British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Daniel Smith

Premiership Pairs 2022

Would be interesting if they stipulated every rider must feature twice with the rising star a track reserve to be used at any time

So 6 riders in a team 6 rounds, Ipswich may go for

@ home

King & Riss

@ wolves 

Heeps & Batchelor

@ kings lynn

Starke & Doyle

@Peterborough 

Riss & Heeps

@belle vue

Batchelor & Starke

@sheffield

King & Doyle

For me anyway would make it more interesting each rider doing 2 rounds 

4 hours ago, Falcon1983 said:

Would be interesting if they stipulated every rider must feature twice with the rising star a track reserve to be used at any time

So 6 riders in a team 6 rounds, Ipswich may go for

@ home

King & Riss

@ wolves 

Heeps & Batchelor

@ kings lynn

Starke & Doyle

@Peterborough 

Riss & Heeps

@belle vue

Batchelor & Starke

@sheffield

King & Doyle

For me anyway would make it more interesting each rider doing 2 rounds 

That makes the event less attractive. 

Places would be empty if there's meetings where the No2/No4 & No6 race. . 

It has to be fixed to be a pairing from the top 3 in the team averages otherwise there's just going to be no interest at all to attend. 

• Like 4

Wouldn't be a surprise that after the first pairs meeting is run at Peterborough and the meeting is poorly attended due to the quality of the riders on show its knocked on the head 

Edited by scoobydoo
  • Like 1

The problem with all pairs events is you only see your team's pair in 5 heats, one off meeting on neutral track not too bad but can see this series being a white elephant.
4TT would have been better.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Rob B said:

The problem with all pairs events is you only see your team's pair in 5 heats

You'll see your pair in 5 of the 15 heats.

In the old BLRC you only saw your rider in 5 of the 20 heats.  But they still packed 25,000 into Hyde Road to see the 16 best riders in the league.

With only 6 Premiership teams, you can hardly have a 6 rider BLRC.   This is the best way to have the best riders in the league all in a meeting together.   If they get it right and make sure every team sends their top 2 to every round, it could be a success... but there's always that word "IF".

Really they should be launching this as a big series and have a big headline sponsor.   I hope they get it right because it could be very good... but equally, they could get it very wrong.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rob B said:

The problem with all pairs events is you only see your team's pair in 5 heats, one off meeting on neutral track not too bad but can see this series being a white elephant.

Problem being is six teams...

Configuring a 4TT would be somewhat difficult using those numbers..

You would have to choose 4 teams only to make it work..

Dont disagree by the way as 4TT's often served up the best racing...

4 hours ago, Rob B said:

Yep. Exactly the complaint I have against the SoN compared to SWC...If I am going to support a "team", I want to see that team in every race.

• Like 1

On 1/25/2022 at 1:02 PM, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

With the 7th July event being 2 days before Togliatti SGP, Doyle might struggle for that one...

he will likely be in Poland the day after GP then fly to UK sunday night / monday morning

On 2/1/2022 at 4:13 AM, cambpanther said:

he will likely be in Poland the day after GP then fly to UK sunday night / monday morning

You've misread.  The Pairs event is two days before the Togliatti GP ...