British Speedway Forum
*JJ

Birmingham Brummies 2022

38 minutes ago, The Dog said:

Might work the other way where the riders Birmingham are interested in might be in demand in Poland and have their head turned by the big bucks of the Polish league... 

I can't see us affording anyone that has the quality/ability to be signed by a Polish club?

But with a few gaps in the Polish league, the riders we can afford might just become attractive to the Poles because they certainly wouldn't want to be short of riders because its such big business over there. 

Would a season in the NDL make sense or would a step too far at this late stage?

With rumours circling that Kennett has quit Plymouth, that's another space to fill in the quest to complete a team... 

1 hour ago, The Dog said:

With rumours circling that Kennett has quit Plymouth, that's another space to fill in the quest to complete a team... 

The Brummies make a feature in their advertising about the bikes being 500cc. That would disqualify Kennett. :D

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Jimsboy said:

I wouldn't be suprised if Ed Kennett signs. Obviously pulled out of Plymouth similar to Richard Lawson they have found out Ian and Carol Jordan are involved still at the coliseum 

You are talking absolute crap,Ian Jordan is not involved at Plymouth, but if you can prove otherwise please do,don't let the facts get in the way of idle gossip on your behalf. 

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, lewy said:

You are talking absolute crap,Ian Jordan is not involved at Plymouth, but if you can prove otherwise please do,don't let the facts get in the way of idle gossip on your behalf. 

Thats my understanding too

• Like 1

Can't see Kennett at Birmingham.

I know he tried to join a few times when Masons ran Brummies, but costs and his declining ability meant it always a non starter. 

Not his fault but he's not been on a representative average since Rye House. 

Peter Oakes article us clear that Kennett has a new role/job and wants a weekend track. Why leave a Tuesday track for a Wednesday track? 

Plymouth still have Hans Anderson. Michael Palm Toft and Ben Barker, what we'd give for those 3 lol, or 2 of them or even Barker! 

Kennett is a 6 pointer these days any way and we've enough of them. 

I'm not a fan of Kennett either...inconsistent.

However, I've seen him unbeatable at PB in the past!

I like Toft, but not a fan of Anderson and Barker is a Knob as far as I'm concerned!

Edited by GiveusaB
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, HGould said:

Can't see Kennett at Birmingham.

I know he tried to join a few times when Masons ran Brummies, but costs and his declining ability meant it always a non starter. 

Not his fault but he's not been on a representative average since Rye House. 

Peter Oakes article us clear that Kennett has a new role/job and wants a weekend track. Why leave a Tuesday track for a Wednesday track? 

Plymouth still have Hans Anderson. Michael Palm Toft and Ben Barker, what we'd give for those 3 lol, or 2 of them or even Barker! 

Kennett is a 6 pointer these days any way and we've enough of them. 

I'm sure Kennett won't be at Birmingham, but if he was available as an 8.5 rider, who will score a 6.5 ave, I'd snap him up in a heartbeat. Certainly better than a 4.00 newcomer, who may not reach his ave!

• Like 1

Great News!

Birmingham Speedway's social media feeds are buzzing once again about the addition of....have a guess....
1. A rider to the team???
2. A headline sponsor to pay some bills???
3. None of the Above

The correct answer is 3. Apparently, it's about the sir fence being put up and some more material being put onto the track, and the track looking very good. The volunteers who are keeping the faith were thanked most profusely. Now it's up to everyone else to keep the (blind) faith that three riders can be found within the next 2 weeks in time for P&P day, keep buying those season tickets and don't panic. Innit?

Edited by uk_martin

I think Birmingham fans will be happy with the news coming out of the club over the coming days.  There has been a lot of work put in by the new shareholders over the past few weeks and things on and off track are looking promising.    

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, uk_martin said:

Great News!

Birmingham Speedway's social media feeds are buzzing once again about the addition of....have a guess....
1. A rider to the team???
2. A headline sponsor to pay some bills???
3. None of the Above

The correct answer is 3. Apparently, it's about the sir fence being put up and some more material being put onto the track, and the track looking very good. The volunteers who are keeping the faith were thanked most profusely. Now it's up to everyone else to keep the (blind) faith that three riders can be found within the next 2 weeks in time for P&P day, keep buying those season tickets and don't panic. Innit?

a decent track will encourage riders to have a rethink though

• Like 1

Birmingham have Adam Ellis incoming after they gazumped Plymouth who had a deal in place to sign him,gutted as a Plymouth supporter tbh:cry: