British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Diamonds85

National League 2022

59 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

Thought I'd get this thread going as the National League section is always rather quiet :(

https://www.speedwaygb.co.uk/news.php?extend.39902

Brilliant to see 8 clubs riding in the NL next season, really excited to see how Plymouth get on. Any predictions in team building for any of the clubs? Massive step forward :)

Will Leicester lose Trigger and Ward?

Although I’m pleased that some thought has been put into the 2022 NDL, unlike the mess of 2021, does Belle Cue’s immediate announcement of their 1-7 suggest that everyone already knew what the rules were going to be and many had already completed team building?

If that’s the case, then no wonder there was no room for Northside and IOW - there’s no riders left!

• Like 1

Great to see an enlarged NDL.. Shame Workington has been delayed due to shameful vandalism

More than happy with the team

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wee Eck said:

Although I’m pleased that some thought has been put into the 2022 NDL, unlike the mess of 2021, does Belle Cue’s immediate announcement of their 1-7 suggest that everyone already knew what the rules were going to be and many had already completed team building?

If that’s the case, then no wonder there was no room for Northside and IOW - there’s no riders left!

Belle Cue? not surprised a Belle End couldn't spell check Belle Vue (only one eye in the head and that cant see), but there you go... and there you go again making things up... but what's new like eh...

Northside had a full team and a No 8 rider all set and ready for 2022 until Travellers put paid to the Workington Comets aspirations for next season by trashing the new track and venue... I don't know what the status is with the IOW but I doubt their participation is due to lack of riders...

You should stay under that rock and do more research before you start bumping your gums...

Regards
THJ

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Wee Eck said:

Northside have already said due to vandalism the entry would be pushed back until 2023. Nice that the communication channels are open with IOW but i think they would happily sit back and watch how the upcoming season pans out before making any commitments. 

• Like 3

Good to see more teams and importantly more fixtures to give the riders and fans a better and more consistent campaign. 

Edited by Islander15
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Belle Cue? not surprised a Belle End couldn't spell check Belle Vue (only one eye in the head and that cant see), but there you go... and there you go again making things up... but what's new like eh...

Northside had a full team and a No 8 rider all set and ready for 2022 until Travellers put paid to the Workington Comets aspirations for next season by trashing the new track and venue... I don't know what the status is with the IOW but I doubt their participation is due to lack of riders...

You should stay under that rock and do more research before you start bumping your gums...

Regards
THJ

I apologise that recurring eye problems mean that I don’t always spot typos. 

• Haha 1

Two rule changes have been agreed concerning team composition:

Any rider who started the 2021 season in the NDL and achieved an average above 4.00 in the Championship is still eligible to compete in the NDL.

Is the above a rule change though? Max Clegg had a Champ ave above 4.00 & doubled up last year (briefly). So what has changed?

Edited by szkocjasid

9 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Two rule changes have been agreed concerning team composition:

Any rider who started the 2021 season in the NDL and achieved an average above 4.00 in the Championship is still eligible to compete in the NDL.

Is the above a rule change though? Max Clegg had a Champ ave above 4.00 & doubled up last year (briefly). So what has changed?

There was a rule that if you’d ever achieved an average above 4.00 in the second tier then you couldn’t double up. If memory serves me right, it stopped Tony Atkin & Jon Armstrong getting short second tier roles. But you seem right about Clegg so they must’ve formalised that rule change now!