British Speedway Forum
Marksman

Championship Streaming Channel

1 hour ago, kevin bass said:

Did any one else have their picture freeze around heat 11, had to refresh the page to get it back going again.

Yeh I did, happened again a bit later on. Hit refresh and it came back

1 minute ago, bruno said:

Yeh I did, happened again a bit later on. Hit refresh and it came back

:t:

1 hour ago, Jaizer said:

Anyone know how long before meeting be there on demand?

I doubt very much there will be any "demand" for it tbh.

1 hour ago, Jaizer said:

Anyone know how long before meeting be there on demand?

Seems to be there now.

I enjoyed the coverage, more down to earth than the over production hype you get with Sky/BT and no constant interruptions with ad breaks.

Meeting kept flowing and I imagine unlike “TV meetings” when there is a threat of rain, they WILL get on with it without some director or other person in charge, insisting they need to pan it out over two hours.

Another touch I really like is being able to download the match day score chart as would be printed in a program, it’s a nice touch and maintains that interaction that you would get from being there in person.

Some minor things that will need polishing, but that will come naturally with time.

Looking forward to seeing how the season unfolds, as a neutral staved of speedway since Lakeside folded.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, marko said:

I enjoyed the coverage, more down to earth than the over production hype you get with Sky/BT and no constant interruptions with ad breaks.

Meeting kept flowing and I imagine unlike “TV meetings” when there is a threat of rain, they WILL get on with it without some director or other person in charge, insisting they need to pan it out over two hours.

Another touch I really like is being able to download the match day score chart as would be printed in a program, it’s a nice touch and maintains that interaction that you would get from being there in person.

Some minor things that will need polishing, but that will come naturally with time.

Looking forward to seeing how the season unfolds, as a neutral staved of speedway since Lakeside folded.

Yeah i thought it wasn't to bad at all for the first streamed live meeting, it did freeze once and I had to refresh the page to get stream back but overall it was ok, where abouts did you find the option to download the match day score card.

I think it the guy with Ollie that drew my attention to it, it was under the stream screen listed as resources I believe.

It then has a pdf download of the program score chart, and not just a generic one, but a copy of the one you would have found in yesterdays Berwick vs Birmingham match day program.

4 minutes ago, marko said:

I think it the guy with Ollie that drew my attention to it, it was under the stream screen listed as resources I believe.

It then has a pdf download of the program score chart, and not just a generic one, but a copy of the one you would have found in yesterdays Berwick vs Birmingham match day program.

Ok cheers, i'll have a look b4 next meeting

used a firestick 4k,but the picture was jerky sometimes.Used Silk web browser,tried Firefox which was a little better,anyone recommend a decent browser for it.

On the whole i thought that was a pretty decent production for a first show last night, I've just watched it as I was at Leicester myself. Whoever was on camera duty on turn 4 was a bit shaky, but otherwise i couldn't really fault it, was a lot better than i was expecting. Graphics and captions were good, commentator didn't seem to know who was in a few races and there were no replays... but there wasn't really anything worth replaying tbh.

All in all, if that's going to be the production standard for the rest of the season it's well worth the price of a early bird season pass.

Did anybody else think the picture of James Shanes looked like wee Jimmy Crankie?

2 minutes ago, blocktread said:

used a firestick 4k,but the picture was jerky sometimes.Used Silk web browser,tried Firefox which was a little better,anyone recommend a decent browser for it.

TV Bro... see my previous post

I subscribed. I am in the USA.  I streamed the match on my phone using Chrome and cast the stream to my 4k TV and had no buffering and the picture was fine.  As for the presentation, I thought it was fine. I did think the bloke doing the pits interviews was a bit overly excited, whereas Haley? was very good. Pity that the Birmingham team was 'not at the races'.  Josh Auty was going backwards at one point.... I look forward to watching more meetings and will decide whether or not to cancel or keep once they have broadcast few more meetings. So far so good.

Some of the graphics could do with being a lot smaller eg at the start line, and be off the screen a lot quicker, like at the end of the race as the winner goes off track and is met by mechanics etc.  Either that or use transparent png files so you can still see what is going on behind.  Paul and Haley's  audio could be improved too, and Paul is the main entertainer out of all the presenters so it would be good to see him on a roving mic in the pits between races, he was a little wasted on the few bits that he did and could be used a lot more. Maybe a bit like Kelvin on track pre meeting and maybe even doing laps mic'd up like on his vlogs.

Overall though great idea and looking forward to seeing it improve as they season moves on, well done to everyone involved.