British Speedway Forum
Marksman

Championship Streaming Channel

I had no sound to start with but muted and unmuted the volume icon at the bottom of the screen and sound kicked in, apart from that wasn't a bad watch.

35 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Early days 

You do get the feeling that they could be a key press from it all going horribly wrong one evening though... at least it'll be a new way for me to be deprived of watching a meeting for my bingo card :rofl:

21 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

A new BSN App is on the way soon.

though not for Android

2 minutes ago, SpeedwayTShirts said:

Firestick is Android isn't it?

Firestick uses Fire OS I think, an adapted version of Android. Not sure an app designed for Firestick would work for general Android

2 hours ago, iainb said:

though not for Android

Just log in as normal with Android.

2 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Just log in as normal with Android.

I think we're talking about the announcement of the development of an app for iOS and Firestick. I was just commenting that Android wasn't mentioned. If you have an Android TV, the Chrome browser is not always an option to be easily installed. I have 2 devices and the Chrome browser is not available from the Google Play store and has to be side loaded with all of the extra hassle that involves. I have found a different solution that works for me, but an app that runs on all Android devices would be nice.

4 hours ago, iainb said:

I think we're talking about the announcement of the development of an app for iOS and Firestick. I was just commenting that Android wasn't mentioned. If you have an Android TV, the Chrome browser is not always an option to be easily installed. I have 2 devices and the Chrome browser is not available from the Google Play store and has to be side loaded with all of the extra hassle that involves. I have found a different solution that works for me, but an app that runs on all Android devices would be nice.

Android TV and Android apps work differently too making it another 2 apps needed.

We've chosen iOS and FireTV as they seem to be the ones struggling most to get things working. Silk browser on FireTV is a bit laggy, and iOS can't use Chromecast due to Apple blocking its use in browsers.

These apps will now mean apple and Android have the option to use Chromecast (£20 investment) or go the Firestick route (£20) if none of their current solutions are working.

We'd love to include more apps but currently it just isn't affordable. They're VERY expensive!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Marshall07 said:

Android TV and Android apps work differently too making it another 2 apps needed.

We've chosen iOS and FireTV as they seem to be the ones struggling most to get things working. Silk browser on FireTV is a bit laggy, and iOS can't use Chromecast due to Apple blocking its use in browsers.

These apps will now mean apple and Android have the option to use Chromecast (£20 investment) or go the Firestick route (£20) if none of their current solutions are working.

We'd love to include more apps but currently it just isn't affordable. They're VERY expensive!

I'm using TV Bro on Android TV... works a treat

It's a shame BSN aren't showing the Oxford match tonight. I would have hoped that as soon as it was announced as a sell out that they may have covered one of the few good news story's from our Sport in the last few years

Anyone know if you can get the BSN stream thru a Roku stick. Just been given one for free, having a play around but thought I'd be lazy and ask

17 hours ago, iainb said:

It's a shame BSN aren't showing the Oxford match tonight. I would have hoped that as soon as it was announced as a sell out that they may have covered one of the few good news story's from our Sport in the last few years

Oxford v Poole on BSN next week.

They don't want to get Oxford's 2 home meetings over with before the league season has hardly got underway.

• Like 1

Hi all , I’m useless at tech so can somebody help me , going to sign up to this but don’t fancy watching on my IPhone but want to watch through my Samsung Smart TV ( about a year old ) can I do that and if so how ? 

Many Thanks 

Chris