British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
GiveusaB

Admission cost/s 2022

1 hour ago, OveFundinFan said:

Seeing that a typical speedway crowed looks as if it’s made up of 75% pensioners. Put their entry up to Normal price and you would loose a lot of the crowd.  Don’t forgot that Sunday suspended the triple factor pension rise because 8% didn’t suit them, instead this year we get 3.1%, yet inflation at the time was 8% and is again. We get the same gas/electric increases, food price increases, council tax, what savings we may have we still get the same miserable interest as everyone else.  My pension is half of the national average. For you to be saying we are well off I can tell you we are not. 

I take it not all pensioners are "loaded" of course..

However..

Given so many pensioners go v families who attend,  I would suggest that many of those would still go regardless of whether they get three or four pound off, as that really wouldn't be "make or break" for too many I would think, given if they can afford the current cost to get in then finding less than a fiver more shouldn't be beyond them..

(If their desire to watch Speedway is sufficiently there in the first place that is)...

250 pensioners paying four quid more though is a grand each week, which if your run 20 matches is £20k extra a season, a fair % increase on total revenue I would suggest given the pretty low base the sports' income starts from..

I personally think Speedway is going to suffer badly over this summer with all the large hikes in the cost of living and the fact that many will be spending their time (and money), enjoying holidays abroad again...

With Speedway being well down the pecking order in the priority listings..

My own cost of living rises in April by circa £200 a month if the current fuel costs dont drop, as Gas/Electric, Council Tax, and NI rises kick in..

Therefore getting the price "right" could be fundamental to survival for some, if not for many...

An interesting season ahead... 

Mike, just because your dad is ok does not mean every senior is. Your saying a pensioner can afford an extra £4 or £5 per meeting so some family can get in cheaper….. I think you judging things wrongly. Seniors are stuck with rises just the same as a younger one, and seniors, mostly, are not in a position to go out and earn additional income.  If seniors stop going to meetings speedway will be right in the dumps.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

Mike, just because your dad is ok does not mean every senior is. Your saying a pensioner can afford an extra £4 or £5 per meeting so some family can get in cheaper….. I think you judging things wrongly. Seniors are stuck with rises just the same as a younger one, and seniors, mostly, are not in a position to go out and earn additional income.  If seniors stop going to meetings speedway will be right in the dumps.

Isn't it already?  Speedway can't afford to lose any customers, but attracting new (younger) fans through the turnstiles is a must if the sport is to survive in the 'longer term'.

13 hours ago, mikebv said:

II personally think Speedway is going to suffer badly over this summer with all the large hikes in the cost of living and the fact that many will be spending their time (and money), enjoying holidays abroad again...

With Speedway being well down the pecking order in the priority listings..

My own cost of living rises in April by circa £200 a month if the current fuel costs dont drop, as Gas/Electric, Council Tax, and NI rises kick in..

Therefore getting the price "right" could be fundamental to survival for some, if not for many...

An interesting season ahead... 

I agree. My monthly income is a mere £636.39 a month now that my wife has died.  So all forms of social life have virtually got to stop for me. 

10 minutes ago, Mimmo said:

I agree. My monthly income is a mere £636.39 a month now that my wife has died.  So all forms of social life have virtually got to stop for me. 

Don’t know why your income is so low when gov pension is more than that. 

59 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

The new pension is more, the old pension isnt.!    I am another one stuck on the old system.

1 hour ago, StevePark said:

Isn't it already?  Speedway can't afford to lose any customers, but attracting new (younger) fans through the turnstiles is a must if the sport is to survive in the 'longer term'.

Of course new fans need to come through the gates, but not at the expense of charging older ones more, i reckon more older ones will leave then the new ones coming in.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

Of course new fans need to come through the gates, but not at the expense of charging older ones more, i reckon more older ones will leave then the new ones coming in.

You are quite right, of course.  I didn't mean that older fans should be alienated, which is why I said the sport can't afford to lose any customers.  Perhaps I worded it badly, if so, I apologise.

1 minute ago, StevePark said:

You are quite right, of course.  I didn't mean that older fans should be alienated, which is why I said the sport can't afford to lose any customers.  Perhaps I worded it badly, if so, I apologise.

I know what you were saying Steve.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

The new pension is more, the old pension isnt.!    I am another one stuck on the old system.

Oh ok didn't know that the old pension was that much worse

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

Purely and simply because I'm on a reduced state pension, as I had to give up work when I was aged 42, and am now 78, through health issues,  

9 minutes ago, Mimmo said:

Purely and simply because I'm on a reduced state pension, as I had to give up work when I was aged 42, and am now 78, through health issues,  

Oh I see, sorry to hear that. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Oh ok didn't know that the old pension was that much worse

It is about £40 per week different. So when there is a 3.1% increase (instead of 8%) those on the lower pension get less a rise.

8 hours ago, Mimmo said:

No doubt you've looked at any benefits you're entitled too.

I had a shock when I looked on the Government state pension page late last year, I don't qualify for a state pension till I'm 67, I've been in continual employment with the same employer since 1979

I have to pay  at that time another 4 years NI contributions to get my full state pension.

PS

Sorry to hear of the loss of your wife, my condolences  

Edited by Triple.H.

11 hours ago, foreverblue said:

no it's not .... 576.32 every 4 weeks I get