British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
edmon

Northern Junior League 2022

I believe a couple of tracks wished to enter a second team in the NJL in 2022 but have been turned down by the SCB.  What is the problem with tracks entering a second team especially if they have a training programme in operation.

2 hours ago, edmon said:

I believe a couple of tracks wished to enter a second team in the NJL in 2022 but have been turned down by the SCB.  What is the problem with tracks entering a second team especially if they have a training programme in operation.

which tracks or is it just hear say

Obviously hearsay as I was told by someone heavily involved.  It is up to the tracks involved to let it be known that they wanted a second team.

Excuse me im missing any teams out but NJL is Berwick, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Redcar, Newcastle,  Scunthorpe ? 

That means its down to a possible 4 teams as two are already entered in the NDL. 

Were any reasons given for the non allowance of entry? Only ones i can think of are strict early curfew or reluctance to run double headers (as i know these are now favoured by some clubs) 

It would be great to see the NDL flourishing again (although lack of available riders would probably force a low team building limit)

• Confused 1

It’s no secret that a couple of clubs are struggling to find ‘ youngsters ‘ to fill places in both capacity levels, this is because of lack of new kids coming through in the last few Covid affected seasons . A few of the clubs with a more forward thinking attitude and available track times have an excess of riders and it is hoped to spread the excess to other clubs to enable all riders to get experience on MORE tracks and not, therefore, visiting the same track multiple times.
However, it is down to the individual riders if they wish to join a team which is not their local club and may mean excessive travel to the club that needs them. Remember, these kids do not get paid !

All will be revealed in time.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Excuse me im missing any teams out but NJL is Berwick, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Redcar, Newcastle

No Scunthorpe in NJL.  Just to clarify two of these five teams wished to track a second team but were turned down

1 hour ago, edmon said:

No Scunthorpe in NJL.  Just to clarify two of these five teams wished to track a second team but were turned down

Very much narrows it down. If i was to be awkward id say Redcar was one. Newcastle could have been the other as the demand was likely there but funded separately from the main club. Glasgow as much as it would suit feels a little less likely but equally possible. 

Whoever they were its clear they know that having thier own riders develop and being able to see visiting riders is key when looking at future years teams. 

9 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Very much narrows it down. If i was to be awkward id say Redcar was one. Newcastle could have been the other as the demand was likely there but funded separately from the main club. Glasgow as much as it would suit feels a little less likely but equally possible. 

Whoever they were its clear they know that having thier own riders develop and being able to see visiting riders is key when looking at future years teams. 

Why be ‘ awkward ‘ ? It doesn’t matter who it is, the situation is being addressed and no one will miss out . From your guessing you obviously have no idea about each clubs junior set ups so let’s just wait and see what ‘ officially ‘ gets announced shall we.

1 hour ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Why be ‘ awkward ‘ ? It doesn’t matter who it is, the situation is being addressed and no one will miss out . From your guessing you obviously have no idea about each clubs junior set ups so let’s just wait and see what ‘ officially ‘ gets announced shall we.

Id say awkward is one of the words that sums me up best. 

You are correct my knowledge of the Northern clubs junior setups and riders is limited. 

I will wait and see what teams are added to sn additional cup competition/challenge matches and whilst it will then be clear who it still doesn't cover off why they were rejected for league places.

11 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Id say awkward is one of the words that sums me up best. 

You are correct my knowledge of the Northern clubs junior setups and riders is limited. 

I will wait and see what teams are added to sn additional cup competition/challenge matches and whilst it will then be clear who it still doesn't cover off why they were rejected for league places.

Don't see the point in having redcar a and b or Edinburgh a and b teams in the same league and that is the point that's been made 

Hands up i really shouldn't read post late in the evening. I genuinely thought the original post was adding 2nd teams to the NDL not NJL. 

When ghost teams were allowed both Brum and MK ran teams out of Birmingham so dont really see much difference to that and Redcar A & B?

1 hour ago, Sings4Speedway said:

When ghost teams were allowed both Brum and MK ran teams out of Birmingham so dont really see much difference to that and Redcar A & B?

There is a big difference as long as a club was using its own name or one that relates to it, not a closed track name.

45 minutes ago, edmon said:

There is a big difference as long as a club was using its own name or one that relates to it, not a closed track name.

My point was that two teams have operated in the development leagues before from the same track. The ghost teams ban was just bluster to squash an existing league and get the PJL off the ground.....and look how thats turned out.

On 1/26/2022 at 8:37 AM, phillwhitewasmad said:

Don't see the point in having redcar a and b or Edinburgh a and b teams in the same league and that is the point that's been made 

Surely the point would be ( no matter which clubs were involved ) that more teams means more riders required meaning more team opportunities for new riders and more proper track time for all riders ?

• Like 1

The SCB seem to have relented on two teams from one club taking part with the rebirth of Teesside Tigers at Redcar.

Lets see if another club do the same.