British Speedway Forum
*JJ

Birmingham Brummies 2022

If james pearson signed up youd have thought maybe anither squad rider from denmark could come in the other second string. For example tobias busch

I thought there could have been issues with sponsors license etc

Failing pearson a 6 assessed average justin sedgman would be steady too

Edited by ljriley90

Yeah how do the new Birmingham promotion have a sponsors license? I thought new promoters had to wait a year or more before applying for one?

Or is Pearson being sponsored by a Premiership team?

23 minutes ago, enotian said:

Yeah how do the new Birmingham promotion have a sponsors license? I thought new promoters had to wait a year or more before applying for one?

Or is Pearson being sponsored by a Premiership team?

Its a government stipulation , nothing to do with the BSPL

fine but what's the stipulation? Do you have to be in business for a year before you can apply? Or can you just apply straightaway? I think Diamonds fans were told last season that they couldn't have any work permit/visa riders because it was a new promoting company without a trading history.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DJC said:

He came third in the Victorian state in December - not sure if state is still the qualifier though 

I believe state top four suffices.

Vissing is far from inspiring, Ellis would be... but that would leave what?  Guessing Morris & Neilsen wouldn't be at reserve?

8 hours ago, Col said:

Guessing Morris & Neilsen wouldn't be at reserve?

We were told that they would be, but we were also told many other things, not least that the art of the possible has been a lot more complicated than first expected. All we can do is to stay flexible with our expectations, believe things only when we see them and hope for the best.

9 minutes ago, uk_martin said:

We were told that they would be, but we were also told many other things, not least that the art of the possible has been a lot more complicated than first expected. All we can do is to stay flexible with our expectations, believe things only when we see them and hope for the best.

You are one hard guy to please. :D

• Like 1

23 hours ago, mac101 said:

don’t think he rode at all last year as he had a full time  job over there but  he has signed for holstead this year 

All I could find for 2021 were 8 meetings back in Denmark, mainly in Div 1 (Danish second tier) against the likes of Tobias Thomsen and Nick Agertoft.

20 hours ago, Dickie Head said:

IF….IF it is to be Adam Ellis, he will be one busy boy. With Premiership, Sweden and Poland (Latvia) already scheduled, another league could be one step too far.

It's funny how things change. Not so many years ago riders were only busy if they rode in more than 25 meetings a month all over Europe & back then there was no Easyjet, Ryanair or any other budget airline it had to be from & to a major airport on national airlines & that was if it were a topline star lesser riders would travel by road.

I can remember a Czech rider racing at Oxford on Friday night then driving home for a weekend meeting & back for Reading on Monday.

If Brummies do get Ellis and this Pearson kid, remain injury free for the season, then a play off place would almost certainly be guaranteed. 

9 hours ago, Col said:

Vissing is far from inspiring, Ellis would be... but that would leave what?  Guessing Morris & Neilsen wouldn't be at reserve?

Given Ellis last season at Scunthorpe I would rather have Vissing every day of the week

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Col said:

It's a shame your not inspired Col, but who were you expecting given the limited options out there? I'm sure if you can put a better team together, then the promotion and Brummies fans are all ears. 

Vissing is a decent signing. Certainly much better than I anticipated but a much needed boost to the top end of the team. 
the last two signings are going to be very interesting.  
the promotion have certainly invested in the track and new air fence and hopefully will get a good crowd for the Coventry challenge match. 
if the weather is good and the racing decent then that will set things up nicely. 

• Like 2