British Speedway Forum
Trees

Lewi Kerr Testimonial at King's Lynn 20.3.22

It does look a fairly good lineup, but is there a reason Kerr isn’t riding? Seems a bit strange to me…

34 minutes ago, therefused said:

It does look a fairly good lineup, but is there a reason Kerr isn’t riding? Seems a bit strange to me…

Because he doesn't want to? Would rather run and promote the meeting perhaps. Enjoy the occasion with his family. Would be my guess.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Because he doesn't want to? Would rather run and promote the meeting perhaps. Enjoy the occasion with his family. Would be my guess.

I’d have thought he’d still rode in this as first meeting it’s a opportunity missed to blow away the winter cobwebs and have a competitive practice session- get what your saying though 

7 minutes ago, eric i said:

Has Lewis Kerr done 10 years service for king's lynn?

BRITISH CAREER: (2010-11) King’s Lynn II; (2012) Plymouth, Somerset, King’s Lynn II; (2013-15) King’s Lynn, Newcastle; (2016) Lakeside, Ipswich, Scunthorpe; (2017) Poole, Somerset, Scunthorpe; (2018) King’s Lynn, Glasgow; (2019) King’s Lynn, Eastbourne; (2021) King’s Lynn, Eastbourne, Redcar; (2022) King’s Lynn.

Looks like 2010 until 2022 baring 2 seasons. Excellent service i would say :t:

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Haza said:

I’d have thought he’d still rode in this as first meeting it’s a opportunity missed to blow away the winter cobwebs and have a competitive practice session- get what your saying though 

Yep I appreciate what you are saying too. I have read before from other riders that organising Testimonials and suchlike is extremely stressful especially on the day when they are desperate for things to go smoothly, so you can completely understand why some might not want the extra hassle of riding even if it would be a good chance to sharpen their race fitness.

The forecast looks good for Sunday so here's hoping for a great meeting, looking forward to it.

• Like 1

anyone travelling in from north of King Lynn should be aware of a possible slow down on the A17 Sutton Bridge, has been a nightmare there at times although not sure on what work will be going on on Sunday

1 hour ago, stevehone said:

anyone travelling in from north of King Lynn should be aware of a possible slow down on the A17 Sutton Bridge, has been a nightmare there at times although not sure on what work will be going on on Sunday

Yep, up to 45 minute delays at times. Don't bother with avoiding it by going through Wisbech though as we did that on Monday and it was no better with roadworks in various places.

5 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Yep, up to 45 minute delays at times. Don't bother with avoiding it by going through Wisbech though as we did that on Monday and it was no better with roadworks in various places.

It has been a nightmare in Wisbech mainly because of the 3 way traffic lights at leverington Road.But much of the traffic has been coming from Sutton Bridge which has made the  situation  much worse than it should be.Sutton Bridge situation is due to go on until July I think. Would expect the travel situation to be much better on a Sunday though.

Looking forward to this already, especially with the weather forecast looking good as well. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

To add to Steve's message about congestion on the A17, the A47 at Guyhirn has a total closure all weekend.

https://nationalhighways.co.uk/our-work/east/a47-guyhirn-junction/

which diverts traffic via the A17....

Leave plenty of time for your journey!

That has been a pain for over a year now,especially when it has been shut on various weekends.

If I was coming from Peterborough on Sunday I would personally go Whittlesey way and then go the back route through Coldham to rejoin the A47 further up either from the B&Q roundabout in Wisbech,or there are more routes to get on the A47 further up.Or you can  just carry on through all the back roads to the AFA.It's probably only easy if you know these roads of course.

31 minutes ago, tellboy said:

That has been a pain for over a year now,especially when it has been shut on various weekends.

If I was coming from Peterborough on Sunday I would personally go Whittlesey way and then go the back route through Coldham to rejoin the A47 further up either from the B&Q roundabout in Wisbech,or there are more routes to get on the A47 further up.Or you can  just carry on through all the back roads to the AFA.It's probably only easy if you know these roads of course.

The road from Friday Bridge through to Elm and the A47 has also been closed recently! Like you I would go via Friday Bridge, Outwell, Stowbridge and Magdalen but I agree that's not easy without local knowledge and/or a very good SatNav. The message has to be leave early and be patient :-)

The works at Guyhirn are scheduled to be complete at the end of this month.

17 hours ago, stevehone said:

It's going to be the same the following Sunday for people from Norfolk trying to go to Peterborough for the Ben Fund Meeting.
local rag or EDP says that the A47 will be closed for 2-weeks from Wisbech to Peterborough, which includes next Sunday.  

Sorry, just read the posts above from other people. I shan't bother with the Ben Fund Meeting now.

Edited by Mimmo

53 minutes ago, Mimmo said:

It's going to be the same the following Sunday for people from Norfolk trying to go to Peterborough for the Ben Fund Meeting.
local rag or EDP says that the A47 will be closed for 2-weeks from Wisbech to Peterborough, which includes next Sunday.  

Sorry, just read the posts above from other people. I shan't bother with the Ben Fund Meeting now.

Get the old map book out Mimmo,there is plenty of back roads you can take.Plus it will be a flash back to the good old days where we had to always have a map book in the car:D.

35 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Get the old map book out Mimmo,there is plenty of back roads you can take.Plus it will be a flash back to the good old days where we had to always have a map book in the car:D.

Any known works for those of us coming up to King's Lynn from the south for Lewi's meeting?