Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Jaizer

2022 championship predictions

32 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

Any news on when we should expect fixtures?

I believe that John Campbell of Edinburgh are compiling the fixtures

11 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

In safe hands then

Hmm, not sure he will do my team any favours lol

17 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

I think it will be us/Newcastle and Scunthorpe battling it out for 'bottom' spot....no surprises!

Can't see Newcastle fighting another season at the bottom end ( I hope ) as from what happened last season I can't see the promotion standing for a side getting beat a lot & hopefully if riders do become available there would be a change or 2 made 

22 minutes ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Can't see Newcastle fighting another season at the bottom end ( I hope ) as from what happened last season I can't see the promotion standing for a side getting beat a lot & hopefully if riders do become available there would be a change or 2 made 

Which is true of most clubs, but at this stage we can only go on what's been announced so far. Not on what might happen if someone becomes available. Because most teams look set up to win at home, I took view of whose likely to get points away as a major factor in league position, and Newcastle's team to me doesn't look like will travel very well hence had them 2nd bottom.

4 hours ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Along with who ?

Newcastle definitely and Birmingham probably unless they pull something out of the bag    

7 hours ago, phillipsr said:

Newcastle definitely and Birmingham probably unless they pull something out of the bag    

Let's hope we ( Newcastle ) can pull a few bugs bunny s out the HAT 

12 minutes ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Let's hope we ( Newcastle ) can pull a few bugs bunny s out the HAT 

Cant see it unfortunately looks a pretty poor team and not sure they have the budget to change it much  

In my view Glasgow are the best team that has been announced, I think Poole will need mid season changes to challenge but then according to some its  a second rate competition that is not worth winning anyway. 

Edited by foreverblue
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

In my view Glasgow are the best team that has been announced, I think Poole will need mid season changes to challenge but then according to some its  a second rate competition that is not worth winning anyway. 

Have to agree...it's very 'Mickey Mouse', so far as honours go!

Happy New Year everyone, best wishes for 2022 & fingers crossed for a fab season ahead.

Best team on paper - Glasgow ( pains me to say that lol)

Beware of  - Leicester

Overhyped but likely to implode - Plymouth

Dark Horses - Redcar

Some people are confident about Poole - what do you know that we all don't?

7 minutes ago, Wardey said:

Happy New Year everyone, best wishes for 2022 & fingers crossed for a fab season ahead.

Best team on paper - Glasgow ( pains me to say that lol)

Beware of  - Leicester

Overhyped but likely to implode - Plymouth

Dark Horses - Redcar

Some people are confident about Poole - what do you know that we all don't?

We know the team, concerned about Ablitt, don't think he will last the season so expect mid season changes, my opinion is that Lawson should not be in the team and we should have gone for more strength in depth. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, foreverblue said:

We know the team, concerned about Ablitt, don't think he will last the season so expect mid season changes, my opinion is that Lawson should not be in the team and we should have gone for more strength in depth. 

Be surprised, if one position got changed would have to change 3 riders at once!