British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
chunky

Lakeside World Darts Championship

So, I received notification from the World Darts Federation that the Lakeside World Championship (scheduled for January 1-9) has been postponed due to the current Covid surge.

I've been half-expecting it, but what other sports are likely to be affected? Are we just the first of many cancellations and postponement? What new restrictions will be introduced?

I’m in Scotland February for the six nations versus England. It’s looking dodgy.

10 minutes ago, chunky said:

So, I received notification from the World Darts Federation that the Lakeside World Championship (scheduled for January 1-9) has been postponed due to the current Covid surge.

I've been half-expecting it, but what other sports are likely to be affected? Are we just the first of many cancellations and postponement? What new restrictions will be introduced?

Didn’t even know they had a tournament on.

I used to really enjoy going to the Lakeside, preferred it to the PDC events I have been too.

33 minutes ago, Tim G said:

Didn’t even know they had a tournament on.

I used to really enjoy going to the Lakeside, preferred it to the PDC events I have been too.

Well, remember it used to be run by the BDO, who folded in 2020. The WDF took over the running of Lakeside, and the World Masters, but Covid keeps getting in the way!

17 minutes ago, chunky said:

Well, remember it used to be run by the BDO, who folded in 2020. The WDF took over the running of Lakeside, and the World Masters, but Covid keeps getting in the way!

I knew the BDO had folded but didn’t know about the WDF. Hopefully they have better luck next year.

2 minutes ago, Tim G said:

I knew the BDO had folded but didn’t know about the WDF. Hopefully they have better luck next year.

This one is postponed until April 2022, if you want to keep an eye out for it.

Edited by chunky
  • Like 1

Flicking through the channels saw the darts from Ally Pally were on as thought that might of been cancelled.

On 12/16/2021 at 10:56 AM, Richspeedway said:

Flicking through the channels saw the darts from Ally Pally were on as thought that might of been cancelled.

Seems to be having a great time......as if nothing is happening outside :D

Some good darts as well. That 9 dart finih last night was great

• Like 1

On 12/18/2021 at 10:57 AM, iris123 said:

Seems to be having a great time......as if nothing is happening outside :D

Some good darts as well. That 9 dart finih last night was great

Be interesting to see what round they get to before the crowds will be no more 

3 hours ago, TRM said:

Be interesting to see what round they get to before the crowds will be no more 

Yes i saw the MvG interview yesterday after his match, where he hoped after Xmas the crowds would still be there .Was the first i knew it was even in question