British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DC2

Energy Bills going mad

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Crumpet91 said:

Even Germany has reversed course on a speedy coal exit, the 2030 date is now off the table. Looks like the climate agenda is dead in the water.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-04-28/war-forces-germany-to-put-g-7-coal-phaseout-push-on-hold

Can you read and understand ? War forces....... 

The climate problem is here to stay, whether you wish it away or not

You might be sitting pretty in UAE with plenty of oil and plenty of sun. But most other countries have to find alternatives, and if you want to call it an agenda, those alternatives are mainly renewable, because it helps make a country independant of crazy dictators in places like Russia or even Dubai B)

Edited by iris123

And from tomorrow in one part of Germany it is essential to have solar energy panels on all new buildings and when renewing a roof on most old houses, as part of the climate agenda. You will notice it hasn’t been cancelled 

https://www.baden-wuerttemberg.de/de/service/presse/pressemitteilung/pid/photovoltaik-pflicht-fuer-alle-neuen-wohngebaeude-ab-1-mai-1/

• Like 1

On 4/29/2022 at 4:52 PM, iris123 said:

Can you read and understand ? War forces....... 

The climate problem is here to stay, whether you wish it away or not

You might be sitting pretty in UAE with plenty of oil and plenty of sun. But most other countries have to find alternatives, and if you want to call it an agenda, those alternatives are mainly renewable, because it helps make a country independant of crazy dictators in places like Russia or even Dubai B)

Just a heads up as you ain't wired up correctly. Renewables does not put fuel in vehicles.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Phlipphlopp said:

Just a heads up as you ain't wired up correctly. Renewables does not put fuel in vehicles.

You obviously, as usual haven't understood the convo,as the discussion wasn't about fuel in vehicles

Never mind. I don't expect it from you

But take a few days and maybe ask a friend to help on this one, seeing as you have diverted somewhat

https://sonomotors.com/de/sion/

Edited by iris123
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, iris123 said:

You obviously, as usual haven't understood the convo,as the discussion wasn't about fuel in vehicles

Never mind. I don't expect it from you

But take a few days and maybe ask a friend to help on this one, seeing as you have diverted somewhat

https://sonomotors.com/de/sion/

Who exactly is going to buy electric cars when on the average wage ? Just wont/cant happen. More Iris wet dreams. I'll keep my diesel 4x4 thanks.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Phlipphlopp said:

Who exactly is going to buy electric cars when on the average wage ? Just wont/cant happen. More Iris wet dreams. I'll keep my diesel 4x4 thanks.

I thought last week you said you drove electric you plank. Make your mind up :rofl:

Edited by iris123
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, iris123 said:

I thought last week you said you drove electric you plank. Make your mind up :rofl:

You really are a dickhead. At work i drive an Arriva elec van. My personal vehicle is not. Jesus you are either thick or stupid , or just forgetful . Which is it ?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Phlipphlopp said:

You really are a dickhead. At work i drive an Arriva elec van. My personal vehicle is not. Jesus you are either thick or stupid , or just forgetful . Which is it ?

So last week you were bragging because you drove an electric car, this week it turns out you don't, sure your real first name isn't Boris?

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, The Third Man said:

So last week you were bragging because you drove an electric car, this week it turns out you don't, sure your real first name isn't Boris?

Are you thick as well ? I clearly stated it was a works van. And i dont like it one little bit. https://arrival.com/uk/en/news/ups-invests-in-arrival-and-orders-10000-generation-2-electric-vehicles

16 minutes ago, iris123 said:

The key is in the word 'van'. Not my personal vehicle. You and that third berk should get married , you seem very compatible :D

You'd be better telling your local government their strategy is wrong :rolleyes:

In 2017, the UAE launched ‘Energy Strategy 2050’, which is considered the first unified energy strategy in the country that is based on supply and demand. The strategy aims to increase the contribution of clean energy in the total energy mix from 25 per cent to 50 per cent by 2050 and reduce carbon footprint of power generation by 70 percent, thus saving AED 700 billion by 2050. It also seeks to increase consumption efficiency of individuals and corporates by 40 per cent.

The strategy targets an energy mix that combines renewable, nuclear and clean energy sources to meet the UAE’s economic requirements and environmental goals as follows:

• 44 per cent clean energy
  • 38 per cent gas
  • 12 per cent clean coal
  • 6 per cent nuclear.

The UAE government aims to invest AED 600 billion by 2050 to meet the growing energy demand and ensure a sustainable growth for the country’s economy.

Green advocates are keen to tell us about the 'success' of windmills in making our electricity. Yet for the last 10 days the wind has barely blown at all and we've relied on gas to make 2/3 of it. Nuclear another 1/5th. The lunatics net zero strategy is to ban gas...