British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Roger Jacobs

2022 Regulations - New Super Heat after Draw!!

22 minutes ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

So an away team losing the superheat gets 1 point.... the same as losing by 6...

And a home team drawing previously only get 1 point but now a chance of 3

If home wins with full points awarded are so vital I give it a couple of seasons before the regulations change to award the home team 3 points just for hosting the meeting :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Grand Central said:

You have not actually read the rule change, have you ?

Nope, first season in many years I can't be a$$ed. I took the comments as 4-3-2-0 every heat :lol: :t:

22 hours ago, iainb said:

There haven't been drawn matches for years with the league points scoring system

There were four 45-45 scores in the Prem in 2021 - by definition, they were drawn results.

The fact that the away team is rewarded with an extra league point is probably the main reason why this new Regulation makes no sense.  Why give the home team the opportunity to rob the away team of a well-earned extra point?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

So an away team losing the superheat gets 1 point.... the same as losing by 6...

They also lose the extra league point they earned by getting an away draw ...

Checked calendar when I first read this but then realised it wasn't funny and wasn't a joke. Daft idea. It is OK in cup ties but not for league matches.

• Like 3

One thing that is very odd (although perhaps expected as this is Speedway) is that such a huge change was not communicated in the past AGM statements

In fact there has been no official announcement as far as I can see , just simply slipped into the new regulations to be seeped out via eagle eyed supporters.....

• Like 1

Better idea would be 1 point for the draw for home team,2 points for away team ( as it was)  ...then an extra point for the win of the superheat.  

Speaking of Eagle eyed supporters.... Ipswich admission is now £20

Edited by 2ndbendbeerhut

5 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

One thing that is very odd (although perhaps expected as this is Speedway) is that such a huge change was not communicated in the past AGM statements

In fact there has been no official announcement as far as I can see , just simply slipped into the new regulations to be seeped out via eagle eyed supporters.....

Totally right. Just like the business of negotiations with the Polish clubs; only came out  when Bewley put something on social media. Left the BSPL scrambling (again). The BSPL only use their PR machine to publicise matches etc but never to communicate to the supporters what it is going on in other important tissues. If the BSPL 'floated' an idea like this super heat business, they could get some feedback from paying fans. However, with this, they haven't even slipped it out. It is just in the regulations with no explanation as to why such a thing has been done. As far as I know, it has never been talked about and I have said it is daft but the BSPL have made no attempt to justify what they have done. They should have got in first.

Well, they've done it again haven't they?

They've had their meeting and someone has come up with some thought from the top of their head and they've all gone: "Oh, what a wizard idea" and voted it in.

What happened in the Championship? Did they say: "That's a bit silly. The points system is already worked out to account for drawn matches" so just the Premiership voted it in?

They even forgot to tell anyone, so a lot of people won't even know what is going on with the  extra race, never mind the fact that the points scored are different to in every other heat.

If they want to do this, then use it for cup matches not league matches.

Daft.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

I should think it’s not been communicated because it’s took some time to sort it out.

Maximum no of rides, tape and time exclusions, penalties etc for riders, falls on the first bend, machinery problems as a result of a first bend crash, or riders getting injured as a result all come into play and I should think as per usual the person thinking up this brainwave up hasn’t thought of any of these problems and just thought it would be a good idea, a bit like Promotion and Relegation and all the other super two or three year plans that get ditched after one year.

This has proposed for Televised matches written all over it. 

And for the record their were four draws in the Premiership last year.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

Better idea would be 1 point for the draw for home team,2 points for away team ( as it was)  ...then an extra point for the win of the superheat.  

Speaking of Eagle eyed supporters.... Ipswich admission is now £20

£20 really that's is crackers. Keeps me at home.

12 hours ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

Would they still get 1 point if they fail to provide a finisher in the superheat, making it a seven nil?  This scenario may be unlikely, but not impossible.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Roger Jacobs said:

There were four 45-45 scores in the Prem in 2021 - by definition, they were drawn results.

The fact that the away team is rewarded with an extra league point is probably the main reason why this new Regulation makes no sense.  Why give the home team the opportunity to rob the away team of a well-earned extra point?

Without going into the detail, this looks like it would favour the top heavy (richer) teams. I've said it before alcohol should be banned from BSPL meetings!