British Speedway Forum
Marksman

Championship Streaming Channel

3 hours ago, iainb said:

Probably true, but a bit harsh, on that thinking you could say why even run the match. But it's sport and anything could happen, that's why we watch it. 

The context is that a new product is being launched.  Which could provide some much needed additional income for the promoters.

If you were opening a new shop you'd make sure your best products are on display to make more sales and get repeat business.

I'd imagine a few people will be interested in seeing what the standard of the stream and broadcast is before forking out £109 for the season pass. So if that first match is poor (i.e. a non contest) you'd have to ask yourself if it's worth spending £109 if those are the type of fixtures being offered. Why risk that scenario when you've no idea what sort of team Birmingham will field. It's like putting tins without labels on them on display.

I agree jeopardy is one of the essential ingredients of sport but I would say that's why so few watch speedway. Home track advantage and mismatched teams means anything can happen but rarely does. Yes there's the odd surprise heat win but in general the results are predictable when one team is clearly stronger than another.

My hope is that income from streaming changes the culture within the sport. If you're less reliant on home support for income and it's the standard of the product (excitement, skill, jeopardy) which attracts a larger audience then the on track product improves.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, iainb said:

Probably true, but a bit harsh, on that thinking you could say why even run the match. But it's sport and anything could happen, that's why we watch it. 

You can only presume those who have picked this as the first meeting must know broadly what Birmingham's team will look like?

Who just said at the back "They should tell Birmingham what it is then!" :D

I am sure they will have tried to pick a meeting that won't contain too many juniors or guests, first up...

Clearly for some clubs the opportunity to be featured later in the season might be reduced somewhat!!;)

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Clearly for some clubs the opportunity to be featured later in the season might be reduced somewhat!!;)

somewhat patronising as usual skids,what your saying is "my team will be in the play-offs but yours wont"nah nah n na na,my teams sponsors are bigger than your teams and my dad was bigger than yours cause he was from poole

• Like 1

5 hours ago, poole keith said:

somewhat patronising as usual skids,what your saying is "my team will be in the play-offs but yours wont"nah nah n na na,my teams sponsors are bigger than your teams and my dad was bigger than yours cause he was from poole

The winking emoji usually means 'I'm kidding'!  But each to their own

On 3/2/2022 at 3:27 PM, enotian said:

The context is that a new product is being launched.  Which could provide some much needed additional income for the promoters.

If you were opening a new shop you'd make sure your best products are on display to make more sales and get repeat business.

I'd imagine a few people will be interested in seeing what the standard of the stream and broadcast is before forking out £109 for the season pass. So if that first match is poor (i.e. a non contest) you'd have to ask yourself if it's worth spending £109 if those are the type of fixtures being offered. Why risk that scenario when you've no idea what sort of team Birmingham will field. It's like putting tins without labels on them on display.

I agree jeopardy is one of the essential ingredients of sport but I would say that's why so few watch speedway. Home track advantage and mismatched teams means anything can happen but rarely does. Yes there's the odd surprise heat win but in general the results are predictable when one team is clearly stronger than another.

My hope is that income from streaming changes the culture within the sport. If you're less reliant on home support for income and it's the standard of the product (excitement, skill, jeopardy) which attracts a larger audience then the on track product improves.  

I'd pick a couple of bones out of this, 1st match of the season could be a better or  could be a boring gate and go festival. Both teams will be ring rusty so you can't really judge form until every team has a few matches under their belts.

If they put Glasgow vs Poole on as the first 2 streams it doesn't mean they're going to be meetings full of great racing, we'd all assume so because of their teams, but any 2 teams can produce a borefest.

I myself succumbed and bought a season pass, before I read the email from my energy provider. Hopefully the service is good quality

I struggle to get to matches all the time now due to a bad knee so this is great for me , 30 meetings fo £103 is very good value 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Triple.H. said:

I'd pick a couple of bones out of this, 1st match of the season could be a better or  could be a boring gate and go festival. Both teams will be ring rusty so you can't really judge form until every team has a few matches under their belts.

If they put Glasgow vs Poole on as the first 2 streams it doesn't mean they're going to be meetings full of great racing, we'd all assume so because of their teams, but any 2 teams can produce a borefest.

I myself succumbed and bought a season pass, before I read the email from my energy provider. Hopefully the service is good quality

Very true but my point is, at this point in time you can make a judgement on whether or not Glasgow vs Poole might be a good meeting because you have an idea of the line ups. That can't be said of Berwick vs Brum can it.  At present it's the proverbial tin without a label on it. Unless those responsible for selecting the match know how Birmingham will line up. So why take the risk of broadcasting a fixture which could feature an under strength team away from home. The chances of that being a poor meeting must be higher than that of any fixture in which you know the line ups feature evenly matched teams.  That's just obvious.

This is a business which could dramatically improve the finances of the BSPL. So don't take unnecessary risks with the content, especially with the first offering. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, enotian said:

Very true but my point is, at this point in time you can make a judgement on whether or not Glasgow vs Poole might be a good meeting because you have an idea of the line ups. That can't be said of Berwick vs Brum can it.  At present it's the proverbial tin without a label on it. Unless those responsible for selecting the match know how Birmingham will line up. So why take the risk of broadcasting a fixture which could feature an under strength team away from home. The chances of that being a poor meeting must be higher than that of any fixture in which you know the line ups feature evenly matched teams.  That's just obvious.

This is a business which could dramatically improve the finances of the BSPL. So don't take unnecessary risks with the content, especially with the first offering. 

Apologies, i have jumped the gun on some of your original post, i completely agree on the basis of the pedigree of certain teams and riders should produce a better meeting

• Like 1

2 hours ago, enotian said:

Maybe they just picked the teams in alphabetical order... Nothing would surprise me tbh

• Like 1

I created an account a few days ago but didn't buy a pass.  I have now just logged on with the view to buying a season long pass at £109 but it looks like the only way to do it is send a gift voucher to myself that I can then redeem.

Seems a bit strange that I can't just buy direct from my account.

Also, once I had entered all my details and pressed send the website seems to have froze so I am not sure if the transaction has gone through!

It doesn't fill me with too much confidence going forward.

On 3/21/2022 at 5:14 PM, a4poster said:

I created an account a few days ago but didn't buy a pass.  I have now just logged on with the view to buying a season long pass at £109 but it looks like the only way to do it is send a gift voucher to myself that I can then redeem.

Seems a bit strange that I can't just buy direct from my account.

Also, once I had entered all my details and pressed send the website seems to have froze so I am not sure if the transaction has gone through!

It doesn't fill me with too much confidence going forward.

Hi a4poster, 

You should be able to select ‘SIGN UP’ from the menu in the top right corner if you have already signed up for a free account. You don’t need to buy a gift card and gift to yourself.

Alternatively, you can click on any one of the scheduled live streams and it will give you the option to sign up directly from there.

Sorry to hear you have experienced the site freezing. We’ve had very few people come to us with issues, but this is certainly something I’d like to look into further for you and may be something as simple as your browser.

Would you mind contacting us at support@exstreammedia.co.uk or messaging us directly from one of our social media pages? We can sort your issues for you straight away once we can look you up on our system.

Many thanks,

Jitendra Duffill, BSN

• Like 2

On 3/22/2022 at 11:50 PM, jduffill said:

Hi a4poster, 

You should be able to select ‘SIGN UP’ from the menu in the top right corner if you have already signed up for a free account. You don’t need to buy a gift card and gift to yourself.

Alternatively, you can click on any one of the scheduled live streams and it will give you the option to sign up directly from there.

Sorry to hear you have experienced the site freezing. We’ve had very few people come to us with issues, but this is certainly something I’d like to look into further for you and may be something as simple as your browser.

Would you mind contacting us at support@exstreammedia.co.uk or messaging us directly from one of our social media pages? We can sort your issues for you straight away once we can look you up on our system.

Many thanks,

Jitendra Duffill, BSN

Hi Jitendra 

I've just gone to sign up and when it gets to pay it says you will be charged £109 now then £109 every year. I thought it was not automatically renewed

15 minutes ago, bruno said:

Hi Jitendra 

I've just gone to sign up and when it gets to pay it says you will be charged £109 now then £109 every year. I thought it was not automatically renewed

The confirmation email states

Season Pass - If you have purchased a Season Pass, this will automatically expire on the 31st October 2022 and will not auto-renew

Would have been nice to have been given access to end of Feb 23 to be able to re-watch the classic Berwick Birmingham match over and over during the bleak winter months.

Rico :rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, Rico said:

The confirmation email states

Season Pass - If you have purchased a Season Pass, this will automatically expire on the 31st October 2022 and will not auto-renew

Would have been nice to have been given access to end of Feb 23 to be able to re-watch the classic Berwick Birmingham match over and over during the bleak winter months.

Rico :rolleyes:

Thanks for that Rico , appreciated