British Speedway Forum
*JJ

Birmingham Brummies 2022

1 minute ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

I would imagine you are looking along the lines of vissing and gappmaier plus one other.  
unless LR can pull a rabbit out of the hat like Plymouth did with the Bjarne pedersen signature I really can’t see who you will get of any heat leader quality 

Was thinking Gappmaier if Berwick don’t use him.

Last I heard about Claus he wouldn't come over unless had place in both leagues. That may have changed but sure that's why never came over last season

On 1/17/2022 at 1:03 PM, Jimsboy said:

Think you best just accept Auty will be number 1

On 1/17/2022 at 1:18 PM, GiveusaB said:

No chance!

I can't see them finding a rider on a higher ave than Auty. Gotta agree with Jimsboy here

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

Morris and Shanes are too good to be reserves 

With riders like Wright, Hume & Etheridge at reserve, Brummies won't even have the strongest reserve in the league!

3 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

With riders like Wright, Hume & Etheridge at reserve, Brummies won't even have the strongest reserve in the league!

Morris and Shane's are far better than Hume...imo

Morris definitely is....

Edited by GiveusaB

2 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Morris and Shane's are far better than Hume

Yet have lower averages. Not really factual that statement is it?

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Averages don't lie,Morris is ok Shane's is a danger to himself and every rider in the same race imo. Has he ever done a meeting without crashing. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, lewy said:

Averages don't lie,Morris is ok Shane's is a danger to himself and every rider in the same race imo. Has he ever done a meeting without crashing. 

Correct. Morris had 1 good season few years ago but has gone backwards since, Shanes not a rider I've ever been impressed by and like you say is in the Josh bates mould

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Hume and Shanes have the same average and Morris is 2 tenths less ? which makes your post not factual ? (LOL....not splitting hairs btw...)

Shanes and Morris achieved this average riding on a very poor surface last season.

I've studied all 3 riders close up over the last few seasons and I'll stand by my statement. (there's not much difference between the 3 of them, but I think Morris is, or has, the bigger potential and he's more controlled out of the 3...)

Edited by GiveusaB
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Hume and Shanes have the same average and Morris is 2 tenths less ? which makes your post not factual ?

Shanes and Morris achieved this average riding on a very poor surface last season.

I've studied all 3 riders close up over the last few seasons and I'll stand by my statement.

Correct, so explain how they're "far better". Talk me through their away form comparison then?

And why no other club wanted them in place of any of the other riders previously mentioned? And please don't say they were waiting to see what happened with Birmingham first 

11 hours ago, proud panther said:

Morris & Shanes are reserves in a good team.

We just need 3 good signings to make us a good team :D

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Hume and Shanes have the same average and Morris is 2 tenths less ? which makes your post not factual ? (LOL....not splitting hairs btw...)

I've studied all 3 riders close up over the last few seasons and I'll stand by my statement. (there's not much difference between the 3 of them, but I think Morris is, or has, the bigger potential and he's more controlled out of the 3...)

So by that logic it makes more sense to compare away form.

And what do we find?

Hume's superiority is far more evident.

Hume 4.85

Morris 4.00

Shanes 3.77.

Shanes and Morris failed to reach double figures away from home last year. In contrast Hume was paid for double figures at Edinburgh,  Kent and Leicester.

Over the last four years there isn't much to choose between them, but in 2021 Hume was the better rider.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Correct, so explain how they're "far better". Talk me through their away form comparison then?

And why no other club wanted them in place of any of the other riders previously mentioned? And please don't say they were waiting to see what happened with Birmingham first 

It's my opinion that they're better riders...may be not 'far' better...but definitely better.

May be Hume and Shanes are on par so far as control go, but Morris is ahead of both.

Shanes is a much better rider out the 3 when chasing down an opponent....

I've had the privilege of seeing all 3 riders race from the centre green on a regular basis.

Like I said, Morris and Shanes didn't have their best seasons last year....Shanes got injured and struggled....Morris was getting over a nasty injury from the year before.

Let's see what this season brings, on a new, well prepared track.

As for other clubs not wanting them? I can't answer that, nobody other than those involved know those reasons.

I'm happy that Bham still have Morris/Shanes.

10 minutes ago, arnieg said:

So by that logic it makes more sense to compare away form.

And what do we find?

Hume's superiority is far more evident.

Hume 4.85

Morris 4.00

Shanes 3.77.

Shanes and Morris failed to reach double figures away from home last year. In contrast Hume was paid for double figures at Edinburgh,  Kent and Leicester.

Over the last four years there isn't much to choose between them, but in 2021 Hume was the better rider.

Wrong! Morris scored 8 + 2 in the first away meeting at Berwick! 

according to B'hams website stastistics Morris 4.41 and Shanes 4.57 away 

Edited by GiveusaB