Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
*JJ

Birmingham Brummies 2022

26 minutes ago, uk_martin said:

How does this work?

How do the people at One Stop know a speedway fans' car from any other car?  Letting people know this might be a good idea.

I arrive between 6pm and 6.30pm.

I put an old programme on the dSbiard and a note saying "Speedway arrived 6.30pm will be back by 10.30pm.

Never had a ticket nor notified a fine. If I did I'd send a copy of my note and match programme. 

It's not rocket science. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, uk_martin said:

How does this work?

How do the people at One Stop know a speedway fans' car from any other car?  Letting people know this might be a good idea.

Quite simple really! Wednesday time limit is 4 hours for all! :rolleyes:

• Like 2

20 hours ago, HGould said:

I put an old programme on the dSbiard and a note saying "Speedway arrived 6.30pm will be back by 10.30pm

And some wouldn't do that on the basis that you are telling potential car thieves how long they have before you'll be returning to your car....

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, PhilTheAce said:

Vissing gets a 28 day ban 

They should make him revert back to his start of season average too.

• Like 1

Be interesting to hear vissings version of events. Three sides to every story. Vissing , Birmingham and the truth in the middle. 

We have never heard of anyone's side ... only that he had decided not to turn up. No one has said why? The promotion has said that they always paid the riders, so what was it?

1 hour ago, *JJ said:

We have never heard of anyone's side ... only that he had decided not to turn up. No one has said why? The promotion has said that they always paid the riders, so what was it?

The Birmingham PR is shocking.IMO,and they wonder where the fans have went.!!

• Like 1

Dane’s and Wednesday night racing in uk never will work 

28 minutes ago, mac101 said:

Dane’s and Wednesday night racing in uk never will work 

That maybe so but why is he missing Plymouth on a Tuesday?

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, bloom89 said:

That maybe so but why is he missing Plymouth on a Tuesday?

He's missing Tuesday because he has a 28 day ban. 

He has a 28 day ban as he didn't ride last Wednesday 

I'm led to believe, so don't shoot the messenger if not correct, that he had a Danish commitment on Wednesday that was called off. 

Hans Anderson rode on Wednesday having only been declared the night before. He however had a booking for PL on the Thursday. 

Vissing only has Brummies so at very short notice didn't make himself available for a match he wasn't available for until very late on Tues night. 

If that's the case his ban in my opinion is incredibly harsh. 

Two sides to every story. 

• Like 1

Could be a cost cutting exercise by the brummies. If what I was told was correct it’s a lot of money for someone scoring 5 or 6 pts 

22 minutes ago, HGould said:

He's missing Tuesday because he has a 28 day ban. 

He has a 28 day ban as he didn't ride last Wednesday 

I'm led to believe, so don't shoot the messenger if not correct, that he had a Danish commitment on Wednesday that was called off. 

Hans Anderson rode on Wednesday having only been declared the night before. He however had a booking for PL on the Thursday. 

Vissing only has Brummies so at very short notice didn't make himself available for a match he wasn't available for until very late on Tues night. 

If that's the case his ban in my opinion is incredibly harsh. 

Two sides to every story. 

Sorry my mistake I thought it had been announced that he was missing Plymouth before he had been banned. Ok thanks 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, PhilTheAce said:

Vissing gets a 28 day ban 

At least we know where we stand for the next 4 weeks, and don't have to play the "is he, isn't he" guessing game anymore. So, there's another month of guests to come, which ironically will probably boost the team's firepower. This farce was completely foreseeable though, wasn't it? Some would say this was "cute" team management to sign him, knowing that we'd get to this point where "facilities" worth more than the rider himself would become available. Others would say it's another example of being completely disrespectful to the paying public. 

Quite frankly I'm not interested in Vissing's reasons for not being available. We all knew it was going to happen, so who cares why? From December onwards, we all read about "how calendars were being checked", so all this was completely predictable. What I'm more interested in is who in the Brummies management signed-off on all of this, knowing what was inevitably going to happen. They sold the story to the fans that Vissing (& Ellis) were going to be in the team for the coming season, not just bits and pieces of the season. Season tickets will have been bought on this basis. The fans deserve answers.

Edited by uk_martin
  • Like 1