British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
chris4gillian

Championship Meetings to be Streamed Live in 2022

6 minutes ago, chris4gillian said:

Great idea watched a few live streams last season means supporters can watch their team away from home if it's to far to travel.

• Like 1

Sounds a great idea. I wonder if it will be a monthly subscription service or pay to view each meeting?

6 minutes ago, Bandit59 said:

Great idea watched a few live streams last season means supporters can watch their team away from home if it's to far to travel.

Looks a great idea

28 minutes ago, Bunce said:

Sounds a great idea. I wonder if it will be a monthly subscription service or pay to view each meeting?

It says subscription.

33 minutes ago, Bandit59 said:

Agreed but not every Championship fixture is being streamed. So you might get to see Berwick at Plymouth but not Berwick at Newcastle depending on what fixtures they choose to stream. If all teams feature equally (notwithstanding Play Offs/Finals etc) then each team will feature, on average, once every 5 meetings but you'll have subscribed/paid to watch them all.

Still a positive innovation just not perhaps what people seem to be interpreting this as.

A very positive innovation.

I would not travel to Poole to watch a match against Glasgow (or anyone else apart from Coventry or my 'B' Team Leicester), but I'd certainly watch a stream. Subscription to the Championship is no different to the Premiership TV coverage, other than the fact that there is more variety.

With Swindon not riding, and with Oxford in the Championship, this might be good for me.

I would prefer it, however, if clubs did their own streaming on a pay-per-view basis so that it's easy to pick and choose matches with all revenue going directly to the clubs.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Grachan said:

With Swindon not riding, and with Oxford in the Championship, this might be good for me.

I would prefer it, however, if clubs did their own streaming on a pay-per-view basis so that it's easy to pick and choose matches with all revenue going directly to the clubs.

I am fairly certain that will be the case as individual clubs may want a varied pricing structure.;):t:

I'd definitely be up for paying for the subscription great idea! 

Speedway Star interview with Ben Duffil says either seasonal subscription or a pay-per-view option for single meetings, as l read it.      

Presume tracks like Edinburgh, Glasgow and Redcar will continue to stream all their meetings, independently from this new service.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

Speedway Star interview with Ben Duffil says either seasonal subscription or a pay-per-view option for single meetings, as l read it.      

Presume tracks like Edinburgh, Glasgow and Redcar will continue to stream all their meetings, independently from this new service.

Hope so

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cookiefan said:

Hope so

Danny Ford also backs this up in Poole's statement saying they will stream every meeting when BSN aren't there

Good Idea,but the Devils in the detail knowing the BSPA.Teams that are already providing streaming might not wholehearted agreed if it going to affect their income from streaming.

7 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Good Idea,but the Devils in the detail knowing the BSPA.Teams that are already providing streaming might not wholehearted agreed if it going to affect their income from streaming.

My concern is will they allow clubs to do their own in house service which may be seen as a direct competitor? For example bsptv at at Edinburgh, Glasgow live stream on same night would take potential customers away from the bsptv meeting

• Like 1