British Speedway Forum
*JJ

Birmingham Brummies 2022

2 hours ago, *JJ said:

Now that the Brummies are confirmed as running next year, it's time that this thread is started!  Any commnets? (Constructive, please).

Yeah it's absolutely great news to have the Brummies on track in 2022 & hopefully yous get a decent side on track 

I think Paco/Thomas/Morris and Shanes will be definites....throw in Douglas and Smolinski.

Not sure how many points is left to play with ?

19 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

I think Paco/Thomas/Morris and Shanes will be definites....throw in Douglas and Smolinski.

Douglas has signed for someone already, this has been said already

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Smolinski does not want to ride over here and as said douglas as signed for someone else,  not sure where you will get heat leaders from IMO the other 4 I think will be in the team.

10 hours ago, BassoontheGasso said:

Josh Auty, Paco Castagna, Jack Thomas, James Shanes, Ashley Morris +2 more. (Bates, Proctor, S. Nielsen, Newman) The list isn't promising tbh.

But at least you've got a team.

Hope Paco has been paid..

Big number one needed. Would add even more bigger boost to the new Consortium. Really get people excited

Richard Lawson Birmingham could still have a chance of signing him up until March 2022 even if its announced hes in another team

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Douglas has signed for someone already, this has been said already

I misread the thread....:t:

I'm sure LR will put together a competitive side....he's probably been keeping his targets informed throughout this uncertain period.

Adam Ellis would be a coup, but he missed too many meetings the last time he rode for us...

Is Jason Garrity out yet ? :rofl:

8 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Richard Lawson Birmingham could still have a chance of signing him up until March 2022 even if its announced hes in another team

Might be worth a shout especially if Mrs Lawson prefers shopping in The Bull Ring to Poole Harbour ;)

46 minutes ago, HGould said:

Might be worth a shout especially if Mrs Lawson prefers shopping in The Bull Ring to Poole Harbour ;)

As if anyone shops in Poole! She can always shop in West Quay instead ;) Or even Castlepoint. :t:

Great to see the Brummies carry on (wish I could see another Midlands side returning - Coventry). I wish you all the best for the coming season. I do feel that good riders might be in short supply and this could affect the Brummies team. If that's the case, and the side is not top quality I do hope that this won't deter the fans. It's also very good news to hear of track work - competitive racing is a must if the sport is to survive. Merry  Christmas to all and I look forward to seeing a Brummies team racing at Oxford (just moved nearby - great timing!).

Edited by bluebee
typo
  • Like 1

Good news indeed and a great early Christmas present for Brummies fans.  Two threads open so.....................