British Speedway Forum
*JJ

Birmingham Brummies 2022

13 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

It's my opinion that they're better riders...may be not 'far' better...but definitely better.

May be Hume and Shanes are on par so far as control go, but Morris is ahead of both.

Shanes is a much better rider out the 3 when chasing down an opponent....

I've had the privilege of seeing all 3 riders race from the centre green on a regular basis.

Like I said, Morris and Shanes didn't have their best seasons last year....Shanes got injured and struggled....Morris was getting over a nasty injury from the year before.

Let's see what this season brings, on a new, well prepared track.

As for other clubs not wanting them? I can't answer that, nobody other than those involved know those reasons.

I'm happy that Bham still have Morris/Shanes.

Maybe should've added was your opinion on your original post :t:

Some riders have rapport with a support, at reserve instead of 3 & 4 they may see bit of improvement.

Just my opinion but think Hume got more improvement as last season was what only his 2nd or 3rd full season as keeps getting left on the heap. Shanes and Morris been around for years but always float around same average

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Maybe should've added was your opinion on your original post :t:

Some riders have rapport with a support, at reserve instead of 3 & 4 they may see bit of improvement.

Just my opinion but think Hume got more improvement as last season was what only his 2nd or 3rd full season as keeps getting left on the heap. Shanes and Morris been around for years but always float around same average

Exactly as I see it too. Morris and Shanes have plateaued but Hume is on the way up……

• Like 4

May I just add....I'd love nothing more than to see Danyon progress to the top...he's a smashing lad and rides fearlessly!

I agree Danyon was definitely the pick of the 3 names mentioned, last season, but I do think that there were a few factors to that reason.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Wrong! Morris scored 8 + 2 in the first away meeting at Berwick! 

according to B'hams website stastistics Morris 4.41 and Shanes 4.57 away 

OK I missed Morris' paid 10 (still less than 3 of Hume's scores) but by quoting Morris and Shanes' figures INCLUDING bonus and showing they are still BELOW Hume's WITHOUT bonus you are rather pro in my case.

6 minutes ago, arnieg said:

OK I missed Morris' paid 10 (still less than 3 of Hume's scores) but by quoting Morris and Shanes' figures INCLUDING bonus and showing they are still BELOW Hume's WITHOUT bonus you are rather pro in my case.

Good debate about 3 young English riders...also keeping the B'ham forum topic alive :D

Are we waiting for teams like Berwick and Poole to finish their teams off before we announce our finally 3 riders?

Or has anyone heard of names who we have been linked with?

On 1/16/2022 at 8:59 PM, szkocjasid said:

This is the best "realistic" team I can come up with for the Brummies

Birmingham 2022?  
Josh Auty 7.42
Josh Bates 5.90
Justin Sedgmen 5.55
Ty Proctor 5.42
James Shanes 4.88
Ashley Morris 4.68
Stefan Nielsen 4.52
Total 38.37

Wouldn't mind Sedgmen and Proctor only if they give their all.

Wouldn't take bates tho. Need another big hitter if Auty is starting at number 5.

Take Auty in the middle order with two Big hitters only if we could find them!!

Something must be going on behind the scenes ?

May be we'll be taking a chance on an unknown? 

But we definitely need 2 decent heat leaders....riders that can carry the middle order when they have off days.

Otherwise even the most ardent/loyal fan will get fed up and lose interest.

I'm keeping faith and respect Bossman's knowledge and experience.

I personally wouldn't sign Proctor/Bates.....I'd only take Sedgemen as a last resort, but we'd need 2 better than him to complete the septet...IMO

May be the club are waiting to see how many advanced tickets are sold before committing to contracts etc...?

We are all just second guessing atm I suppose!

It is what it is as they say!

Edited by GiveusaB

May be Tom Bacon coming out of retirement? has Nick Agertoft progressed ? Nathan Stoneman as a Reserve?

Can't think of any more :D

1 minute ago, GiveusaB said:

May be Tom Bacon coming out of retirement? has Nick Agertoft progressed ? Nathan Stoneman as a Reserve?

Can't think of any more :D

If you signed two of those you could have laguta as your number one on. 20 pt average 

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

If you signed two of those you could have laguta as your number one on. 20 pt average 

Laurence has close links with Team USA

Manzaries or Max Ruml might do a second string job. 

Might be worth looking at Sweden for a No 1...one season swansong, Peter Ljung or similar anyone not riding Danish League. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, HGould said:

Might be worth looking at Sweden for a No 1...one season swansong, Peter Ljung or similar anyone not riding Danish League. 

Somebody mentioned Kildemand, but I'm not sure if he rides Danish still?

Kildemand was one of, if not the most exciting riders to see at PB back when we were in the Prem.

25 minutes ago, HGould said:

Manzaries wants to come back to the uk apparently.  His first year at foxhall he was brilliant and looked really promising but has flattened to deceive since then. 
ljung or Kim Nilsson would be good options

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Manzaries wants to come back to the uk apparently.  His first year at foxhall he was brilliant and looked really promising but has flattened to deceive since then. 
ljung or Kim Nilsson would be good options

I surprised manzaries hasn't got a team place somewhere ?

Great news...

The Brummies web site has a new page with a profound quote from Paco Castagna on it...

...should fill in the gap and keep people happy until another signing is announced.

• Haha 1