British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Roger Jacobs

2022 Regulations - New Super Heat after Draw!!

The new Regulations for 2022 have been issued:

http://scbgb.co.uk/regulations

Check out new Reg 011.1.28 Super Heat - no more drawn matches!

Nice of them to check with the fans ...

To be honest I'm not totally opposed to this,

BUT

a] it has come completely out of left field, why no chance to discuss it before the rulebook drops, which might have increased the chance of getting it right

b] if this  change is the right way to go why not apply it to ALL leagues

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, arnieg said:

BUT

a] it has come completely out of left field, why no chance to discuss it before the rulebook drops, which might have increased the chance of getting it right

Because with just six teams (Two under the same control) you only need 3 or 4 idiots in the Premiership to have a majority to make daft changes for themselves.

The sanity within the Championship must keep the nutters at bay.

Edited by Grand Central
  • Like 2

There haven't been drawn matches for years with the league points scoring system

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, arnieg said:

BUT

Something must be done, and here is something..! :D

• Like 1

I'm not totally against the idea of a 4-3-2-0 point scoring format to see team riding attempted

However I would keep that to one competition only say the League Cup only and leave the league as it is and enable draws

leave this super heat b***ocks out

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Grand Central said:

And it's the dispicable  4-3-2-0 scoring to contrive a definite result. 

A draw is often a very good and fair result especially for an away side, achieved with a full 7 riders (hopefully). So now it's just down to which team has just the best top two only and the justice/joy of a hard fought draw is lost.  Ridiculous to change it.

Boils my p!ss.

Disagree. Teams can hugely benefit from strength in depth as this scoring system only benefits scoring in the minor spots. 

As an example, Doyle can score a 20 point maximum but the team loses every heat 25-20.

For a team, during the regular heats (example) vs Doyle, if you don't make the starts just don't finish last. 

Then you gain huge benefits from a strong No3 & 4.

Arguments for every scenario but definitely, under a 4-3-2-0 system the high averaged No1 & 5 become less important to a result. 

Simply proven by GB winning the SON last year. 

I'll always argue that the best scoring system possible will always be 4-2-1-0 if you don't want drawn meetings, winning races should always end in a team advantage, never 2nd & 3rd.

if its not broke , dont fix it . who dreamt that up  pluto ?

You have a team with strength in depth but no real fire power in the top two. your team works hard to establish a lead you conceed a 5 - 1 in 13 & then again in 15 the result .... A draw.  But wait now lets have a super heat or as we fans like to call it Ht 13 & 15 all over again.

Why give the fans yet another negative to talk about after a fantastic meeting.

Lets bring back Tac-Subs to give those clubs that don't have a Jason Doyle/ Freddie Lindgren to return an 11.00+ average make the points difference 8 & use unlimited T/S after Ht 4, retain the 3 ride minimum so reserves can only miss one race

2 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Disagree. Teams can hugely benefit from strength in depth as this scoring system only benefits scoring in the minor spots. 

As an example, Doyle can score a 20 point maximum but the team loses every heat 25-20.

For a team, during the regular heats (example) vs Doyle, if you don't make the starts just don't finish last. 

Arguments for every scenario but definitely, under a 4-3-2-0 system the high averaged No1 & 5 become less important to a result. 

I'll always argue that the best scoring system possible will always be 4-2-1-0 if you don't want drawn meetings, winning races should always end in a team advantage, never 2nd & 3rd.

Is the 4-3-2-0 scoring not only in the Super Heat?

It would be good to have an explanation why this has been done. There were only 2 drawn meetings out of 20 (?) last year so hardly a major issue I’d have thought?

4 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

You have not actually read the rule change, have you ?

Edited by Grand Central

Looks to favour teams with a strong top two but the heat format does that anyway. Yeah it'll just be a re-run of heat 15 won't it which could be a good or bad thing. Might add a bit of excitement.

What about three match races, two riders only. Heat 16 reserves only, Heat 17 2nd strings only, Heat 18 (if required Heat Leaders only)

tbf I don't mind a draw. was the league point scoring still 2 for an away draw and 1 for a home draw?

Proper surprised it wasn't publicised. Normally the sort of thing they think will have the masses flooding back.

12 hours ago, iainb said:

There haven't been drawn matches for years with the league points scoring system

Exactly, and giving the home team a point and the away team two seems a good way to settle it to me. 

• Like 3