British Speedway Forum
*JJ

Birmingham Brummies 2022

What average would Arthur Browning be on? Ticks a lot of boxes. B)

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, GiveusaB said:

When will the next signing be announced?

Once they find someone left willing to ride the list really is not great and i believe a solid number 1 signing would give the fans and new consortium a massive boost in time for Xmas. 

1 hour ago, OGT said:

What average would Arthur Browning be on? Ticks a lot of boxes. B)

He could sort the track in between rides.....

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jimsboy said:

Once they find someone left willing to ride the list really is not great and i believe a solid number 1 signing would give the fans and new consortium a massive boost in time for Xmas. 

I can't believe that they would sort a consortium to carry the club forward without having a product to sell....

I'm certain that they know/knew what riders would fit the bill....

The first 3 signings are all reasonable Championship riders.....so far, so good.

Biggest surprise/disappointment is to lose Thomas.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Has Ellis Perks retired?

Ellis would be a good shout certainly he is local.

I think his demands would be excessive though in terms of equipment and pay rates.

Credit to the new Promotion who seem to be running a tight ship already; which is why I understand a few riders who've been offered silly (very silly in some cases) money elsewhere may have been lost.

As I've said and will keep saying, it's imperative that this Promotion are here in 2023 and for many years after that!

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, HGould said:

Ellis would be a good shout certainly he is local.

I think his demands would be excessive though in terms of equipment and pay rates.

Credit to the new Promotion who seem to be running a tight ship already; which is why I understand a few riders who've been offered silly (very silly in some cases) money elsewhere may have been lost.

As I've said and will keep saying, it's imperative that this Promotion are here in 2023 and for many years after that!

Totally agree about the longevity etc....

A team of battlers is fine by me....just hoping that we can provide value for money, as 'blind faith' doesn't seem to last that long with speedway these days.

4 hours ago, Jimsboy said:

4 riders left. I'm really struggling to think of 4.

2 maybe and they would only be 2nd strings at best. 

I could name dozens of riders, may not be any good but there's plenty who can ride a bike!

19 hours ago, FromBendThree said:

Success for Birmingham in 2022 is easy to measure. If they come to tapes for 2023, it's been a huge success.

I think this can be said for a lot of clubs in all divisions.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, FromBendThree said:

Success for Birmingham in 2022 is easy to measure. If they come to tapes for 2023, it's been a huge success.

Indeed!

I just got round to properly reading Nigels interview in the Speedway Star from last week.

He's very fortright when he made it clear that while he may have 60-70k to invest (not sure if he meant himself or the combined consortium) that it would not be something he / they could do every year and that therefore the Club had to breakeven to survive. 

That's the sports issue in a nutshell I think; is that many Clubs are losing significant sums year after year and bankrolled by Promoters / Promoters Businesses or the occasional big sponsor, that's not a sustainable business model and we all have to hope that Nigel and the Consortium CAN breakeven or don't lose that much in 2022 that they can move forwards frugally and sensibly.. 

Your definition of success is spot on!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Stefan Nielsen next signing!

Good signing, top bloke and a good addition to any team, shame we couldn't fit him in at Poole,good luck to him and Birmingham. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Good signing, top bloke and a good addition to any team, shame we couldn't fit him in at Poole,good luck to him and Birmingham. 

I agree from what I've read/heard about him. Great addition to the team....

At the end of the day, if he was good enough for Poole, then he must be good enough for any team !

Well done to the B'ham management!

• Like 1