British Speedway Forum
PhilTheAce

Peter Craven Memorial 21/03/22

Not many seats left...

Crowd will be comfortably over 2000...

Should be a good evenings entertainment...

Posted on Belle vue Facebook  site

ROADWORKS - A57 HYDE ROAD

Fans travelling to tonight's meeting, be aware of traffic disruption on the A57 Hyde Road when approaching from the M60.

A partial lane closure on the A57, at the junction with Chapman Street, is causing delays so please plan your journey in advance.

Edited by topaz325

Theres a good field assembled for the Bullseye Trophy  "look at what you could of signed" ,  the first prize in the raffle is a speedboat 

53 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

.....A partial lane closure on the A57, at the junction with Chapman Street, is causing delays so please plan your journey in advance.

Funny thing. I just read on the Belle Vue thread, something about someone with that name not wanting riders back in British speedway. The lengths some people will go to eh? B)

Planning to head North about 14:30. Weather Ok? Top 3 prediction - Fricke, Lambert, Doyle.

32 minutes ago, Col said:

Planning to head North about 14:30. Weather Ok? Top 3 prediction - Fricke, Lambert, Doyle.

Yes weather ok, about 8 degrees this evening, little chance of precipitation .

2 hours ago, Blupanther said:

Visa issues still?

If so, getting close to season start...

MPT always good to watch so should be good for the entertainment level...

Not the best ever meeting at the NSS by its extremely high standards but still pretty good, and VFM...

Heat 20 was "WOW". One of those races that come along every 1000 or so. Brilliant...

MPT was on it all night so a deserved winner with Tai taking the "interview of the night award"..:D

If any promoters need to learn how to promote an event, have a word with Woffy. I might just book that flight to Poland for his testimonial.....;)

Crowd well over 2000, and the 50/50 draw had a prize of over £500 which shows how many were there to contribute..

Couple of gripes. One being the constant music being played whilst the centre green person is talking. What with the bike noise when at the tapes in readiness for a race, and the music, you simply cannot hear what she is saying...

And the second is the use of the 2 min clock. They used it for the first 10 races  or so (a la Poland), and it was great. One race ended, another quickly started. Then they let the riders get off their bikes and do plenty of gardening for the last half of races and didnt use the clock..

The interviews in the pits were good, and loud and clear, which sometimes with a "roving mike" doesnt always happen..

Didnt see much promotion of next weeks meeting v Sheffield given the crowd was so big, (double a usual meeting I would say), which I always think is an opportunity missed, as many of the fans in attendance would have been "local" but infrequent visitors to the Aces league meetings. (I saw five lads who, like me and my lad, "used to go" but none of us will be there next week)...

Maybe they could have knocked out some £15 or so tickets for the first couple or three meetings to encourage more of tonight's "locals" in the crowd to go back? 

Overall some pretty tough, hard racing for a "pre season" meeting, with plenty of passing (not always for first), to keep you interested, and if you get the chance to see Heat 20, then enjoy...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Not the best ever meeting at the NSS by its extremely high standards but still pretty good, and VFM...

Heat 20 was "WOW". One of those races that come along every 1000 or so. Brilliant...

MPT was on it all night so a deserved winner with Tai taking the "interview of the night award"..:D

If any promoters need to learn how to promote an event, have a word with Woffy. I might just book that flight to Poland for his testimonial.....;)

Crowd well over 2000, and the 50/50 draw had a prize of over £500 which shows how many were there to contribute..

Couple of gripes. One being the constant music being played whilst the centre green person is talking. What with the bike noise when at the tapes in readiness for a race, and the music, you simply cannot hear what she is saying...

And the second is the use of the 2 min clock. They used it for the first 10 races  or so (a la Poland), and it was great. One race ended, another quickly started. Then they let the riders get off their bikes and do plenty of gardening for the last half of races and didnt use the clock..

The interviews in the pits were good, and loud and clear, which sometimes with a "roving mike" doesnt always happen..

Didnt see much promotion of next weeks meeting v Sheffield given the crowd was so big, (double a usual meeting I would say), which I always think is an opportunity missed, as many of the fans in attendance would have been "local" but infrequent visitors to the Aces league meetings. (I saw five lads who, like me and my lad, "used to go" but none of us will be there next week)...

Maybe they could have knocked out some £15 or so tickets for the first couple or three meetings to encourage more of tonight's "locals" in the crowd to go back? 

Overall some pretty tough, hard racing for a "pre season" meeting, with plenty of passing (not always for first), to keep you interested, and if you get the chance to see Heat 20, then enjoy...

They were 200 short of a sell out.

Biggest crowd I've seen for a long time

As u say not the best meeting but a handful of good races and a couple of superb races with heat 20 setting the standards high for this year's racing. What a race that was BTW

Deserved winner in MPT always good round NSS. 

And guess what, he was 100/1 on bet 365. Hope someone took that. Ans if u did. Well done