British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Doners123

Plymouth 2022

Surprised but delighted to have two teams this year.

Team building wise, I assume some possibilities would be….

1.Gilkes 

3. Andrew’s 

5. Atkins 

6. Trigger 

no idea if these riders have been signed up already or if these riders can all ride national league. Maybe add I’d Alfie bowtell. No idea if Alfie can ride national league.

any idea on team building average this year ? Any idea on Bowtell average ?! 

Ok so doing some research it’s a 40.00 limit and potentially Bowtell is allowed in but it would be his 4.77 championship average doubled ( could be wrong ).

1.Gilkes - 10.24

2. trigger - 4.12

3. Andrew’s - 6.35

4. Atkins - 5.86

5. Bowtell - 9.54 

total - 36.11

left - 3.89

could be 0.11 to micas could t get 2 x 2 point reserves in there. 

1 hour ago, Doners123 said:

Ok so doing some research it’s a 40.00 limit and potentially Bowtell is allowed in but it would be his 4.77 championship average doubled ( could be wrong ).

1.Gilkes - 10.24

2. trigger - 4.12

3. Andrew’s - 6.35

4. Atkins - 5.86

5. Bowtell - 9.54 

total - 36.11

left - 3.89

The minimum NL ave in 2021 was 3.00 not 2.00, unless that's changed, couldn't pick that team!

1 minute ago, szkocjasid said:

The minimum NL ave in 2021 was 3.00 not 2.00, unless that's changed, couldn't pick that team!

In that case from what I’ve heard Andrew’s has retired so take him out and build from there. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Doners123 said:

1.Gilkes - 10.24

2. trigger - 4.12

3. Andrew’s - 6.35

4. Atkins - 5.86

5. Bowtell - 9.54 

total - 36.11

left - 3.89

After moving up into the top 5 in 2021, Bowtell should be aiming for a number 8 spot in the Prem rather than racing in NL imo

• Like 1

Much will depend if its alternative race nights or double headers. Limited benefit to race a 2nd half for Gilkes, Atkins and co personally but who knows. Atkins on a sub 6 average at Plymouth looks the bargain of the season. Trigger as pointed out by others is in with a strong chance and maybe Ward too?

53 minutes ago, Ghosty said:

I think there's a young lad from north Devon (no not Pete Jeffrey) Kia Ward I think?

You mean Kai Ward.

Would have thought both Ben Trigger and Kai Ward would be nailed on for their local club, which takes two riders away from Leicester's bottom end.

8 hours ago, Ghosty said:

I think there's a young lad from north Devon (no not Pete Jeffrey) Kia Ward I think?

Looking for sponsorship from a major car maker ?

• Haha 1

On 12/15/2021 at 9:00 PM, szkocjasid said:

After moving up into the top 5 in 2021, Bowtell should be aiming for a number 8 spot in the Prem rather than racing in NL imo

Completely agree, no way should Alfie be riding NL. 

Could definitely see Henry and possibly Dan. Henry could do with the rides given he missed last season, for confidence if nothing else. 

I think it’s great Plymouth have made the step to bring in an NL team. I just hope it proves a success and the fans get behind some young lads who we can hopefully develop into Gladiator riders of the future.

10 hours ago, torpointfanatic22 said:

Could definitely see Henry and possibly Dan. Henry could do with the rides given he missed last season, for confidence if nothing else. 

I think it’s great Plymouth have made the step to bring in an NL team. I just hope it proves a success and the fans get behind some young lads who we can hopefully develop into Gladiator riders of the future.

Completely agree about Alfie but if no team with there only being 6 teams are going to take a chance on him then would make sense to earn a bit of extra money and dialling in on a few more tracks. 

19 hours ago, torpointfanatic22 said:

I sincerely hope Ian Jordon is utterly and totally nothing to do with the club as publicised,  Eastbourne spent years and years doing it and were certainly one of the most successful at it, all that work wiped out last season. 

Edited by gazzac
  • Like 3

I think it’s great Plymouth have made the step to bring in an NL team.

Amen to that. I enjoy my trips to the Coliseum. Mind you, it's a long way to travel twice. Can you arrange a double header please?

......some young lads who we can hopefully develop into Gladiator riders of the future.

Isn't this a bit wrong? Any centurion who ended up a gladiator, back in the day, had done something wrong!

Plymouth 2022?  
Dan Gilkes 10.30
Nathan Stoneman 8.22
Connor Coles 6.04
Henry Atkins 5.86
Ben Trigger 3.57
Eli Meadows 3.00
Vinnie Foord 3.00
Total 39.99

1 Dan Gilkes 10.30
2 Ben Trigger 3.57
3 Sam Hagon 5.75