British Speedway Forum
Trees

Lewi Kerr Testimonial at King's Lynn 20.3.22

4 minutes ago, TINYS said:

I know exactly what you mean about the tractor endurance events i suffer it every meeting, getting a bit fed up with it to be honest. I wonder if it is really necessary to do so many laps.

I think we are allowed to think such things but not to  say  them.  It is almost that Buster gets into a tractor   plays the tractor equivalent of the Skaters Waltz on his headphones an is away in  a world of his own.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, TINYS said:

He does it at every meeting and usually put's an extra half hour onto a meeting and if it's cold people get fed up and leave early, why can't he see that he's annoying people every week, might be why crowds are down.

Or it might be that it's £20 to get in

Or because the team hasn't been very good

Or that the racing hasn't been that great (didn't go last year so can only go by what I read)

I expect he grades as much as he does because he believes its necessary and not to annoy people. The best idea for anybody who wants an explanation or is annoyed is to ask, that's the beauty of speedway and riders and official being accessible.

2 hours ago, wealdstone said:

That's what it seems like to me. Same at Peterborough when he gets the chance

I disagree.  Matches at Peterborough are run swiftly, unless their is inclement weather or crashes of course.

I said when he gets the chance!!! Agree matches at Peterborough  run very smoothly.

4 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

I said when he gets the chance!!! Agree matches at Peterborough  run very smoothly.

He doesn’t get the chance Rodders, he watches the meeting from the sponsors lounge. (Certainly did in 2021)

Luke, Dean and Kevin drive the tractors.

3 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

He doesn’t get the chance Rodders, he watches the meeting from the sponsors lounge. (Certainly did in 2021)

I have seen him driving them!!!

If ever you wanted to know how not to run a speedway meeting, yesterday was the prime example. Started late , car parking was a balls up, Lewis Kerr being driven around the track for half a lap before the mic man realised . Worst man on the centre green mic I have heard for years. The meeting was drawn out far too long, most people had left before the final race. It would have been good if the change of car park exit had have been announced over the PA system. 

21 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

17 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

The most significant difference between King's Lynn & Peterborough for Buster is clear. 

The lengthy track grades are to do with food & drink takings, to which he doesn't receive at the Showground. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

So have I Rodders on occasions and only then when we hit problems but he watches all the meetings from the sponsors lounge.

Peterborough meetings are nowhere near the drawn out affairs you get at Lynn.

Edited by bigcatdiary

44 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

So have I Rodders on occasions and only then when we hit problems but he watches all the meetings from the sponsors lounge.

Peterborough meetings are nowhere near the drawn out affairs you get at Lynn.

Agree with that, very slick presentation at Panthers last season

1 hour ago, mrss said:

If ever you wanted to know how not to run a speedway meeting, yesterday was the prime example. Started late , car parking was a balls up, Lewis Kerr being driven around the track for half a lap before the mic man realised . Worst man on the centre green mic I have heard for years. The meeting was drawn out far too long, most people had left before the final race. It would have been good if the change of car park exit had have been announced over the PA system

Agree about the blocked entry/exit for the back straight car park, me and lots of other cars drove to that gate with no indication it was no longer in use which meant everyone using the same entrance and then cars and pedestrians both using the same path between the two car parks which is hardly the safest situation. I left before the final race but can imagine it was carnage trying to get out. 

I thought the guy on the mic was OK later on but he had a very dodgy/nervous start. Another of things about Lynn speedway need polishing and sorting from a customer servce/experience point of view, that's been the case for a few years unfortunately. 

I actually enjoyed this meeting throughout and thought the racing was pretty good!  I really liked the meeting format too.  I have a suspicion that a lot of those who left early may have been newbies (the pair next to us certainly were) who may have been enticed by local advertising...

Programme £5 , entrance too grandstand doubled to £2 . Can go along with this for a testimonial but a bit much if same applies to  ordinary meeting. Not far away now for just for a couple it will be £100 per meeting.

No doubt seating will remain at two quid but I can't see a programme being a fiver. Agree though the cost is getting out of hand. 

On ‎3‎/‎23‎/‎2022 at 3:05 PM, Bagpuss said:

No doubt seating will remain at two quid but I can't see a programme being a fiver. Agree though the cost is getting out of hand. 

Has anything changed from last season? Is it now covered? Is there now cushions?