British Speedway Forum
*JJ

Birmingham Brummies 2022

12 hours ago, OGT said:

He'd miss any Easter fixtures though......

Also miss Sundays as well as it is a holy day.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

1.Ostergaard, 2.Shanes 3. Newman, 4. Castagna, 5. Auty, 6. Morris, 7.Thomas

That septet would collect the wooden spoon.  Must be 6 points below the limit!  The much maligned Sedgeman would be a better signing than Shanes.

Edited by Col
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Jaizer said:

What about guys like Timo Lahti is there no chances getting guys like that back to UK? Or sundstrum? At least give you a number 1?

Sundstrom has retired

17 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Don't be mean, after everything that Brum have been through don't terrorise the fans with the prospect of Goret being in the side!!!!!

In some level of seriousness i could see a team close to the below and not being entirely terrible.

1.Oystercard

2.Shanes

3.Newman

4.Paco

5.Auty

6.Ash Morris

7.Thomas

I'd welcome Oystercard back....but please...definitely not Auty or Newman.....its bad enough having Shanes/Morris.

Having said that, the last time we had Oyster at number 1, was most probably our worst season in the clubs history.

Edited by GiveusaB
extra

9 hours ago, Col said:

That septet would collect the wooden spoon.  Must be 6 points below the limit!  The much maligned Sedgeman would be a better signing than Shanes.

I make it about a point below.

• Thanks 1

Don't be fooled by December 7th as our commitment/intention date....

I suspect that team building would've been going on for some time way before this date...

LR has always sounded confident of us continuing, its probably just been a case of dotting/crossing the details etc.....

I still think Smolinski will make an appearance....

Adam Roynon for a slot somewhere? Hasn't been announced and goes pretty well at Birmingham 

Well apparently the following riders aren't wanted by the majority: Auty, Newman, Shanes, Morris & Sedgmen and there's not a lot else out there, it's not easy to pick a team of available riders!

Birmingham 2022?

Ulrich Ostergaard 7.96
Paco Castagna 5.52
Adam Roynon 5.08
Jack Thomas 4.79
Vinnie Foord 2.00
Josh Warren 2.00
Kai Ward 2.00
Total 29.35

I know this won't be the team, but the point I'm trying to make is that's it's easy to say "no I don't want rider A,B or C" but harder to suggest available replacements, which not many do!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Don't be fooled by December 7th as our commitment/intention date....

I suspect that team building would've been going on for some time way before this date...

LR has always sounded confident of us continuing, its probably just been a case of dotting/crossing the details etc.....

I still think Smolinski will make an appearance....

With respect they would have to be very good deals or some hefty assurances to keep riders from signing elsewhere. Rogers only likes working with easy to manage riders anyways so think of speedways nice boys and the team will be close. Im not knocking the efforts to keep the club going and think its remarkable that Brum are coming to the tapes but still feel like it will be a miracle if they finish outside of the bottom two.

Not sure the hardcore will care where we finish...as long as we're entertained.

Getting the track right will be equally as important as signing quality riders.

I think LR will sign a decent 7....he's not stupid when it comes to knowing who can do what.

I've got faith....after all, we wouldn't be riding at all if it wasn't for him IMO.

• Like 2

On 12/9/2021 at 9:31 AM, Yearbyred said:

What average would Jesus Christ come in on?

Well J.C. did ride 6+ matches in the Championship last season so therefore has an official average!

Of the riders mentioned, Smolinski would put bums on seats for a change at Birmingham, but whether it's likely or not who can say, you'd never have expected Nicki at Sheffield 2 years ago.  Josh Auty and Adam Roynon would also probably please the Brummies faithful after their previous exploits.  Hats of to Laurence and the new consortium, you'd have to be brave or crazy to get involved with speedway in the UK at the moment whilst it on such a downslide, but great to see the Brummies back for another season.

Just out of interest has Lawrence Rogers ever won any thing in Speedway? He as been in the spot for a very long time been in charge of lots of Teams, but can’t remember anything, Which if that’s the case is CV doesn’t look very impressive, but maybe I’m wrong