British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
keepturningleft

Olympic Commentators

20 minutes ago, keepturningleft said:

I think non commentary during the race and then analysis and chat for the replays and all the rest would be the perfect compromise - like the tennis.

But that's not going to happen.

To be fair to Nigel, he does occasionally allude to the fact that the meeting probably isn't the most exciting thing in the world if we've seen a run of processional races.

I would think that for a non-speedway fan it would be difficult to keep up with who was who in a race without commentary. I certainly wouldn't know half the time.

22 hours ago, Tsunami said:

He changed to commentating on the final lap at Reading and was just as annoying.

Quide liderally one of those guys who spoke publigly like they thought they were an Amerigan radio DJ...

Gread made....

Probably did a lod of work for charidee but didn'd like to tawg aboud id.... :D

• Like 1

On 2/21/2022 at 10:00 AM, ch958 said:

hate that

I really disliked Peter York’s on field commentary….however years ago I used to watch racing at Claremont in Australia and the on track commentary was superb and really added to the night…..it never works over here though

• Like 1

Dave Lanning used to do a commentary on the last lap at Wimbledon. I never minded it, but he was part of a very snappy presentation.

6 hours ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

Is Dave Hammond still around?

Not sure...I remember when he owned the music shop on Marston Road.

On 2/22/2022 at 11:23 AM, mikebv said:

Quide liderally one of those guys who spoke publigly like they thought they were an Amerigan radio DJ...

Gread made....

Probably did a lod of work for charidee but didn'd like to tawg aboud id.... :D

Harsh. Yet fair ;)

After the recent shocking passing of Shane Warne "the ball of the century" got a lot of air play and it was amusing to listen to Richie Benaud & Bob Willis almost dead pan commentary. These days the windows of the commentary box would be blown out with the reaction!

I think the possible reason they were so deadpan is, like Mike Gatting, they couldn't work out what the hell had just happened!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Dave Goddard said:

I think the possible reason they were so deadpan is, like Mike Gatting, they couldn't work out what the hell had just happened!

At least they were there- must be a lot more difficult staring at a screen  (with people babbling on in Swedish or Polish) wondering what`s going on :D