British Speedway Forum
Trees

Lewi Kerr Testimonial at King's Lynn 20.3.22

2 hours ago, FromBendThree said:

Any known works for those of us coming up to King's Lynn from the south for Lewi's meeting?

I think if i was coming from London way i would take the A10 through to Lynn.I don't know of any road works from Stretham to Downham Market at least.There wasn't any road works from Downham to Lynn when i last used the road a few weeks ago.

6 minutes ago, tellboy said:

I think if i was coming from London way i would take the A10 through to Lynn.I don't know of any road works from Stretham to Downham Market at least.There wasn't any road works from Downham to Lynn when i last used the road a few weeks ago.

Thanks very much.

Has it been stated anywhere how much it is to get in?

42 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Has it been stated anywhere how much it is to get in?

Here is the price info.

Adults - ÂŁ20

OAP ÂŁ18

Yongsters 13-17 ÂŁ5

Under 12 - Free

Commemorative 48-page souvenir programme - ÂŁ5

See you on Sunday, looking forward to making the journey there to watch the meeting, will be providing updates too

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, tellboy said:

Get the old map book out Mimmo,there is plenty of back roads you can take.Plus it will be a flash back to the good old days where we had to always have a map book in the car:D.

Yee gods, you are as old as me:D 

Roadworks at the leverington turn off in Wisbech are now gone,this should ease the congestion considerably around Wisbech.I can't see there being any problem on Sunday traffic wise through Wisbech.

2 hours ago, tellboy said:

Roadworks at the leverington turn off in Wisbech are now gone,this should ease the congestion considerably around Wisbech.I can't see there being any problem on Sunday traffic wise through Wisbech.

According to Google Maps and roadworks website, the A47 is closed this weekend iin between Wisbech and Thorney. Alternative route will need sourcing for people coming from Peterborough way.

4 hours ago, ellioth4 said:

According to Google Maps and roadworks website, the A47 is closed this weekend iin between Wisbech and Thorney. Alternative route will need sourcing for people coming from Peterborough way.

Whittlesey then through Coldham would be my choice

• Like 1

Lovely day here in King's Lynn if anyone is thinking of travelling for this one :t:

• Like 1

Hope theres a good turnout for a brave rider who has comeback from some nasty injuries during his career and been a good servant to the stars in particular .

• Like 2

hopefully a good turnout for a brave guy.

One question I've always wondered. Do riders ride for free for just expenses or reduced rates in these Testimonials so that the recipient can make as much financially as possible and do Promoters / Referee  give rent / expenses  free etc?

5 hours ago, HGould said:

hopefully a good turnout for a brave guy.

One question I've always wondered. Do riders ride for free for just expenses or reduced rates in these Testimonials so that the recipient can make as much financially as possible and do Promoters / Referee  give rent / expenses  free etc?

Riders usually ride for expenses, and the beneficiary probably hopes some will re-donate these expenses. If big stars appear for riders they perhaps don't even know, that will probably be for an agreed fee. It's unlikely there will be much concession on rent because stadium owners will want their cash, though the rider might persuade the promoters to sponsor the rent. The ref may be kind enough to re-donate his/her fee. 

• Thanks 1

Hope Lewis  benefited greatly financially from this meeting. Perhaps things got better later on, possibly the most boring meeting I have ever been to, spectators all around were heard to say they are bored or fed up. Why I wonder does every meeting at Kings Lynn have have tractor endurance events. Hope you did well Lewis  but very poor fare IMO spectator wise.

• Like 1

I did think of going to this, but i tested positive for the bug on friday. After following the updates, i feel like i had a lucky escape.

• Like 1