides. His sheffield results dont affect the Brummies

Edited by Historian

1 hour ago, Fozzie4388 said:

Morris was wearing Number 4 on the P&P released on Instagram. 

That surely means Shanes at #2, that doesn't bode well, by the time the track is to his liking all his programmed rides will have been completed.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Col said:

That surely means Shanes at #2, that doesn't bode well, by the time the track is to his liking all his programmed rides will have been completed.

Shanes was wearing  no.2 at PB this afternoon.

55 minutes ago, Historian said:

Was only referring to his B,ham rides. His sheffield results dont affect the Brummies

And I am pointing out that his results more recently than what you are.

Add to the fact that he won the British title beating arguably the best rider in the Premier League on his own patch.

The Adam Ellis that rode 2019 was a much improved rider in 2021.

Lets face it who else of that quality could have Birmingham have signed.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, spin king said:

And I am pointing out that his results more recently than what you are.

Add to the fact that he won the British title beating arguably the best rider in the Premier League on his own patch.

The Adam Ellis that rode 2019 was a much improved rider in 2021.

Lets face it who else of that quality could have Birmingham have signed.

Not sure Scunny fans would agree?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spin king said:

Home 

8 appearances 

Away

7 appearances

And look at his heat 15's for scunny he was a totally different rider for Sheffield and he's another who cant keep still at the tapes

• Like 1

Might've been tempted run Claus and auty at 1 and 2 at home. Morris and Shanes can look after themselves there and gives a strong pairing with no pressure on the top 2 after time out from sport. Not b'ham fan just an observation

I have to say that in all the years LR has been a team manager this is probably the best 1 to 7 he has ever assembled, It just needs Brum to have a reasonable season with regards being injury free and they should make the play offs, the comments about AE being a gater are probably correct but tell me how many top riders cant gate and when Adam does gate how many catch and pass him ?. Their is certainly improvement in this team points wise if they can add some consistency especially in the lower middle order.

• Like 1

This would be my choice of riding order:

1. Claus Vissing
2. James Shanes
3. Josh Auty
4. Ashley Morris
5. Adam Ellis
6. Stefan Nielsen
7. James Pearson

3 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

This would be my choice of riding order:

1. Claus Vissing