Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
GiveusaB

Admission cost/s 2022

1 hour ago, ruffdiamond said:

No, but you can if your a red flagger.  :t:

Or the start marshal and all you have to do is count to two...

3 hours ago, Petecc said:

Other country's look after their oap's  better than we do and don't feel the need to be embarrassed about asking full price to a pensioner who worked hard all his life only for the state to mug him off when he gets old.

More so than ever when your spouse has died, and in my case, I have not been able to work due to health issues since 1985, so only source of income is a very reduced state pension. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

No, but you can if your a red flagger.  :t:

You assume that's the only job flag Marshall do. Some work as track volunteers on other days or arrive hours before racing starts. 

1 hour ago, Petecc said:

You assume that's the only job flag Marshall do. Some work as track volunteers on other days or arrive hours before racing starts. 

Yeah,,, am well aware of that.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ruffdiamond said:

Yeah,,, am well aware of that.

Still waiting for you to get a sweat on a Sunday afternoon

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Still waiting for you to get a sweat on a Sunday afternoon

You're body sweat's to cool itself down,,, you may not need too if you're naturally cool. :rofl:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

You're body sweat's to cool itself down,,, you may not need too if you're naturally cool. :rofl:

Who told you that your cool  mmmm

Concessions,oaps, seniors ,does this mean over 65s I've been told I need to work till I'm 67 to get a pension so don't become an OAP till then !!!!

7 minutes ago, Bandit59 said:

Concessions,oaps, seniors ,does this mean over 65s I've been told I need to work till I'm 67 to get a pension so don't become an OAP till then !!!!

I'd think -- but dont quote me -- it is reasonable for a theatre, football club, circus, speedway club to offer reduced prices for pensioners.  Anyone not yet elugible for state pension might be presumed ti be working, and therefore able to pay full whack .   

8 hours ago, crescent girl said:

it is reasonable for a theatre, football club, circus, speedway club to offer reduced prices for pensioners

Why is it "reasonable" when the costs of bread milk, groceries, clothes and other essentials isn't reduced?  To say it's "reasonable" implies a logical thought process that presumably comes out of a sense of entitlement. That "entitlement" comes at the cost of the people whose incomes are reduced for the custom of such "entitled" people. I spoke to a promoter a few years ago, whose headline adult admission cost was £15 (shows how long ago it was lol) but whose "average revenue per person" was only £11 after all the concessions had been factored in. Assuming an attendance of 1,000, that's £4 per person, or £4,000 that's being lost to the business every week. I'm sure that those self-same people feel just as "entitled" to their speedway fix, well there'll come a time when it''ll be one thing or another, they won't be able to have both.

Edited by uk_martin
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, uk_martin said:

Why is it "reasonable" when the costs of bread milk, groceries, clothes and other essentials isn't reduced?  To say it's "reasonable" implies a logical thought process that presumably comes out of a sense of entitlement. That "entitlement" comes at the cost of the people whose incomes are reduced for the custom of such "entitled" people. I spoke to a promoter a few years ago, whose headline adult admission cost was £15 (shows how long ago it was lol) but whose "average revenue per person" was only £11 after all the concessions had been factored in. Assuming an attendance of 1,000, that's £4 per person, or £4,000 that's being lost to the business every week. I'm sure that those self-same people feel just as "entitled" to their speedway fix, well there'll come a time when it''ll be one thing or another, they won't be able to have both.

The "Grey Pound" is one of the most sought after...

Simply because many of those who have retired are a lot more "bomb proof" from external financial factors that those who still are working and raising families are...

The disposable income of pensioners given so many now have private pensions bought around the 80's/90's is considerably higher than the generation that has gone before, and the next generation of pensioners will be even better off with many having also made fortunes in their property before down sizing...

My old man is 84, lives by himself, and has much more disposable income than me, with mortgage, kids etc...

The 65 year old pensioner of today was born in the late fifties, hence were 30 somethings in the 80's when share ownership became the "norm" for so many, as were ISA's etc, and have benefited from high employment levels for the most part, huge house price increases, and also excellent health and nutrition improvements in relation to their parents, which means many are still very active...

No real reason to charge them less to be honest...

Tracks would be much better charging a family of four admission with a healthy discount, as they are the social group which invariably only make a small percentage total of those who currently attend...

And will be the ones most severely impacted by the cost of inflation rises...

Edited by mikebv

9 hours ago, mikebv said:

The "Grey Pound" is one of the most sought after...

Simply because many of those who have retired are a lot more "bomb proof" from external financial factors that those who still are working and raising families are...

The disposable income of pensioners given so many now have private pensions bought around the 80's/90's is considerably higher than the generation that has gone before, and the next generation of pensioners will be even better off with many having also made fortunes in their property before down sizing...

My old man is 84, lives by himself, and has much more disposable income than me, with mortgage, kids etc...

The 65 year old pensioner of today was born in the late fifties, hence were 30 somethings in the 80's when share ownership became the "norm" for so many, as were ISA's etc, and have benefited from high employment levels for the most part, huge house price increases, and also excellent health and nutrition improvements in relation to their parents, which means many are still very active...

No real reason to charge them less to be honest...

Tracks would be much better charging a family of four admission with a healthy discount, as they are the social group which invariably only make a small percentage total of those who currently attend...

And will be the ones most severely impacted by the cost of inflation rises...

Seeing that a typical speedway crowed looks as if it’s made up of 75% pensioners. Put their entry up to Normal price and you would loose a lot of the crowd.  Don’t forgot that Sunday suspended the triple factor pension rise because 8% didn’t suit them, instead this year we get 3.1%, yet inflation at the time was 8% and is again. We get the same gas/electric increases, food price increases, council tax, what savings we may have we still get the same miserable interest as everyone else.  My pension is half of the national average. For you to be saying we are well off I can tell you we are not.