Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Marksman

Championship Streaming Channel

22 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

I think I will wait and subscribe just for October at £17.99 as I'm likely to get 12 of the 30 matches for that price ;):P

You can't be too clever, there's only 10 playoff matches ;)

On 2/11/2022 at 2:25 PM, racers and royals said:

If that`s decent value - wonder what you think Fanseat streaming represents ? All Swedish and Danish top flight league matches  plus French league- a total of over 140 matches available live and on demand for around £ 100( 9 months- price not announced yet to include Denmark) I know what i`m going to pay for :)

Fanseat is a very different model so possibly unfair to be compared. They only show meetings that are currently broadcast elsewhere by TV companies, ie they have the rights to show Eurosport meetings outside the UK. Eurosport produce the meeting. They can charge as little as £100 for 140 matches as they're not actually producing the meetings.

BSN will have to produce the Championship meetings as they're not available elsewhere.

22 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

I think I will wait and subscribe just for October at £17.99 as I'm likely to get 12 of the 30 matches for that price ;):P

Plus you'll have access to the previous 20 matches from earlier in the season as they say they'll stay available all year on demand.

Edited by RoundTheBoards
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Marshall07 said:

Fanseat is a very different model so possibly unfair to be compared. They only show meetings that are currently broadcast elsewhere by TV companies, ie they have the rights to show Eurosport meetings outside the UK. Eurosport produce the meeting. They can charge as little as £100 for 140 matches as they're not actually producing the meetings.

BSN will have to produce the Championship meetings as they're not available elsewhere.

Absolute rubbish comment re Fanseat !!! - (90% of the output is NON TV matches) for Sweden, Denmark and France - which is the 140 meetings approx- i did not include the Premiership as that`s not available in the UK. 

11 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Absolute rubbish comment re Fanseat !!! - (90% of the output is NON TV matches) for Sweden, Denmark and France - which is the 140 meetings approx- i did not include the Premiership as that`s not available in the UK. 

The Swedish and Danish matches are available on TV in their respective countries. All the Swedish matches are actually filmed for ESS (Thier own version of BSN).

FanSeat take a feed from these broadcasts, they do not create the broadcast.

I'm sure Fanseat is excellent value for those who want to watch Swedish, Danish and French speedway.

Not for me Jeff.

Edited by Bagpuss
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Marshall07 said:

The Swedish and Danish matches are available on TV in their respective countries. All the Swedish matches are actually filmed for ESS (Thier own version of BSN).

FanSeat take a feed from these broadcasts, they do not create the broadcast.

I fully know about Sweden- Spring media and the clubs are a partnership. As for Denmark previously TV 2 sport only showed a handful of matches- the rest that were available to watch( not all) were from the clubs themselves.

15 hours ago, RoundTheBoards said:

Plus you'll have access to the previous 20 matches from earlier in the season as they say they'll stay available all year on demand.

I actually did ask them about this and whether they'd be available during the winter with a "season" pass... the reply was "The season pass will run until 31st October". Which of course means that you may miss the Play Off Finals :D

i would think you would be able to pay for the last few meetings .... .over to you jeff !

14 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

I'm sure Fanseat is excellent value for those who want to watch Swedish, Danish and French speedway.

Not for me Jeff.

Exactly!

Why does this type of thread always sidetrack comparing the value to what is available for foreign speedway. Many who would subscribe to the new BSN service wouldn't care less about Foreign speedway. There is generally no affliation for people to follow a team abroad and most of the time it's foreign commentary. Not for me either.

• Like 3

The latest BSN post on facebook offers the chance to win one of 3 season passes.

• Like 1

Roll up roll up

Sign up to our brand new TV channel. The first live event is from Berwick who face Birmingham, who haven't actually got a team yet but we're sure they will have and it definitely won't be a massive home win.

Whilst these are the type of fixtures you'd expect to feature with limited travelling support you might have thought that the first fixture might have been more prestigious and certainly selected based on the potential to result in a close result. If you don't know one of the teams line up how can you possibly make that judgement? What if Birmingham complete their team with a couple of reserves? Hardly an inspiring choice for the first fixture.

Hopefully Birmingham pull together an attractive team and it's a great match but why pick it when there's a chance it could be a whitewash?

15 hours ago, enotian said:

Hopefully Birmingham pull together an attractive team and it's a great match but why pick it when there's a chance it could be a whitewash?

Probably true, but a bit harsh, on that thinking you could say why even run the match. But it's sport and anything could happen, that's why we watch it. 

• Like 1