British Speedway Forum
Chris116

Isle of Wight 2022

Good luck everyone for tomorrow and the rest of the season.

You've put a very interesting and entertaining package of events together again, well done to you all. 

• Like 7

3 TT Leg1 Result:

Cradley 35 (Bowtell 14, Coles 13, Spencer 6+2, Watts 2)

Weymouth 32 (Atkins 13, Congreve 8+3, Trigger 7+1, Clouting 4)

IOW 23 (Morley 11, Verge 10, Spooner 1, King 1)

Report and scores on the Warriors website for the opening meeting of the season on 23rd June.

Very sorry to hear that the last meeting of the season which was due to take place tomorrow, Thursday, has been cancelled due to the weather. Even more unhappy that due to Wightlink not running the late ferry from Ryde to Portsmouth this year I have not been able to see any of the racing at Smallbrook.

Here's to a successful 2023 for the Worriers and Wightlink restoring their pre-covid timetable so I can visit and see some speedway.

16 hours ago, Chris116 said:

Very sorry to hear that the last meeting of the season which was due to take place tomorrow, Thursday, has been cancelled due to the weather. Even more unhappy that due to Wightlink not running the late ferry from Ryde to Portsmouth this year I have not been able to see any of the racing at Smallbrook.

Here's to a successful 2023 for the Worriers and Wightlink restoring their pre-covid timetable so I can visit and see some speedway.

You should have contacted the promotion to see if you could have got a lift from someone on the late Fishbourne to Portsmouth service

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

You should have contacted the promotion to see if you could have got a lift from someone on the late Fishbourne to Portsmouth service

I did think about that but there is no way I could then catch the last London train which before Covid got me home around 12.50am. 

Edited by Chris116
Got the time wrong

An update on a member of my family who did start out having a go at speedway at Isle of Wight and Iwade. Now got his eyes on a different sport, but maybe if he is ever famous might drop a word in for the sport . Remember reading his mum had nothing but nice things to say about Barry

Edited by iris123
  • Like 3

Warriors website reporting a local paper’s article about Wightlink restoring the late evening Fastcat link back to the mainland from March. That’s good news if we can be back to Portsmouth by 10 pm or just after.

1 hour ago, Dickie Head said:

Warriors website reporting a local paper’s article about Wightlink restoring the late evening Fastcat link back to the mainland from March. That’s good news if we can be back to Portsmouth by 10 pm or just after.

That is the best news I have heard for a long time. Means I can do a few day trips to the island and spend the day on the steam railway followed by speedway in the evening. Already looking forward to seeing my first NORA meeting.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Dickie Head said:

Good job you don't race on a Friday night, Pompey on that day just after 10pm is an experience at times.....:drink:

Edited by gazzac

For news of bold plans in 2023, look in the Development League & Youth section of this forum where a new topic 'Nora Speedway League' has been started.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rob Dyer said:

For news of bold plans in 2023, look in the Development League & Youth section of this forum where a new topic 'Nora Speedway League' has been started.

Good news and I wish every success to the new league.

6 hours ago, Rob Dyer said:

Not new as Scunthorpe ran the same events last season with four teams taking part and are looking to expand the ‘ British Amateur League ‘ in 2023 but good to see more opportunities out there .Pehaps I.O.W. could join in with Scunthorpe and have a seven team league ?

Edited by Fortythirtyeight