Jump to content
British Speedway Forum

Recommended Posts

19 hours ago, Phlipphlopp said:

Partygate will go away. This was a civil service thing on the whole. Not much to do with Boris. My boss came down with some drinks during lockdown to thank us for our hard work during lockdown , social distancing and all that. It was not uncommon. Partygate was a failed political assasination .

How's that going Phlippy?

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, norbold said:

How's that going Phlippy?

How many civil servants who instigated the work meetings got tickets ? Best get rid of them too then.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Phlipphlopp said:

How many civil servants who instigated the work meetings got tickets ? Best get rid of them too then.

Nice deflection from your original post that it wasn't much to do with Boris.

So you don't care that the Prime Minister of this country broke the law and then continually lied to Parliament and the British people about it and don't think he should face the consequences for this? Nor do you care that the Prime Minister is responsible for the culture in 10 Downing Street that allowed all this to happen. The morals of this Government and its supporters have sunk to an all-time low and it is an absolute disgrace that Johnson, the leader of our country and someone who should be looked up to to give an example to us all, is being aided and abetted in being able to get away with this immoral and disgraceful behaviour. Johnson has shown nothing but contempt for the millions of people who abided by the laws he himself laid out and were unable to see their love ones, even love ones who were dying. There is a big difference between Johnson's role in this and that of the Civil Servants, wrong though they were as well. Quite frankly, I am utterly appalled with all the apologists for Johnson..

Edited by norbold
  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, norbold said:

Nice deflection from your original post that it wasn't much to do with Boris.

They don't care, and it's why the country has sunk so low.

It's one of the characteristics of the neo-conners that they even when their leaders are caught bang-to-rights doing wrong, they'll seek to excuse or put the blame on something else. In this case civil servants - some of whom may have had little realistic choice in the matter. 

The two most senior leaders in the country broke laws they themselves were responsible for, whilst the plebs couldn't meet with their friends and relatives, visiting dying parents, or go their funerals. All along - even though the photographic evidence existed - they denied wrongdoing rather than put their hands up to it.

And this is apparently justifiable because the civil servants variously 'made them do it' or because there was a lock-in at a far flung UPS depot...

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
41 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Hit by a Ukrainian redesigned Russian missile, and had to be rescued by the Turks apparently... :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post

I think Putin has done himself a big injury in these “special operations” in the Ukraine.  He has shown the world that Russia is not the big strong power it is claimed to be. It seems to be unorganised, lacks the dedication from its troops, and mis managed in it operations.  The only thing it can wave about and get ears to listen is it’s nuclear arsenal …….. and that is frightening.

One snippet I heard early on in this conflict was “what is the world without Russia….”.    I took that to mean if Russia was brought down to nothing in a conflict, still there but not viewed as the “big nation” it wants to be, it would be like a world without Russia, and “what is a world without Russia”……… Nothing.  So if Russia is likened to a weak country and not be viewed as all powerful etc the world may as well not exist ie Nuclear war to finish all wars, all life.  I don’t believe that will happen, the all powerful one who resides above will see to that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
42 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

  So if Russia is likened to a weak country and not be viewed as all powerful etc the world may as well not exist ie Nuclear war to finish all wars, all life.  I don’t believe that will happen, the all powerful one who resides above will see to that.

What, like he saw to Russia not invading Ukraine and slaughtering thousands of innocent civilians you mean?

Share this post


Link to post
27 minutes ago, norbold said:

What, like he saw to Russia not invading Ukraine and slaughtering thousands of innocent civilians you mean?

Obviously you are happy the way the world has and is being managed.

It has not really changed for thousands of years.
Let’s have some more of it….Yeh.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

Obviously you are happy the way the world has and is being managed.

It has not really changed for thousands of years.
Let’s have some more of it….Yeh.

And for about 1,900+ of those years the all powerful one above is has been in charge. At least in the west. Another all powerful one has overseen all the wars and tragedies in the East….

Edited by iris123

Share this post


Link to post

Actually “the all powerful one above” has NOT been in charge for 1900+ years, surprised you didn’t know that as it is clear in the Bible who is.

Anyway, this is off topic.

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

Actually “the all powerful one above” has NOT been in charge for 1900+ years, surprised you didn’t know that as it is clear in the Bible who is.

Anyway, this is off topic.

Well then he or it can’t be as you suggested ‘all powerful’ I guess

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
47 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

Obviously you are happy the way the world has and is being managed.

It has not really changed for thousands of years.
Let’s have some more of it….Yeh.

What a strange thing to say. As iris says, it's your god who's been in change. I think it's you who needs to answer that question, not me.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
52 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

Actually “the all powerful one above” has NOT been in charge for 1900+ years, surprised you didn’t know that as it is clear in the Bible who is.

Anyway, this is off topic.

Happy Easter.

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

I think Putin has done himself a big injury in these “special operations” in the Ukraine.  He has shown the world that Russia is not the big strong power it is claimed to be. It seems to be unorganised, lacks the dedication from its troops, and mis managed in it operations.  The only thing it can wave about and get ears to listen is it’s nuclear arsenal …….. and that is frightening.

Russia's prosecution of the war so far has frankly been an embarrassing shambles that has revealed it to be the archetypal playground bully that basically isn't that hard when someone's prepared to stand up and give them a bloody nose. And far from intimidating the West, Putin has now got Finland and Sweden seriously considering applying for NATO.

In fact, Russia has been so embarrassingly bad that I've been wondering whether it's actually all a double bluff to lull everyone into a false sense of security, but as with most things it's usually the simple rather than complicated explanation that's the reality... 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy