British Speedway Forum
*JJ

Birmingham Brummies 2022

3 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

This post will be referenced time and time again to prove that you are a clueless fool.

Bit harsh s4s....

Don't put B23 off from posting....his posts cheer me up with all this depressing covid rubbishe.....  :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, HGould said:

To put it bluntly however strong or weak we simply have to turn up and encourage others to do so of we want Brummies to survive. 

The annual rent is 50k if we have 20 fixtures that's £2500 per match. 

With only 14 guaranteed fixtures if we don't make play offs or progress in the Cup that would be £3571.48 per fixture. 

I hope this has been factored in but its a stark message to everyone to support your local club. 

We've lost too many. 

The previous promotion were losing an awful lot of money in the first batch of meetings before the enforced mid-season break and that was with crowds of 400-700ish people so we all hope the consortium have got their sums correct 

I really hope we don't sign Jack Smith awful attitude and petulant child . 

As long as whoever signs gives there all and is good with the fans (particularly the kids ) I'm happy .  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Brummies23 said:

David Bellego? Chris Holder? Andžejs Ļebedevs? Krzysztof Kasprzak? Offer them the money and the crowds will come in. 

Doyle number one and Holder at 5.

Hahaha!

3 hours ago, AndyPresley said:

I believe there are rules that Poland have imposed upon those riders, which restrict the number of leagues they can race in. I would be surprised if any of them would be available to the Championship for that reason. 

Indeed.  The rules imposed by PZM do not stop them riding in the Championship, although as Lebedevs is League1 in Poland (AFAIK) it wouldn't apply to him anyway.  However almost all Polish league racing is on a weekend, the same can be said of the Championship so they'd almost never be available except for fixtures at Birmingham & Poole.

2 hours ago, Col said:

Hahaha!

Indeed.  The rules imposed by PZM do not stop them riding in the Championship, although as Lebedevs is League1 in Poland (AFAIK) it wouldn't apply to him anyway.  However almost all Polish league racing is on a weekend, the same can be said of the Championship so they'd almost never be available except for fixtures at Birmingham & Poole.

Yeah exactly. Riders home meetings and get crowds in and then when not available for away matches get a guest in. 

• Haha 1

Adam Ellis does not have a Championship position.

Not sure whether or not he is planning to ride Championship, maybe Jonny Spud could let us know.

If he is going to ride in the Championship Birmingham could be a perfect fit for the club and rider.  

1 hour ago, GiveusaB said:

Can we afford the British Champion???

Not sure anyone can given some of the comments on other threads. 

Dont shoot me all at once but available to riders to give a team which will have strong reserves

Auty

Castagna

Sedgman

Proctor / bates

Summers

Shanes

Morris

Based that on riders who rode last year and arent signed up for this year in championship. 

Does that work? Ideally you can drop proctor for a marquee number 1.

Paco has to be a shoe in as an entertainer and rode very well at PB second half of year

12 hours ago, AndyPresley said:

There is a lack of quality riders available to British Speedway (which was very apparent to all Diamonds supporters this year) and although Josh Auty may seem an uninspiring signing, the chances are that he was one of the few decent riders available to your promotion. I’d be very surprised if you manage to bring in a big name at number 1 unless you throw silly money at someone, but even that might not work and isn’t a wise thing to do anyway. Unfortunately, whilst the new Birmingham promotion establishes itself, things will inevitably take a step back as they are playing catch up and rider confidence in them needs to grow. A lot of people seem to be overlooking these points and it frustrates me to see people seemingly surprised that the names being signed are not superstars. They won’t be and expectations should be realistic. Although they haven’t been announced, it doesn’t mean riders haven’t signed elsewhere already. I only had to read other teams threads to work that out. Try not to be too disappointed in Birmingham’s signings, as I’m sure they will be doing the very best they can with the cards they are holding.

There are more than enough quality riders if they were shared around better..

The issue is that a few clubs will have 3 heat leaders of Div 1 heat leader standard and some clubs will have one at best, and some maybe none whatsoever.. 

There really is no point in "saving" tracks and then leaving them to face another year of struggle due to not being supported in team building..

Running the sport like they do really doesnt help anyone either, as these teams with a poor side will struggle at home so their own fans will stop going, and struggle away so their opponents then get low crowds when they visit, and then invariably pay out loads in points money for a hammering..

With ironically the team with the poor side who get hammered away getting a 'positive' as they dont pay out much...

Still.... 

Winning that UK Speedway title is so important isnt it? 

Much more important than the collective growth of the sport...

I mean. You may get your results in the weekly local paper, (just above the darts and crib leagues updates), and, if successful at the end of the season, be invited to a buffet with the local mayor. 

(Covid rules allowing obviously)...

A completely avoidable race to the bottom once again for some...:(

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

Ho hum. I did originally ask for constructive comments only, but the usual suspects have turned up ... :(