Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Jaizer

2022 championship predictions

7 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Be surprised, if one position got changed would have to change 3 riders at once! 

Maybe 2 why would 3 be needed? 

23 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Maybe 2 why would 3 be needed? 

Depends on who you are bringing in and averages of who they are replacing. I said 3 as it is a safe bet. I hope they don't need to replace anyone. They said Nathan is one for the future so I would hope he is in for the season. 

6 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Depends on who you are bringing in and averages of who they are replacing. I said 3 as it is a safe bet. I hope they don't need to replace anyone. They said Nathan is one for the future so I would hope he is in for the season. 

You would hope he would be, if not back to the new promotion at Eastbourne in 2023 I would hope.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Yes but they always say one for the future, it takes the pressure off a bit. You always need a good reserve and I am not sure Kemp is good enough, I would have preferred Zach Cook and Kemp at reserve. 

23 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Yes but they always say one for the future, it takes the pressure off a bit. You always need a good reserve and I am not sure Kemp is good enough, I would have preferred Zach Cook and Kemp at reserve. 

Based on averages the weakest reserves in the league and looking around reserves seen much stronger this season IMO. Kemp wasn't able to average 4 last season and at ashfield was absolutely awful, worse than Willie Lawson was before he replaced him! 

Have a feeling Lawson and A N Other may go by end of may for a stronger bottom end. Mostly cause get impression most Poole fans not too happy about having Richard, couple bad meetings feels like will be on his case

• Like 1

8 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

Have to agree...it's very 'Mickey Mouse', so far as honours go!

It's know more Micky mouse than the premiership with it's 6 teams, with 4 of those going in the playoffs, i think whoever is in the championship wants to win it 

25 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Based on averages the weakest reserves in the league and looking around reserves seen much stronger this season IMO. Kemp wasn't able to average 4 last season and at ashfield was absolutely awful, worse than Willie Lawson was before he replaced him! 

Have a feeling Lawson and A N Other may go by end of may for a stronger bottom end. Mostly cause get impression most Poole fans not too happy about having Richard, couple bad meetings feels like will be on his case

I agree with that, have to see how it goes, nothing against Lawson personally just feel we would be better with at least one strong reserve. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I agree with that, have to see how it goes, nothing against Lawson personally just feel we would be better with at least one strong reserve. 

a winning team need reserves that are going to move up/down every average change so the rider moving down can get some points and  confidence 

• Like 1

Only Poole fans would talk about making changes before the team is even announced or a wheel has turned. :unsure:

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

Kemp is also the stronger reserve at Wolves too.

• Confused 1

23 hours ago, phillipsr said:

Cant see it unfortunately looks a pretty poor team and not sure they have the budget to change it much  

Watch this space if it doesn't go to plan 

31 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Kemp is also the stronger reserve at Wolves too.

Don't think that's accurate. Leon is the RS and believe has the higher average of the 2... Where crescent girl lol

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Don't think that's accurate. Leon is the RS and believe has the higher average of the 2... Where crescent girl lol

Since you ask......

Yes, Leon Flint has the better CMA, he is on 3.63, Drew Kemp is only 3.36

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Wardey said:

Happy New Year everyone, best wishes for 2022 & fingers crossed for a fab season ahead.

Best team on paper - Glasgow ( pains me to say that lol)

Beware of  - Leicester

Overhyped but likely to implode - Plymouth

Dark Horses - Redcar

Some people are confident about Poole - what do you know that we all don't?

Dark horse I think is Scunthorpe,most  riders ride redcar track good ,need to win at home to be in the running

1 hour ago, crescent girl said:

Since you ask......

Yes, Leon Flint has the better CMA, he is on 3.63, Drew Kemp is only 3.36

Both capable of much better. After the league fixtures, Kemp finished the season 13, 2, 9+3, 8+1, 9, 7+2, 8+1. These didn't count for his CMA of course.