British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Doners123

Plymouth 2022

2 hours ago, torpointfanatic22 said:

He really isn't and is a massive waste of a team spot. Lovely lad is Richard but he simply hasn't cut it in lord knows how many goes he's had at speedway. He'll have one or two meetings where he'll score 8 or 9 points and everyone will say how great he is but I'd sooner have seen Plymouth go with an unknown 3 pointer who could develop. What's worse is his average is way above his level so all in all a shocker of a signing.

The other 5 though, pretty good I reckon. Extance always looked a bit awkward at Plymouth mind and will be interesting to see how he comes back from injury, always good off the gate though and that will make him competitive at home.

Richard Andrews' father is also a great guy, but Richard won't ever be knocking on the door for a Gladiators team spot. Maybe Matt Bates could make a comeback! 

14 minutes ago, pitgate52 said:

Connor King completes the Centurions.

I'm gonna sound harsh... But that's a shame. Good kid, ok second string but disappointing finish to such a promising looking side and well under the limit. Regardless, good luck Connor and good luck Plymouth for 2022 :t:

Connor blows very hot and cold. Not sure how he will be setup this year but things have always been a little bit unfinished in previous years. Can see him and Trigger swapping reserve berths all year and each cleaning up in that position so maybe not so bad but a team very under the limit and bit underwhelming against other announced teams.

On 1/2/2022 at 6:34 PM, pitgate52 said:

Connor King completes the Centurions.

I know now where I've seen this guy before - Scoby Doo where are you.......... so all mysteries solved @ Plymouth in 2022! 

Majority of young riders who have come through NDL and into CL have been developed via the 125 250 and 500 schemes.

Proper racing from a young age whereas the journeyman of the NDL play just as an important part of the league as without them how would the league exist?

IF rumours are true and Gilkes has broken an arm and IF Atkins is packing in the Centurions look to be in a bit of bother. Choice of guests at number 1 until Gilkes returns will be fine but Atkins on such a low average would be much harder to cover and cant help feeling RR would leave them quite exposed?

3 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

IF rumours are true and Gilkes has broken an arm and IF Atkins is packing in the Centurions look to be in a bit of bother. Choice of guests at number 1 until Gilkes returns will be fine but Atkins on such a low average would be much harder to cover and cant help feeling RR would leave them quite exposed?

Atkins had denied rumours that he's quitting.   Gilkes will be a big miss though.   Sure anyone can guest for him, but finding guests willing to travel to Devon who can match his scorepower might not be easy.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, PotteringAround said:

Atkins had denied rumours that he's quitting.   Gilkes will be a big miss though.   Sure anyone can guest for him, but finding guests willing to travel to Devon who can match his scorepower might not be easy.

Good news about Atkins, not sure if a reason has been given for him missing the Scunthorpe trip? Im guessing obvious choice would be Bowtell (if he fancies the extra miles) 

44 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Good news about Atkins, not sure if a reason has been given for him missing the Scunthorpe trip? 

If not injured would he then have to serve a ban? 

1 hour ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Good news about Atkins, not sure if a reason has been given for him missing the Scunthorpe trip?

He was withholding his services, so he'll certainly be banned.  Presume the ban will affect his NDL place too.  Not sure whether it's a 7-day ban or 28?    He put something on his Facebook to his "fans and sponsors" saying he wasn't quitting, but he didn't say anything about not turning up at Scunthorpe.

14 minutes ago, PotteringAround said:

He was withholding his services, so he'll certainly be banned.  Presume the ban will affect his NDL place too.  Not sure whether it's a 7-day ban or 28?    He put something on his Facebook to his "fans and sponsors" saying he wasn't quitting, but he didn't say anything about not turning up at Scunthorpe.

If he was withholding then it used to be 28 day ban across all leagues. If he was "ill" then its just 9? days. Pretty sure taking a break will fall under witholding though

Hopefully Henry will continue. He will need time as he has really missed 3 seasons, 2020 to Covid, 2021 to injury and much of 2019 to injury too when he rode injured. 

As ever speedway is never straightforward. Have every expectation that Henry will end up at Oxford. No question he is withholding service but I'm sure Mr Godfrey will brush it under the carpet as he continues to hold his grudge against Plymouth.

I wish Henry all the best as ultimately he's a good lad it's just a shame people close to him are calling the shots and interfering when the lad should just be allowed to get on with racing. I can't help but feel these things will ultimately have a negative impact. 

On 5/1/2022 at 9:17 AM, torpointfanatic22 said:

I wish Henry all the best as ultimately he's a good lad it's just a shame people close to him are calling the shots and interfering when the lad should just be allowed to get on with racing. I can't help but feel these things will ultimately have a negative impact. 

Looks like, just days after saying he wasn't quitting, Atkins has quit both Plymouth teams.    28-day ban for withholding services would appear to be the next step.

Got to feel sorry for Plymouth who are losing riders at a rate of knots, and to a degree feel sorry for Atkins who seems to be a decent lad, but is having his career ruined, as you say,  by people close to home who are calling the shots and doing him no favours.