British Speedway Forum
*JJ

Birmingham Brummies 2022

4 hours ago, *JJ said:

At Birmingham, the lessees, AIM, control the (overpriced) food and drink: and they won't let you bring your own! And the pick up truck went years ago. In fact, the promotions have been trying all the suggestions made here for some years.

Why would a stadium that sells its own food and drink allow you to bring your own? It’s a common and expected practice in most stadiums, or any establishment like a pub or restaurant for example.

Would you expect to take your own beer to a pub?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, AndyPresley said:

Why would a stadium that sells its own food and drink allow you to bring your own? It’s a common and expected practice in most stadiums, or any establishment like a pub or restaurant for example.

Over zealous security guards at Brum confescated some poor old biddys packet of humbugs coz they classed it as food.Lord help when some little scroat comes through the entrance chomping on a packet of peppa pig sweets or has a pk of midget gems nowadays

Edited by zlata prilba
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

This is the best "realistic" team I can come up with for the Brummies

Birmingham 2022?  
Josh Auty 7.42
Josh Bates 5.90
Justin Sedgmen 5.55
Ty Proctor 5.42
James Shanes 4.88
Ashley Morris 4.68
Stefan Nielsen 4.52
Total 38.37

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

Birmingham 2022?  
Josh Auty 7.42
Josh Bates 5.90
Justin Sedgmen 5.55
Ty Proctor 5.42
James Shanes 4.88
Ashley Morris 4.68
Stefan Nielsen 4.52
Total 38.37

Swap bates out for a proper number 1 and i think that wouldnt be terrible. Sedgmen amd proctor had stinkers last year but they both have a point in the locker and i think morris and nielsen can be dangerous from reserve given they both rode at 4 last year!

11 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Birmingham 2022?  
Josh Auty 7.42
Josh Bates 5.90
Justin Sedgmen 5.55
Ty Proctor 5.42
James Shanes 4.88
Ashley Morris 4.68
Stefan Nielsen 4.52
Total 38.37

Ouch!

Hoping LR can come up with a lot better than that!?

Edited by GiveusaB

17 hours ago, zlata prilba said:

Over zealous security guards at Brum confescated some poor old biddys packet of humbugs coz they classed it as food.Lord help when some little scroat comes through the entrance chomping on a packet of peppa pig sweets or has a pk of midget gems nowadays

Security Guards at speedway? just in case of crowd trouble ? 

They told me to put a mask on last season as I walked past them, I pointed out that there were groups of people without masks on and they said that they were ok as they weren't moving around.?

I think they'd been watching too many Marvel films!

Bunch of 'to'@@ers'!

9 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Security Guards at speedway?

A reaction to the robbery that took place at the stadium entrance a few years ago, maybe?

Went to a number of Tracks in first couple of months of last season where Security Guards were there and hadn't been so obvious or there before.

Think it was part of the Covid Licensing that allowed stadia to open that they had to police Crowds and ensure social distancing.

At some trackes they were very over zealous and winding people up.

10 hours ago, ljriley90 said:

Swap bates out for a proper number 1 and i think that wouldnt be terrible. Sedgmen amd proctor had stinkers last year but they both have a point in the locker and i think morris and nielsen can be dangerous from reserve given they both rode at 4 last year!

But which "proper number 1" do you have in mind?

1 hour ago, uk_martin said:

A reaction to the robbery that took place at the stadium entrance a few years ago, maybe?

Yehhh, but we need the security Guards there when the stadium isn't in use .....

• Like 1

19 hours ago, AndyPresley said:

Do they offer any GF or vegan options for example? If not, then it's perfectly reasonable for anyone on a special diet to bring their own. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Smolinski!

Sorry to keep saying but Martin Smolinski will not be riding over here that's a fact. 

35 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Smolinski!

and if he isn't interested in riding in the UK in any shape or form? nad if he was interested would he not be lining up a PL place also/instead? 

If the pockets are that deep the money would be better thrown at Kildemand or Musielak who would at least have some level of UK base in place. I feel for Brum i really do, i feel the spread of heatleaders could be better enforced but the reality is that Birmingham are in deep deep trouble and a wheel is yet to be turned.

• Like 1