British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

SEC finals Final round Pardubice Friday September 23rd live on Polish TV and PPV

9 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Kolodziej injured- presumably Ellis will get the chance to ride.

Edit Ellis replaces Kolodziej at 5

Such a shame, with the way Kolodziej has been riding in Poland it would have been really interesting to see him in individual competitions internationally

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Lorenzo558 said:

Such a shame, with the way Kolodziej has been riding in Poland it would have been really interesting to see him in individual competitions internationally

Every chance he will get one of the 5 picks the organisers have for the final series.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Every chance he will get one of the 5 picks the organisers have for the final series.

But he will probably be competing for a spot with Dudek, and if Smektala or Kubera qualify, and that is quite possible, then further places for Poles will be heavily oversubscribed.

I'd give him one, but I don't think I have much influence over that decision.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, arnieg said:

But he will probably be competing for a spot with Dudek, and if Smektala or Kubera qualify, and that is quite possible, then further places for Poles will be heavily oversubscribed.

I'd give him one, but I don't think I have much influence over that decision.

A GP rider is not allowed to be one of the 5 picks. They can i think be a round wildcard.

Dudek, Bewley, Michelsen, Madsen and Piotr Pawlicki are already in it.

Edited by racers and royals
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, racers and royals said:

A GP rider is not allowed to be one of the 5 picks. They can i think be a round wildcard.

Dudek, Bewley, Michelsen, Madsen and Piotr Pawlicki are already in it.

It’s a shame they are in it full stop - would be good if this was seen as more of a 2nd division to the GPs 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Najjer said:

It’s a shame they are in it full stop - would be good if this was seen as more of a 2nd division to the GPs 

You tell Onesport and FIM Europe that ;)

11 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Hoping for it, such a skilled and entertaining rider to watch

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Lorenzo558 said:

Kolodzeij best GP days were at least 15 years ago. He was in the GP’s 3 years ago was it, he won a round but most of the time was well down the order. He is a bit like KK or ALindback.

20 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

Kolodzeij best GP days were at least 15 years ago. He was in the GP’s 3 years ago was it, he won a round but most of the time was well down the order. He is a bit like KK or ALindback.

Maybe you are right, that 2019 season wasn't good for him but I've seen enough good heats from him to at least say he is comfortably better than KK and Lindback. He was one point away from qualifiying to the GP series again this year which would have been interesting to see. I also realise he hasn't done so well in the international competitions but we are talking about a guy who has the 2nd best average in the ekstraliga this year, can't be to bad surely

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lorenzo558 said:

Maybe you are right, that 2019 season wasn't good for him but I've seen enough good heats from him to at least say he is comfortably better than KK and Lindback. He was one point away from qualifiying to the GP series again this year which would have been interesting to see. I also realise he hasn't done so well in the international competitions but we are talking about a guy who has the 2nd best average in the ekstraliga this year, can't be to bad surely

Not being disrespectful, but the same things were said about him in 2019.  I actually like his riding style, but would much prefer a younger rider be able to have a go.