British Speedway Forum
Marksman

Championship Streaming Channel

10 hours ago, mikebaker said:

Please no more of Paul Bowen in Commentary.

Hi Mike , Thanks for tuning in last night. Ill be honest it was my first go on the BSN commentary as the team and i thought we would give it ago to see what happens. As it happens i did make a few mistakes here and there, and sometimes probably came out with wrong phase, I think even i under estimated how hard it is to comment on Live speedway as it happens so fast. Its gave me a real appreciation of commenters and how skilled our own Ian Brannen is! My style is very different to most Looking at the comments I'm defo a marmite kind of person as I've had a lot of lovely comments and like yours not so good. Just wondering if i was to do another one again what could i improve on? But don't worry Mike it wont be too soon and ill be back in the Booth on Sunday in Newcastle.

4 minutes ago, piepower said:

Hi Mike , Thanks for tuning in last night. Ill be honest it was my first go on the BSN commentary as the team and i thought we would give it ago to see what happens. As it happens i did make a few mistakes here and there, and sometimes probably came out with wrong phase, I think even i under estimated how hard it is to comment on Live speedway as it happens so fast. Its gave me a real appreciation of commenters and how skilled our own Ian Brannen is! My style is very different to most Looking at the comments I'm defo a marmite kind of person as I've had a lot of lovely comments and like yours not so good. Just wondering if i was to do another one again what could i improve on? But don't worry Mike it wont be too soon and ill be back in the Booth on Sunday in Newcastle.

Well done Paul for fronting up 

I don’t think people realise how hard a gig it is.

For me I wouldn’t worry to much about your style, you have to do what comes naturally or it’ll sound stilted and you are never gonna please everyone anyway.

The one thing I would say though is you can help yourself massively by getting the basics right such as who is in what heat, their names correct and be aware of the score and what’s required by teams. Viewers (particularly when they are partisan to a certain team) will get frustrated and annoyed when those go wrong.

Not sure of the studio set up also but I’d also recommend watching the start of the races on the monitor rather than on track if you have one. the view along the start will always give you the best view of if anyone moves etc and allow you to know what’s happening.

please take this all as constructive for a first go there is lot to take positives from, Even just stepping up and giving it a go and then not freezing up takes some doing 

The BSN is adding something needed in British speedway and the first year was always going to be a learning curve, we learned that the hard way at Edinburgh with our stream also 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gmuncie said:

Well done Paul for fronting up 

I don’t think people realise how hard a gig it is.

For me I wouldn’t worry to much about your style, you have to do what comes naturally or it’ll sound stilted and you are never gonna please everyone anyway.

The one thing I would say though is you can help yourself massively by getting the basics right such as who is in what heat, their names correct and be aware of the score and what’s required by teams. Viewers (particularly when they are partisan to a certain team) will get frustrated and annoyed when those go wrong.

Not sure of the studio set up also but I’d also recommend watching the start of the races on the monitor rather than on track if you have one. the view along the start will always give you the best view of if anyone moves etc and allow you to know what’s happening.

please take this all as constructive for a first go there is lot to take positives from, Even just stepping up and giving it a go and then not freezing up takes some doing 

The BSN is adding something needed in British speedway and the first year was always going to be a learning curve, we learned that the hard way at Edinburgh with our stream also 

Thanks for the great feedback, Your 100% right about the basics and its something i thought going into it would be no problem for me as i know alot of the riders visually. However upon watching back i have noticed there was a couple of times i got it wrong! weather it was the pressure or the fact its just happening so quick. One false look at the program or rider and it goes pete tong. Ive been at home many times watching and gone , thats not such a body how have they got that wrong now i know why ha! Maybe few more times practising in the bedroom before i may or may not give it another go. Thanks again for watching and supporting channel ! 

• Like 2

Got to say, some of the camera work was pretty shonky from Newcastle yesterday, maybe it was the wind!

• Like 1

On 6/9/2022 at 10:25 AM, piepower said:

Thanks for the great feedback, Your 100% right about the basics and its something i thought going into it would be no problem for me as i know alot of the riders visually. However upon watching back i have noticed there was a couple of times i got it wrong! weather it was the pressure or the fact its just happening so quick. One false look at the program or rider and it goes pete tong. Ive been at home many times watching and gone , thats not such a body how have they got that wrong now i know why ha! Maybe few more times practising in the bedroom before i may or may not give it another go. Thanks again for watching and supporting channel ! 

I have to say, I’m loving your style of presenting. Always looks like you’re having plenty of fun and a very relaxed nice style of interviewing. Not the same old cliche questions you hear all the time. Keep doing what what you're doing mate. Keep your own style and don’t change.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, SpeedwayTShirts said:

No audio on my stream tonight? Anyone else struggling? 

Parents having same problem and got no sound and a frozen picture of the track

I used the service for the first time last night.

I'm unable to watch live Speedway in the week due to work commitments and all the weekend tracks are the other end of the country. I don't get custody of the remote control until the wife has gone to bed so I bought the Edinburgh v Poole match to watch on catch up as I hadn't looked up the result.

It all worked a treat for me. I guess all the live stream glitches are sorted for on demand and I thought the whole production was decent for what cost little more than a pint at the pub.

No problem with Chromecast either which I've had with some of the club streams so able to watch on TV. 

Same again for Berwick tonight I think. Will retire to my summer house with a pack of Stella, what's not to like? :) (don't mention the score!)

• Like 1

Does anybody else find the picture jerky on the stream? Or is it just me?

10 minutes ago, iainb said:

Does anybody else find the picture jerky on the stream? Or is it just me?

Might be using Twitchy Batch as cameraman

2 minutes ago, Triple.H. said:

Might be using Twitchy Batch as cameraman

It's all camera's for me

I got an email from BSN with details of 6 meetings in August (including 1 x Premiership pairs). The email says the monthly pass must be purchased by 31 July. I went to sign up for the month of august on the website but there’s conflicting information: The website says I’m signing up for a rolling monthly contract and the monthly pass doesn’t include Premiership pairs. 

Can I sign up for the month of August alone? Does the monthly pass include the Premiership pairs? 

Edited by pjplymouthdevil

1 hour ago, pjplymouthdevil said:

I got an email from BSN with details of 6 meetings in August (including 1 x Premiership pairs). The email says the monthly pass must be purchased by 31 July. I went to sign up for the month of august on the website but there’s conflicting information: The website says I’m signing up for a rolling monthly contract and the monthly pass doesn’t include Premiership pairs. 

Can I sign up for the month of August alone? Does the monthly pass include the Premiership pairs? 

I got the same email this morning and already subscribe to the BSN. Their monthly subscriptions are rolling but can be cancelled on the website once you've joined. The way I read the email is that people won't be able to sign up for a monthly subscription after this week. Premiership Pairs subscriptions ended after the first round I think so you have to buy them seperately as they are not part of the monthly pass. 

• Like 2

On 7/25/2022 at 8:05 AM, pjplymouthdevil said:

As @AndyPresley correctly states the monthly pass is a rolling contract which can be cancelled at any time. It doesn't include the Premiership Pairs which will be available for individual purchase only with only 2 meetings left.

He's also correct that the end to the monthly passes is for new subscribers only. All existing passes will continue as normal.