British Speedway Forum
*JJ

Birmingham Brummies 2022

I have just seen that Vissing is classed as a newcomer for Holsted in 2022 so must have back tracked on that decision to sign for Birmingham.

If you are on FB you can watch some of James,s races!.

Edited by Bluenose

4 hours ago, StevePark said:

I presume he's on 4.00 average?

Regulation 010.2.2 Assessed MAs

Riders new to Championship League racing are categorised as follows: -

1. a)  a rider riding in Danish, Swedish or Polish Leagues in a previous or current season will enter on a 5.00 MA

2. b)  a rider who has never ridden in a Danish, Swedish or Polish league will enter on a 4.00 MA

So it looks like he will indeed be on 4.00 ... unless he rides in Poland before his debut for Brum?! :D

2 hours ago, Roger Jacobs said:

1. a)  a rider riding in Danish, Swedish or Polish Leagues in a previous or current season will enter on a 5.00 MA

2. b)  a rider who has never ridden in a Danish, Swedish or Polish league will enter on a 4.00 MA

So it looks like he will indeed be on 4.00 ... unless he rides in Poland before his debut for Brum?! :D

I expect his Danish league appearances from last season (for Fjelsted) will be ignored as they were Div 2 (similar level to NDL), so 4.00 would be my expectation. 

Edited by arnieg

9 hours ago, proud panther said:

Would make the team play off material in my opinion.

It took the 2022 Championship Predictions thread 11 pages to conclude that the race to win the Wooden Spoon would be a close-run thing between Birmingham and Newcastle. How many more pages will it take for everyone on there to change their minds and have the Brummies in the top 4?

4 minutes ago, uk_martin said:

It took the 2022 Championship Predictions thread 11 pages to conclude that the race to win the Wooden Spoon would be a close-run thing between Birmingham and Newcastle. How many more pages will it take for everyone on there to change their minds and have the Brummies in the top 4?

Even with Ellis, unless Pearson is a revelation I can't see Brummies troubling the Pugwashers or Scottish City Slickers, title wise. 

17 yr old riding in 3 countries,remember the good old days of an aussie turning up with a bike and a smile B)

• Like 7

7 hours ago, Col said:

Even with Ellis, unless Pearson is a revelation I can't see Brummies troubling the Pugwashers or Scottish City Slickers, title wise. 

Pugwashers:rofl: Of course, we could cue in some jokes about the names of the crew but I will leave that unsaid to maintain the high standards of this forum.

19 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

I have just seen that Vissing is classed as a newcomer for Holsted in 2022 so must have back tracked on that decision to sign for Birmingham.

Probably what the hoo-har was about trying to sort out dates?

2 hours ago, FromBendThree said:

Pugwashers:rofl: Of course, we could cue in some jokes about the names of the crew but I will leave that unsaid to maintain the high standards of this forum.

The naughty names is just a myth!

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Roger Jacobs said:

In Poland, according to this https://speedwayteams2022.blogspot.com/p/pge-ekstraliga-2022.html , he is riding in the Leszno squad as an U24 rider. I am not sure if this is just the U24 League or can move up to the main squad as well.

15 hours ago, uk_martin said:

While the Brummies only have 6 riders signed, not many will place them above bottom.

3 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

While the Brummies only have 6 riders signed, not many will place them above bottom.

If the last rider is Adam Ellis, then they are play off contenders

6 hours ago, *JJ said:

Probably what the hoo-har was about trying to sort out dates?

who does he ride for if Holstead want him to ride on a wednesday same as birmingham that’s when the problems start 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Whilst the Brummies only had 4 riders, some were still placing them above a 7-man Newcastle team. It fair boggles the mind sometimes.