British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Doners123

Plymouth 2022

6 hours ago, PotteringAround said:

Looks like, just days after saying he wasn't quitting, Atkins has quit both Plymouth teams.    28-day ban for withholding services would appear to be the next step.

Got to feel sorry for Plymouth who are losing riders at a rate of knots, and to a degree feel sorry for Atkins who seems to be a decent lad, but is having his career ruined, as you say,  by people close to home who are calling the shots and doing him no favours.

In the long run being forced away from the comfort of Plymouth and onto other tracks will be better 'enrys development.  

Going to be a hard rider to replace though especially on a much lower average than his home form.

I no Plymouth are my club but if that’s the best we can put out don’t bother a team with 5 riders is beating us by 21 points after 7 heats not good enough mr Bates not good enough at all Plymouth speedway are on the up a seven like that put out today is not good enough I’ve never even heard of colley you’d have been better off riding yourself I excuse young Ben from this rant. I never expected a victory but not this arse whipping.

• Haha 2

there’s a big home track advantage  there knowing where to ride also helps and with it having stock cars there’s usually soft patches where the holes have been filled in with the cars if it’s been wet a few days before on the track around the entry into first and third bends that’s usually covered over so you can’t see them and can straighten the bike up if not going fast enough there unless you really attack the track your coming off  must be more falls there than any track in nl 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Mike0310 said:

I no Plymouth are my club but if that’s the best we can put out don’t bother a team with 5 riders is beating us by 21 points after 7 heats not good enough mr Bates not good enough at all Plymouth speedway are on the up a seven like that put out today is not good enough I’ve never even heard of colley you’d have been better off riding yourself I excuse young Ben from this rant. I never expected a victory but not this arse whipping.

To be fair Jenkins was one of the best guests available.  Covering for Atkins will always be hard as he has such a low average and guests don't usually line up to race at or against Mildenhall (another fixture taking place at Kent reduced the options further) . Plymouth won't be the first or last to take a thumping at Mildenhall and no guarantee the return visit will be any better. (BTW Colley is an middle order MDL rider. )

Just enjoy the racing and accept that at this level it’s more about rider development than the result.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, GWC said:

Just enjoy the racing and accept that at this level it’s more about rider development than the result.

Totally agree,Ben Trigger and Connor King both have potential imo.