British Speedway Forum
Marksman

Championship Streaming Channel

22 hours ago, dukes said:

Signed up for BSN speedway at 18:50 and thoroughly enjoyed the presentation and racing.

To produce such good quality in so short a time is a credit to all concerned and it will no doubt provide further options as time goes on.

Spot on Dukes:t:echo that, can't really fault it at the mo.

11 hours ago, Marshall07 said:

More than happy to take suggestions of what you'd like to see and we can work on things

The only thing missing that is different from a traditional TV broadcast is a replay of the heat after it's been run, even if it's not clipped up like it is on the TV, which I can understand would take resources, even if it was replayed in it's entirety it would give the comms something to talk about in between races. Otherwise, everything else for me is spot on :t:

On 4/21/2022 at 8:06 AM, kevin bass said:

I thought Lee Kirby came across ok and done a decent job last night, sounded better then Paul Bowen anyway.

I thought he did too! lets hope he can do a few more. - Paul 

• Like 1

Echo that, its far exceeded my expectations, real quality service

4 hours ago, Marshall07 said:

We are looking at this. But wireless cameras are extremely hard to get reliable feeds from unless thousands are thrown at it.

Perhaps just go with a graphic of eg Paul B and the Rider who he's chatting to in the pits or waiting to go on track, whilst you show background image of the whole track waiting for the riders to come out.  Also when you hand off from main commentary to the pits, could be a bit cleaner so they know instantly when they are live as opposed to the 4-5 secs lull where they're not sure.

Excellent work though so far and already had my money's worth.

Hi,

Although the quality of the picture sound was good, the one thing which I couldn't work out was how to fast forward.  I was watching the Oxford vs Poole match on replay (£6.99), casting to my TV from my phone and would like to have been able to either double tap to FF in 10 second increments like you can with YouTube or accurately move the scroll line at the bottom to FF, rather than have to sit through parts I was less interested in.  Is there a way to do this when watching on replay?

7 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Hi,

Although the quality of the picture sound was good, the one thing which I couldn't work out was how to fast forward.  I was watching the Oxford vs Poole match on replay (£6.99), casting to my TV from my phone and would like to have been able to either double tap to FF in 10 second increments like you can with YouTube or accurately move the scroll line at the bottom to FF, rather than have to sit through parts I was less interested in.  Is there a way to do this when watching on replay?

I watched the full replay via browser on my tv and there was an option in the bottom left to fast forward or rewind at 10 second intervals, which I used frequently.

1 hour ago, Rico said:

I watched the full replay via browser on my tv and there was an option in the bottom left to fast forward or rewind at 10 second intervals, which I used frequently.

Ooh that wasn't there on my phone, unless it was really small/disguised.  My TV does not have a browser, hence casting from phone.

1 hour ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Ooh that wasn't there on my phone, unless it was really small/disguised.  My TV does not have a browser, hence casting from phone.

The double tap option isn't available but you should be able to scroll through the timeline? We also have been cutting highlights of just the races to save people who don't want the faff in between.

3 hours ago, SpeedwayTShirts said:

Perhaps just go with a graphic of eg Paul B and the Rider who he's chatting to in the pits or waiting to go on track, whilst you show background image of the whole track waiting for the riders to come out.  Also when you hand off from main commentary to the pits, could be a bit cleaner so they know instantly when they are live as opposed to the 4-5 secs lull where they're not sure.

Excellent work though so far and already had my money's worth.

I'd say the handover Comms to pits was much slicker for the Oxford meeting as we knew that was an issue. It gets better as it gets darker as they have a light to tell them they're live it's just hard to see in daylight :D

On your first point, do you mean a little like the Polish coverage where two cameras are visible at once?

6 hours ago, iainb said:

The only thing missing that is different from a traditional TV broadcast is a replay of the heat after it's been run, even if it's not clipped up like it is on the TV, which I can understand would take resources, even if it was replayed in it's entirety it would give the comms something to talk about in between races. Otherwise, everything else for me is spot on :t:

We can clip up replays fairly easily, from different camera angles and different speeds too. The hard part is we don't control the meeting pace like Eurosport do so getting the replays in between races can be tricky.

As a whole we just want to bring a product that makes most people happy. We understand not everyone likes the same thing so finding the balance will be key. We want to push ourselves as much as we can, the more signups means the more we can add onto our production for equipment/staff etc.

My messages are always open if anyone has any ideas they'd like to put forward.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Marshall07 said:

We also have been cutting highlights of just the races to save people who don't want the faff in between.

Faff? Faff! Many people enjoy tractor racing I'll have you know :lol:

That's 3 meetings now and I reckon each one has got better, impressed with Lee Kilby. Might be an option for the GPS with Kelvin after last week's horrible news. Still can't believe it a week later. However, well done to all involved in the streaming

Tuned in for Oxford v Poole from the US, having been an exiled Oxford fan from the early 2000’s, and I thought the coverage was really good.

Enjoyed the commentary, and thought Allen did a good job adding some technical expertise.

Had lost touch with the sport since leaving the UK, but with Oxford coming back, my nostalgia senses were tingling.

Just need to figure out a way to watch the GP series.

i thought hayley bromley was good as well excellent coverage it can only get better .a roving reporter in the pit area would be good 

10 hours ago, Lghornets said:

Discovery+

Edited by iainb

11 hours ago, Lghornets said:

Tuned in for Oxford v Poole from the US, having been an exiled Oxford fan from the early 2000’s, and I thought the coverage was really good.

Enjoyed the commentary, and thought Allen did a good job adding some technical expertise.

Had lost touch with the sport since leaving the UK, but with Oxford coming back, my nostalgia senses were tingling.

and eurosport

• Like 1