British Speedway Forum
*JJ

Birmingham Brummies 2022

1 hour ago, Gerbat1875 said:

Track had hardly any dirt on it, very slick, whether that changes before the first home meeting who knows

It's been very dry and windy so I'd be shocked if there was much dirt on it. 

Most of any top dressing would have blown away especially on to the dog track which wouldn't have pleased the landlords. 

I'm sure they'll get some water down if it doesn't rain and some dirt created or added. 

13 minutes ago, HGould said:

It's been very dry and windy so I'd be shocked if there was much dirt on it. 

Most of any top dressing would have blown away especially on to the dog track which wouldn't have pleased the landlords. 

I'm sure they'll get some water down if it doesn't rain and some dirt created or added. 

No top dressing blew away!!  They got water into it although had to do a repair job on the bowser .... track will start slick till it beds in and more dirt will be added. The riders all commented at the track being good to ride .... 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

not allowing it, doesn't just penalise the team, it also robs the paying spectator of value for money

The onus of responsibility, by having a clear rule on the matter lies with the team signing the rider. My understanding of the rule was out of date, and IronScorpion clarified what it is now in his post above. Other teams abide by it, so no excuses. LR knows it too, and considers it a price worth paying in order to have Ellis on board for (most of?) the rest of the season. With it being an away fixture, it probably made his decision-making process that much easier for him. And when did the paying spectator getting VFM ever come into consideration in the realm of British Speedway, anyway?

Edited by uk_martin
  • Sad 1

anyone know the team for the visit to Wolves tomorrow?

4 minutes ago, stevehone said:

anyone know the team for the visit to Wolves tomorrow?

Wolves website:

WOLVERHAMPTON: Sam Masters, Luke Becker, Nick Morris, Ryan Douglas, Steve Worrall, Drew Kemp, Leon Flint, Joe Thompson (No.8).

BIRMINGHAM: Chris Harris, Ashley Morris, Claus Vissing, Josh Auty, Ben Barker, James Shanes, James Pearson.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Wolves website:

WOLVERHAMPTON: Sam Masters, Luke Becker, Nick Morris, Ryan Douglas, Steve Worrall, Drew Kemp, Leon Flint, Joe Thompson (No.8).

BIRMINGHAM: Chris Harris, Ashley Morris, Claus Vissing, Josh Auty, Ben Barker, James Shanes, James Pearson.

Going to be another pasting for the Brummies :unsure:

First Guest booking of the year for Bomber.... :D

• Haha 1

I think Mr guest will be Brummies best rider this season, absolute farce imo.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, lewy said:

I think Mr guest will be Brummies best rider this season, absolute farce imo.

I also suppose in your opinion it would have been better for us to close.....well you may get your wish and move on to someone else to be negative about.....oh well:t:

Just now, Brummiestormer said:

I also suppose in your opinion it would have been better for us to close.....well you may get your wish and move on to someone else to be negative about.....oh well:t:

No not at all. You may change your opinion as the season unfolds maybe all is not as it seems :neutral:

11 minutes ago, Brummiestormer said:

I would suggest considering his team is a rider down also, you're both in the same situation...

4 hours ago, StevePark said:

Wolves website:

We Are lucky here that Vissing and Pearson get some more valuable track time....let's see these meetings for what they are.

1 hour ago, GiveusaB said:

We Are lucky here that Vissing and Pearson get some more valuable track time....let's see these meetings for what they are.

Was the KO Cup really for track time though.