British Speedway Forum
*JJ

Birmingham Brummies 2022

3 hours ago, Yearbyred said:

What average would Jesus Christ come in on?

He would be a four pointer.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OGT said:

He'd miss any Easter fixtures though......

But certainly wouldn't be needed to feed the 5000 at any track...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I think I could be the one, I can turn wine into water, and I'm only a 2 pinter, sorry pointer.

2 hours ago, foreverblue said:

And be treated like a God. How many followers would he have? 

Less and less each year it seems

1 hour ago, GiveusaB said:

He'd fit in well with some of the donkeys we had riding last season 

If you think last season's team was was bad, I can only imagine you will be very disappointed with next years. Birmingham will have started team building at least 6-8 weeks after everybody else, so unfortunately they will be picking up what's left of the rest. I can't imagine that any rider would have committed to Birmingham even if they had approached people before this week's AGM confirmation that they are running in 2022.

I wish Birmingham good luck in 2022, but they are going to need to pull more than 1 rabbit out of the hat if they are going to be anywhere near play offs in 2022.

• Like 1

A few months ago , i read that a few riders had told Lawrence that they

would like to ride for the team this season.

As for the Bad team last season, it was not that bad,

just riders missing for overseas commitments,

and one rider not with the right temperament !.

They will do better than last season.

13 minutes ago, Bluenose said:

I'm not going to guess which one. There may have been two?

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Bluenose said:

I agree that Birmingham had a decent team last season and they were very close to making play offs. If the track had been better, I'm sure moral and temperaments would have been too. By the sounds of things, the track is being made a priority in 2022 preparations which is good to hear.

55 minutes ago, AndyPresley said:

If you think last season's team was was bad, I can only imagine you will be very disappointed with next years. Birmingham will have started team building at least 6-8 weeks after everybody else, so unfortunately they will be picking up what's left of the rest.

Like Newcastle this year, you mean? Remember, I did say 'constructive' in the first post.

Edited by *JJ

If we're looking for divine intervention how about

Richard Lawson (son of God) 

Pontus Aspgren

Christian Hefenbrock 

Joshua Auty

Mark Riss

Luke Bowen

Stephen Goret 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

7 minutes ago, *JJ said:

Like Newcastle this year, you mean? Remember, I did say 'constructive' in the first post.

My post wasn't in response to yours JJ, but yes, exactly like Newcastle this year, so I've experienced a season supporting a club who struggled to find riders after everybody else had put together the bulk of theirs. I'm not meaning to shoot Birmingham down and apologise if it came across that way - I am very pleased that they have been saved. I guess my point was that I hope Birmingham's supporters can be understanding and forgiving if they have to start all over again with a weaker side. When I read a Birmingham supporter calling last year's riders 'donkeys', I believe it is constructive make suggestions to those fans relating to managing expectations and getting behind their team. Rome wasn't built in a day was my point.

Edited by AndyPresley
  • Like 1

What about guys like Timo Lahti is there no chances getting guys like that back to UK? Or sundstrum? At least give you a number 1?

23 minutes ago, HGould said:

If we're looking for divine intervention how about

Richard Lawson (son of God) 

Pontus Aspgren

Christian Hefenbrock 

Joshua Auty

Mark Riss

Luke Bowen

Stephen Goret 

Don't be mean, after everything that Brum have been through don't terrorise the fans with the prospect of Goret being in the side!!!!!

In some level of seriousness i could see a team close to the below and not being entirely terrible.

1.Oystercard

2.Shanes

3.Newman

4.Paco

5.Auty

6.Ash Morris

7.Thomas

6 hours ago, AndyPresley said:

If you think last season's team was was bad, I can only imagine you will be very disappointed with next years. Birmingham will have started team building at least 6-8 weeks after everybody else, so unfortunately they will be picking up what's left of the rest. I can't imagine that any rider would have committed to Birmingham even if they had approached people before this week's AGM confirmation that they are running in 2022.

I wish Birmingham good luck in 2022, but they are going to need to pull more than 1 rabbit out of the hat if they are going to be anywhere near play offs in 2022.

Riss should have been at least a 8.5 rider especially at home !! Watch him go next season