British Speedway Forum
Marksman

Championship Streaming Channel

42 minutes ago, bruno said:

Did they use the discount code?

Don't think they knew the was one available:(

2 hours ago, kevin bass said:

Don't think they knew the was one available:(

I had an email advising discounted for season pass holders there was a code quoted on the email.

7 hours ago, kitten2502 said:

I had an email advising discounted for season pass holders there was a code quoted on the email.

Oh well not to worry, they still saved a tenna i suppose by getting an early season pass, did anyone else's stream keep freezing around heat 10/11 last night.

5 minutes ago, kevin bass said:

Oh well not to worry, they still saved a tenna i suppose by getting an early season pass, did anyone else's stream keep freezing around heat 10/11 last night.

Was jumpy all the way through (although the audio was unaffected) and crashed a number of times (missed 10 and 11)

4 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Was jumpy all the way through (although the audio was unaffected) and crashed a number of times (missed 10 and 11)

Fair enough, i wish they had the option to stay signed in on the login page like some other sites have tho, they/i had the same problems again last night where i had to go round theirs and sign back in for them to be able to watch the stream, when they left the BSN site last Friday they were still signed in but come yesterday they were signed out again, it's a right bloody pain at times as their to old to now to use to handset to fill in their email address n password so i av to go round there to do it for them, that's to whole point why i leave um signed in, it must be summit to do with the make of TV (Samsung) they have that signs them out after a certain period.

Edited by kevin bass
Corrected

9 hours ago, kevin bass said:

I missed heats 11 and 12

• Like 1

Anybody else having problems with the stream keep freezing or having sound but no picture 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, kevin bass said:

Anybody else having problems with the stream keep freezing or having sound but no picture 

Yep - getting rather tedious now  

• Like 1

Am watching both this and GP2. This keeps freezing and the track at Prague is dangerous.

Edited by Come on the Skipper
Changed rubbish to dangerous
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, kitten2502 said:

Yep - getting rather tedious now  

Yeah second meeting in a row had these issues, first few meetings streamed were ok but this is a pain:angry:

• Like 1

Doesn't seem like it was a great night for Speedway last night... Unfortunately I was at Scunthorpe for 2 heats of Speedway, decided Live Speedway was better than streamed Speedway... No Win!

There were a few teething problems in the early days that led me to think that something like last night happening was only going to be a matter of time, especially after some of the technical difficulties at Peterborough.

I've read their statements on Twitter and they seem very fair, compare that with the twaddle on the Scunny website!

One question though... With EMTV having been in operation for some time and being quite good from reports that I've heard, why were there problems last night I wonder?

• Like 1

This is British Speedway. What I suspect has happened, the people running British Speedway will have been of the opinion that a streaming service would never work,  not enough people would sign up/be interested to make it worthwhile  etc.

The people at BSN thought otherwise and were willing to put there “money were there mouth is” and test the waters by giving it ago. 
I signed up for a season pass, and in the beginning it was Ok, nothing fantastic, but enough to justify the cost of the season pass, but importantly, the people at BSN, listened to feed back from subscribers and improved content on a weekly basis, to the point more people were willing to sign up, be it monthly passes or individual matches.

I suspect, Demand has outstripped the ability to supply a consistent signal. I have no doubt that the team in charge at BSN are working on a solution, and it will be fixed.

At the end of the day, it is we as fans, who have caused the problem by being willing to watch a stream service in large enough numbers for it to become an issue.

How many times in the past have promoters/naysayers used “fans won’t watch/pay/turnout  etc” as an excuse not to try something new or reintroduce something that was once popular like the Fours qualifiers, and they are probably the same people who will have been sceptical of a streaming  service.
I hope BSN goes from strength to strength and keeps improving on the back of/and for the fans who are willing to watch and there by make it a success.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, pvm said:

This is British Speedway. What I suspect has happened, the people running British Speedway will have been of the opinion that a streaming service would never work,  not enough people would sign up/be interested to make it worthwhile  etc.

The people at BSN thought otherwise and were willing to put there “money were there mouth is” and test the waters by giving it ago. 
I signed up for a season pass, and in the beginning it was Ok, nothing fantastic, but enough to justify the cost of the season pass, but importantly, the people at BSN, listened to feed back from subscribers and improved content on a weekly basis, to the point more people were willing to sign up, be it monthly passes or individual matches.

I suspect, Demand has outstripped the ability to supply a consistent signal. I have no doubt that the team in charge at BSN are working on a solution, and it will be fixed.

At the end of the day, it is we as fans, who have caused the problem by being willing to watch a stream service in large enough numbers for it to become an issue.

How many times in the past have promoters/naysayers used “fans won’t watch/pay/turnout  etc” as an excuse not to try something new or reintroduce something that was once popular like the Fours qualifiers, and they are probably the same people who will have been sceptical of a streaming  service.
I hope BSN goes from strength to strength and keeps improving on the back of/and for the fans who are willing to watch and there by make it a success.

Everyone who has subscribed has been emailed/contacted this morning (or will be) not only with the official apology but also a breakdown of the various recompense to their different subscription passes.

Big investment in new equipment also underway.

As a season pass subscriber I am more than happy with their explanations.

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 7

It's got better week on week and altho last night seems to have been a bit of a shambles (I couldn't watch live) I get the impression the folk at BSN listen and will get it right. It's a big step forward for speedway which normally lives in the past. 

• Like 3