British Speedway Forum
Marksman

Championship Streaming Channel

2 minutes ago, ProperSport said:

Hi all , I’m useless at tech so can somebody help me , going to sign up to this but don’t fancy watching on my IPhone but want to watch through my Samsung Smart TV ( about a year old ) can I do that and if so how ? 

Many Thanks 

Chris 

Check your tv has apple air play as most Samsung tv’s have it built in. If it does you will be able to stream the image on your phone onto the tv using airplay.

It’s really easy to use and if you don’t know how I would just look it up on youtube for someone to show you how to do it.

38 minutes ago, Tim G said:

Check your tv has apple air play as most Samsung tv’s have it built in. If it does you will be able to stream the image on your phone onto the tv using airplay.

It’s really easy to use and if you don’t know how I would just look it up on youtube for someone to show you how to do it.

Thanks very much for the reply , really appreciated 

Chris 

1 hour ago, Tim G said:

Got my parents a Samsung smart TV couple of wks ago just for this reason after finding out the Sky Glass they were getting wasn't actually a smart TV so cancelled it n got the Samsung, it was simply to set up, just go into your built-in web browser and search for British Speedway Network and you can log in and watch it like that.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, kevin bass said:

Got my parents a Samsung smart TV couple of wks ago just for this reason after finding out the Sky Glass they were getting wasn't actually a smart TV so cancelled it n got the Samsung, it was simply to set up, just go into your built-in web browser and search for British Speedway Network and you can log in and watch it like that.

I've had my son's Samsung off him and asmittingly it's a few years old but when I get it on the browser there's nowhere to log in , just a page to sign up for the monthly deals. I can get it on my Amazon fire tablet . I'm going to try and cast it thru my phone to the TV but not being techy should be interesting.

Also, I've got a Roku stick thing but no idea if I can get it on that

27 minutes ago, kevin bass said:

Thanks Kevin , Ive tried mirroring from my phone and that appears to work and have also found the web browser - so just signed up :)

27 minutes ago, bruno said:

I've had my son's Samsung off him and asmittingly it's a few years old but when I get it on the browser there's nowhere to log in , just a page to sign up for the monthly deals. I can get it on my Amazon fire tablet . I'm going to try and cast it thru my phone to the TV but not being techy should be interesting.

Also, I've got a Roku stick thing but no idea if I can get it on that

It you go to the British Speedway Network homepage you login there to watch what you want to watch.

19 minutes ago, kevin bass said:

It you go to the British Speedway Network homepage you login there to watch what you want to watch.

When your on the actual BSN homepage where it asks you to sign up, if you go to the menu icon in the top right hand corner of the page (3 horizontal white lines on top of each other) it then opens up the sign in page where you put in your login details.

25 minutes ago, kevin bass said:

When your on the actual BSN homepage where it asks you to sign up, if you go to the menu icon in the top right hand corner of the page (3 horizontal white lines on top of each other) it then opens up the sign in page where you put in your login details.

No horizontal lines come up, they do on my phone and Amazon fire tablet but not the TV. I've been told it's something to do with the browser on the tv but that means nothing to me. il keep working on it and try to cast off my phone. If not il carry on watching it on the tablet

4 minutes ago, bruno said:

No horizontal lines come up, they do on my phone and Amazon fire tablet but not the TV. I've been told it's something to do with the browser on the tv but that means nothing to me. il keep working on it and try to cast off my phone. If not il carry on watching it on the tablet

How strange:blink:have you tried to refresh the homepage and see if it's any different,  at least your got the option of your tablet to fall back on hey:t:

Yeh , apparently it's happened to others as well. I've been given s few things to try

19 minutes ago, bruno said:

Yeh , apparently it's happened to others as well. I've been given s few things to try

Have you tried different links to the BSN website, im sure when i first went on the TV web browser and typed in British Speedway Network to set my dad's account up it gave me more then one link to use, also do you have the menu icon available if you go to this forum site via your web browser on the TV or is it only missing on the BSN page.

2 minutes ago, kevin bass said:

Have you tried different links to the BSN website, im sure when i first went on the TV web browser and typed in British Speedway Network to set my dad's account up it gave me more then one link to use, also do you have the menu icon available if you go to this forum site via your web browser on the TV or is it only missing on the BSN page.

Not gone on the forum thru the TV, il have a try and see. I'm sure there's a way round it. The page that comes up on the TV is different to the page on my phone or Amazon fire. il have a mess around maybe it's something obvious but I'm not that techy minded

11 minutes ago, bruno said:

Not gone on the forum thru the TV, il have a try and see. I'm sure there's a way round it. The page that comes up on the TV is different to the page on my phone or Amazon fire. il have a mess around maybe it's something obvious but I'm not that techy minded

Nor my Dad bless him, mind you he is 81 and it's his first smart TV, i was called to his during the first match when the stream froze coz he didn't even know what the refresh button was let alone where to find it, and then had another phone call last Friday when they had no volume on the stream:blink:luckily im only a 5 min drive away:)

1 hour ago, kevin bass said:

Nor my Dad bless him, mind you he is 81 and it's his first smart TV, i was called to his during the first match when the stream froze coz he didn't even know what the refresh button was let alone where to find it, and then had another phone call last Friday when they had no volume on the stream:blink:luckily im only a 5 min drive away:)

Got in touch with BSN and apparently it doesn't work on all smart TVs and mine is one of them. They've got an app coming out next month which should solve the problem

19 minutes ago, bruno said:

Got in touch with BSN and apparently it doesn't work on all smart TVs and mine is one of them. They've got an app coming out next month which should solve the problem

:t: