British Speedway Forum
*JJ

Birmingham Brummies 2022

8 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Was the KO Cup really for track time though.

I think so!

Surely ALL first couple of meetings are about track time first and foremost....

The KOC holds no esteem for me, hasn't done for years!

• Haha 1

Don’t know why the Birmingham fans think they’ve got a play off team? It’s bang average in a competitive league, Shanes in main body with Vissing and a finished Auty as heat leaders, if Ellis rides like he has in the past in this league, you will be nowhere 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

I think so!

Surely ALL first couple of meetings are about track time first and foremost....

The KOC holds no esteem for me, hasn't done for years!

Suppose the shorter your season the better then.Top 6 won’t really matter either then.

35 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Don’t know why the Birmingham fans think they’ve got a play off team? It’s bang average in a competitive league, Shanes in main body with Vissing and a finished Auty as heat leaders, if Ellis rides like he has in the past in this league, you will be nowhere 

I would say sixth place is up for grabs really after the top five who look on paper to stand out. Brum potentially have two very good reserves all season and Ellis could be a very good spearhead, so like most other sides there is reason for optimism. Other than perhaps Newcastle no team looks out of the running to me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

Suppose the shorter your season the better then.Top 6 won’t really matter either then.

Not really...might be for the riders/manager...but I'll be just happy surviving and getting value for money (on track entertainment)

I grew out of getting excited about winning trophies a long time ago. May be being a West Brom fan has added towards that ! :D

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Not really...might be for the riders/manager...but I'll be just happy surviving and getting value for money (on track entertainment)

I grew out of getting excited about winning trophies a long time ago. May be being a West Brom fan has added towards that ! :D

Granted, winning trophy’s in  GB Speedway is meaningless.

• Like 4

I think Saturday, tonight and Wednesday is all about track time because the key to a good season for Birmingham will be survival, a decent season at home and getting fans through the gate. Anything more will be a bonus 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

We Are lucky here that Vissing and Pearson get some more valuable track time....let's see these meetings for what they are.

Pearson will come good .

• Like 1

Why did Auty withdraw from the BEN Bonanza after just 3 rides yesterday?

Edited by Skidder1

12 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Why did Auty withdraw from the BEN Bonanza after just 3 rides yesterday?

Can’t be using his excuse to get out of coming to Berwick that early can he? :unsure:

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, noaksey said:

Auty (no machine) Vissing (returned to Denmark) missing at Wolves tonight 

A week into the season 2 lame excuses!

Auty being an amateur by not preparing for the season again. 

He won't last long at Brum.

2 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

Ah really. I mean I'm a Southampton fan, but still really enjoy it when Poole make a final. But I agree a club surviving is way more important. 

• Like 1